Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• MissFushi wrote:

The amazing thing is that if you were really focused on your channel's growth and enjoyed doing it, then it would not matter how long the results took. If you need validation through Pewdiepie to keep making videos, then you're not meant to make videos.
      I honestly couldn't agree more! I mean entering has it's perks obviously, but like MissFushi said if you actually love doing what you're doing it shouldn't matter how long it takes, whether it be a month or a year. Do what you want to do, especially if it makes you happy.

I have been making videos constantly every day, not because I'm hoping Pewds picks me, but because I enjoy it and it's fun. That's what you guys should do.

Sorry if I'm resaying what MissFushi said, but that is the truth and I fully agree with it!
    • MissFushi wrote:

The amazing thing is that if you were really focused on your channel's growth and enjoyed doing it, then it would not matter how long the results took. If you need validation through Pewdiepie to keep making videos, then you're not meant to make videos.

To be honest I found entering the contest to be very helpful. I started to take a step back and evaluate my channel. At first I thought 'What would Pewds find wrong...' and that turned into 'What would make it better to me?'. It really kicked me into high gear. Since entering the contest, I've earned OVER 1,000 new subscribers. I saw how Pewds made lots of different kinds of videos and started experimenting myself. Some video were super silly to the point of stupid, but I had fun. The only way to find out if something works is to put it out there and be open to feedback. So far, so good.

I'm going off on a tangent here. Basically, be patient and push this in the back of your mind. This way, if you don't win a place, you can congratulate the winners, brush off the little sadness, and keep loving what you do regardless.
      I really needed this. thanks for writing such a great response MissFushi. and everyone needs to have patience Felix is only human after all he will get to it when he can. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
    • I have just really been enjoying my time on YouTube lately, having hit over 1k, and then waxing my arms and legs for it, I have just been having the best of time. Having started a couple of new series, and just letting everything flow, it makes this feel so worth it. So many people have such good content, so i strive to make mine at least half decent! But it's all about fun!
    • Hey PewDiePie!

I'm just wondering if you're still up for doing this?
      I watched YouTube videos since I was much younger than I am right now. I started a channel last year in November and I felt like it's something I really really wanna do. Making videos and playing games? Sounds like a dream to me. I love games and I enjoy playing games, I don't have a pretty big audience right now but I hope I get some attention in the future, I wanna work hard and I'm collecting some money for better equipment too, current stuff is doing an okay job so far.
      I wanna work every day on my channel to fix what's wrong and improve on what I'm bad, I love editing my videos, but since school started now I lack some time so I have less time to edit it, but I'll always make enough time to keep creating content.
      Doing YouTube sometimes feels like going to the spa, it makes me relax and something fun, gets me up and I get in the mood to study more, haha.
      Thank God I found this forum, it really makes me happy to see that you could still do this in the near future and nothing makes me happier having a wider audience who fills up my comment section with good, quality comments which I always LOVE reading!
      (Oh yea, entering that contest doe :D)

Thanks and Peace!
      My channel - Michael P
      - YouTube

Peace!

The post was edited 2 times, last by MichaelP ().

• MichaelP wrote:

Hey PewDiePie!

I'm just wondering if you're still up for doing this?
      I watched YouTube videos since I was much younger than I am right now. I started a channel last year in November and I felt like it's something I really really wanna do. Making videos and playing games? Sounds like a dream to me. I love games and I enjoy playing games, I don't have a pretty big audience right now but I hope I get some attention in the future, I wanna work hard and I'm collecting some money for better equipment too, current stuff is doing an okay job so far.
      I wanna work every day on my channel to fix what's wrong and improve on what I'm bad, I love editing my videos, but since school started now I lack some time so I have less time to edit it, but I'll always make enough time to keep creating content.
      Doing YouTube sometimes feels like going to the spa, it makes me relax and something fun, gets me up and I get in the mood to study more, haha.
      Thank God I found this forum, it really makes me happy to see that you could still do this in the near future and nothing makes me happier having a wider audience who fills up my comment section with good, quality comments which I always LOVE reading!

Thanks and Peace!
      That was cute :3 Good luck to you brother! Work hard and im sure you will achieve your dream someday :)
    • Even though I'm not a youtuber yet, there seems to be a lot of people here who really enjoy making videos. I guess it's great because you don't need Pewd's approval in order to be successful, but idk.

All i can say is good luck to those who entered! :D
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • Wow, if I got this right the shoutout winners will join Pewdiepie's new network and this will give them really good chance at having an audience, much better than the shoutout itself ever would. So winning this competition could really change your youtube life. I also think that this will make the criteria for winning incredibly high now, and the winning channels will need to be very tight on everything and fit the profile.

I still gotta admitt I'm impressed because I didn't think Pewdiepie was that interested in helping small channels. And this could really help people. So well done everyone! xD I'm glad I am in the world where this is taking place in this way.
    • youarekitten wrote:

Wow, if I got this right the shoutout winners will join Pewdiepie's new
      network and this will give them really good chance at having an
      audience, much better than the shoutout itself ever would. So winning
      this competition could really change your youtube life. I also think
      that this will make the criteria for winning incredibly high now, and
      the winning channels will need to be very tight on everything and fit
      the profile.

I still gotta admitt I'm impressed because I didn't think Pewdiepie was
      that interested in helping small channels. And this could really help
      people. So well done everyone! xD I'm glad I am in the world where this
      is taking place in this way.
      ^This! When I saw that video I was shocked. And I'm pretty sure everyone is excited. We should ALL give our best, even if you are feeling down, think about it like this. Maybe Pewds is keeping an eye on your channel, so make sure you keep on giving it your all! And heck, even if he isn't, you'll still see that people will enjoy it when you give it your best, and you'll see results!
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • The future is bright. I wonder if he had this plan all along? I cannot wait to see the results. This Network in itself looks like a massive step for Gaming Entertainment, and for everyone involved.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • I was surprised as well about this :D I wish that everybody would win, everybody deserves it. And I'm really happy for the people who will win. But it's not a reason to stress about, everybody does their best and videos can be so much fun. Stressing about results does not help and makes it less fun so why do it xD
    • everybody is losing their minds about the competition now, I guess because it is close!! congrats to those who win, I am pretty sure your lives will change.

also if you don't win keep your head up, yes it is hard to grow but you never know what could happen, there are many others who have "made" it without pewds shoutout and you could be one of those.
      all I can say is follow your passion.

again good luck everybody and stay awesome