YOUR BEST TIPS FOR REACHING OUT WITH YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• YOUR BEST TIPS FOR REACHING OUT WITH YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?

Hi everybody, what are your best tips for reaching out to an audience?

I've been doing YouTube for a while now and think it's super fun and everything and really enjoy every second of it! :D (Except maybe rendering out the videos...)

But I'm having a bit of trouble reaching out to make people now about my channel. People are always giving tips about "Be yourself" (I am) "Have fun" (I'm having a blast!)
      etc etc. But it's been hard getting subs anyways. I absolutely think that my content is great and I don't think that is a strange thing to say, i'm not saying it's better than anyone else's but I think it's good. And I absolutely think that you should think about your content as that, why upload anything that you don't think is good yourself? Understand what I mean? :D

I also don't want to "whore out" myself in writing in other channels videos comments, like "Ey! Watch my videos here!" or something, I don't really like that, don't think it's genuine and you surf on somebody else fame and hard work. But this forum feels absolutely right to ask and get tips by you rad guys. :)

Would really appreciate any tips you guys have! :D Thank you so much and would love some feedback if theres anything you think about my channel :)

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaay rad everybody!!
      youtube.com/c/radicarl

Stay Rad Everybody!!
      /RadiCarl
    • Well , reaching out to people isn't really a thing with youtube, it's kinda all about patience, it may take a week, month , year or more, colabs help, but finding collabs with more subs than you is fairly small.

If you want my tip, avoid ever paying attention to numbers , just produce content and have fun with it.
    • Personally socializing with other small youtubers has helped alot, just get around the community and watch other peoples videos and talk to them! It's amazing how much support other small youtubers gives to another :3! Also, as above said, you can post your videos on reddit or other websites too! Just don't give up and keep up the work :3

Alex and Jenn from the gaming channel Two Geeky Friends ◔ ں ◔
    • It took me a year to really start getting noticed, if at all. I used appropriate Tags, and then found niche tags. Also reddit boards that allow video posting, and other forums (not here) are very helpful. <3
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • In reality, I think its all about the leap you must take in going to another youtuber who has the same amount as subs or more, and asking to Collab. It doesn't hurt to tweet other youtubers, and ask to collab. Whats the worst they can do? say no? if they do move on and try again.
      Talking to your comment section also helps, if they like you,they will start recommending your videos to other people. I think I was at about 500 subs when I got my first Fanart, and 1,000 for Fanmail. Just interact with your fans, even if it seems like they aren't there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MeliZbeauty ().

• MeliZbeauty wrote:

In reality, I think its all about the leap you must take in going to another youtuber who has the same amount as subs or more, and asking to Collab. It doesn't hurt to tweet other youtubers, and ask to collab. Whats the worst they can do? say no? if they do move on and try again.
      Talking to your comment section also helps, if they like you,they will start recommending your videos to other people. I think I was at about 500 subs when I got my first Fanart, and 1,000 for Fanmail. Just interact with your fans, even if it seems like they aren't there.
      love the vibe of your channel! and this really helped me seriously thanks
    • ^They're right. People always like to know you appreciate them. I'm to the point now where I take an hour a day to sit down with a cup of hot tea and respond to comments. I cannot do it throughout the day due to work/recording so the time I take to go through them makes me so happy, and they appreciate it too.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • There are a few things you can do when you start out:

1. Try to be innovative, there are likely 100 people doing the same thing.
      2. Be persistent, it can be once a week or everyday. But sticking to a schedule works.
      3. Push yourself to improve on videos. It can be improving on commentary, video delivery or presentation.
      4. Help others out, respond to your subs. Also be personable with viewers.
      5. Ignore haters but take constructive criticism if it is legit.
      6. Use Adwords. Even if you use $1.00 a day, it reaches out to new viewers
      7. Learn how to use unique thumbnails. Learn how to use photoshop or any other similar program.
      8. Broaden your horizons and try new things, you might be better at different types of videos!

I hope this helps out a lot. I also have been on Youtube for a few years. I see a lot of people emphasizing how many views or subs they have but ultimately this should not be the reason why you are making content. Make videos because you like creating & one day you might be able to do it as a living.

JD Rock
      - YouTube
    • Now these are some really good tips!! :D Thank you all so much!! And of course it should always be about loving what you do and I totally do! :) Starting making YouTube videos has made me being creative every single day and it's just a blast and it's the best thing I've ever started doing :D Love every single bit of it :)
      Thanks for all the advices, they all where super!! :D Gonna save them all in a document to look at from time to time :D

Stay rad everybody!! :D
      /RadiCarl :)

Stay Rad Everybody!!
      /RadiCarl