Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Still insanely thankful for the opportunity and think it's amazing that the top guy on YouTube is willing to share the spotlight, it's very admirable and amazingly generous, and best of luck to all! It's mad to think, that the person who wins this competition will go from a normal life to their dream life from just one video! PewDiePie, you are amazing, we love you all, and we are all so thankful, the wait is nothing compared to the reward! May 2016 hold the dream for all of you <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by HeadbanginZombie ().

• I was ecstatic when Felix and his friends opens up a network, but even more so when he says winners of the competition will be able to join the network. As everyone already stated, this can be the opportunity of the lifetime. Though, I may not win seeing there are far more deserving winners than myself, this does motivate me to make better content in the future to improve myself for Felix's next shoutout competition. However, I do look forward to see, meet, greet and congratulate those who will win this competition. Good luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor! *Whistles to Hunger Game tune*
    • I find it confusing that he's plans to start a network... I just don't think he has time for that.

Though I guess he has lots of help I'm sure...
      He is pewdiepie...

I'm sure alot of the entries are already in networks... like myself... So we have to switch networks if we're picked I guess...

That's too bad... I've been with my network since they started... kinda well known there...
      Would be kinda sad to leave there...
    • I'm sure they wouldn't force you to do anything in that regard, it'd just be an option if you were into the idea.
      I think the network is awesome news...it creates more competition for the big MCN's that have been a bit cheeky of late.
      And other Youtubers may follow in Pewd's footsteps making networks of their own, which creates more opportunities for us little guys!
      Winning all around!!! =D

*Shower thought*
      Would you rather win a decent sum of money (say 1million) or have a chance at making YouTube a career?

Personally I'd take the possibility of doing a dream job over a million bucks.
      Money can't go with you when you die, so you don't ever REALLY own it.
      But making people laugh on the internets for a living would stay with me forever...and the happiness I'd get from that would have me smiling in my grave.
      What you guys think? Million bucks worth it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mattokamus ().

• Mattokamus wrote:

I'm sure they wouldn't force you to do anything in that regard, it'd just be an option if you were into the idea.
      I think the network is awesome news...it creates more competition for the big MCN's that have been a bit cheeky of late.
      And other Youtubers may follow in Pewd's footsteps making networks of their own, which creates more opportunities for us little guys!
      Winning all around!!! =D

*Shower thought*
      Would you rather win a decent sum of money (say 1million) or have a chance at making YouTube a career?

Personally I'd take the possibility of doing a dream job over a million bucks.
      Money can't go with you when you die, so you don't ever REALLY own it.
      But making people laugh on the internets for a living would stay with me forever...and the happiness I'd get from that would have me smiling in my grave.
      What you guys think? Million bucks worth it?
      I'd have my dream job of Youtubing any day :) It's really not worth the money if you're not doing what you love, like you said!
    • Is this competition only for gamers? My content is related to gaming. But I usually teach people how to build functional props out of old graded school work. I still entered into the competition though.

After watching his video about Revelmode, it seems like the entire shout-out competition was aimed toward gamers. He said some of the smaller channels could be part of the network. In a network, people work as a team. But I don't see how my content could possibly help someone else. How can I help other people if my content is similar in some ways but different in others?

I started YouTube because I wanted to spread a message and meet people that have similar interests. But I haven't heard from most of the people I met in the beginning.

Sorry for the large amount of text by the way. I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same thing. Good luck creating videos! :)
    • Shelriver wrote:

Is this competition only for gamers? My content is related to gaming. But I usually teach people how to build functional props out of old graded school work. I still entered into the competition though.

After watching his video about Revelmode, it seems like the entire shout-out competition was aimed toward gamers. He said some of the smaller channels could be part of the network. In a network, people work as a team. But I don't see how my content could possibly help someone else. How can I help other people if my content is similar in some ways but different in others?

I started YouTube because I wanted to spread a message and meet people that have similar interests. But I haven't heard from most of the people I met in the beginning.

Sorry for the large amount of text by the way. I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same thing. Good luck creating videos! :)
      It's not necessarily for gaming, no! Previous winners were musicians, artists, etc, so it's for everyone :)
    • Im feeling hyped about this lately. The fact that the winners may have already been chosen and that it could happen any day just blows my mind every once in a while :P
      As for gaming and non gaming channels, I believe most of submissions are gaming/commentary/vlog type and I don't think pewds will discard any submission (based on that "genre" at least).
      Also, Im feeling pretty confident about this competition =)
      whatever happens, happens though.
    • Hello everyone. How are you?

I'm new here. So. I just wanted to say it's really great idea to help people to grow. I saw video where Jacksepticeye spoke about this. When he won this shoutout competition. And now he is one of the most subscribed youtuber. And I saw alot of another channels which won. But they didn't grow. It sad. It's a big chance and they lost it. It's mean a good people who really wanted to win, who made amazing content lost their chances. I hope in this time somebody who really deserves it will win this competition. And I will see their awesome videos soon. Good luck. I will try my luck in another time when I will deserve it. Sorry for my mistakes.
    • jrobbarley wrote:

How do i apply for this?
      Our channel is receiving some attention and people are finding us hilrious :)
      We would like to get the channel out there to get some more feedback and to see what others think.

Cheers
      The deadline was quite some time ago. You will have to wait until next time

lightnellesse wrote:

Hello everyone. How are you?

I'm new here. So. I just wanted to say it's really great idea to help people to grow. I saw video where Jacksepticeye spoke about this. When he won this shoutout competition. And now he is one of the most subscribed youtuber. And I saw alot of another channels which won. But they didn't grow. It sad. It's a big chance and they lost it. It's mean a good people who really wanted to win, who made amazing content lost their chances. I hope in this time somebody who really deserves it will win this competition. And I will see their awesome videos soon. Good luck. I will try my luck in another time when I will deserve it. Sorry for my mistakes.
      Hello! Just like you I checked out the other channels who won. But I think you missed a major clue in why the others didnt succeed.
      They stopped uploading. They just decided to stop making content all together. This is why I hope the people that Felix chooses. Wont stop one they win, the only people from the past 2 shoutouts who still upload content is. Ken and Sean. Other than that, all the others just disappeared .

The post was edited 1 time, last by MeliZbeauty ().

• Well, lately, i have been thoroughly enjoying coming home, taking a look at the things ive recorded, then sitting for a good hour plus brainstorming on ideas for intros/outros/editing

I just absolutely LOVE editing my Let's Plays, because, its just something different, something i challenge myself to do, some days, maybe its a bit much, but one day, i honestly can see myself sitting at home, waking up, firing up the pc and the software and sit for hours just editing. editing, having fun, being me, making smiles, damn, did i mention i love editing? :D
    • RustyPieLover wrote:

Well, lately, i have been thoroughly enjoying coming home, taking a look at the things ive recorded, then sitting for a good hour plus brainstorming on ideas for intros/outros/editing

I just absolutely LOVE editing my Let's Plays, because, its just something different, something i challenge myself to do, some days, maybe its a bit much, but one day, i honestly can see myself sitting at home, waking up, firing up the pc and the software and sit for hours just editing. editing, having fun, being me, making smiles, damn, did i mention i love editing? :D
      Ohhh editing is bae. Editing is my favorite part of making videos, it's so relaxing and different everytime so it never gets boring. The videos I made took at least 5 hours of editing each, unfortunately I've been so inactive because I simply don't have the time anymore due to school exams, studies, etc ;-;