SHOUTOUT COMPETITION STILL HAPPENING?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm not sure. I completely understand that he's really busy right now with his book, his game, his tours, etc. But I'm worried that he's been so busy that he's forgotten the contest. Anyone know any news? He also might make it a halloween special however if he doesn't upload it tomorrow then he might have forgotten it I'm afraid.
  • It is very possible he has been busy with his LA trip, Game Release and Book tour and diverting attention away from his channel to others isn't what he needs right now. I bet he will get down to it once things settle a bit. Also, he may have decided he wants to see how these channels progress too.

Some people may have entered and stopped trying if they didn't see the results. Others are still trucking along. It can help him find for serious winners.

I gained 400 subscribers since I entered. Not that it means much but I am so determined to keep it rolling even if I am not one chosen.
    4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
    I publish a video daily.
    Not going to give up.
    Not going to stop.
    1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
  • One can only hope we've not been forgotten. It does kind of bum out that all we've heard was "1-2 weeks" 7 weeks ago. An update would be nice but he certainly doesn't owe anyone who submitted their content anything. If he ends up eventually selecting a few people I'm sure it'll wipe away all that time and wasted energy worrying about it. We'd just hope that he knows how much it means to all of us who tried and how much it'll mean to those who win.

I know I'm not the only one on pins and needles as every day passes :P
    Stay Pooshy!
    MoodPoosh
    - YouTube
  • MoodPoosh wrote:

One can only hope we've not been forgotten. It does kind of bum out that all we've heard was "1-2 weeks" 7 weeks ago. An update would be nice but he certainly doesn't owe anyone who submitted their content anything. If he ends up eventually selecting a few people I'm sure it'll wipe away all that time and wasted energy worrying about it. We'd just hope that he knows how much it means to all of us who tried and how much it'll mean to those who win.

He is friends with multiple people who he helped so I'm certain he knows what a difference those 30 seconds in a video would make for that youtuber's life. But if you pay attention to his channel and his vlogs you'd notice that he really is super busy, first was the show and now his book tours. Once the last book tour is done and he takes a week or two to relax, I'm sure we can expect the vid in one of his Friday vids.
  • IamPetard wrote:

MoodPoosh wrote:

One can only hope we've not been forgotten. It does kind of bum out that all we've heard was "1-2 weeks" 7 weeks ago. An update would be nice but he certainly doesn't owe anyone who submitted their content anything. If he ends up eventually selecting a few people I'm sure it'll wipe away all that time and wasted energy worrying about it. We'd just hope that he knows how much it means to all of us who tried and how much it'll mean to those who win.

He is friends with multiple people who he helped so I'm certain he knows what a difference those 30 seconds in a video would make for that youtuber's life. But if you pay attention to his channel and his vlogs you'd notice that he really is super busy, first was the show and now his book tours. Once the last book tour is done and he takes a week or two to relax, I'm sure we can expect the vid in one of his Friday vids.
    I totally understand that, as I said he doesn't owe us anything and I'm well aware that he's very busy. He's the king of YouTube, I get it.

All that I had said was that it'd be nice to have the slightest mention of an update since it's so far after his original estimate. Just a sentence somewhere that let's us know what's up?

He doesn't owe us that. He doesn't owe us anything. Would it be nice? Of course it would. That's all I'm saying.
    Stay Pooshy!
    MoodPoosh
    - YouTube
  • Yes, it is still happening. He couldn't have forgotten about it. But if he did, then it's just a normal human mistake. We all tend to forget things easily when we're very busy with our life, and this is one of them. After he's done with all the book tour, settles everything, comes back to his sweet home and relax for a few days, then it would be the appropriate time for him to start checking the submissions. So, I estimate that he'd be back home somewhere in the coming few weeks. Don't quote on me for that, as I do not know if he has any more future plans.
  • TheAimGames wrote:

Yes, it is still happening. He couldn't have forgotten about it. But if he did, then it's just a normal human mistake. We all tend to forget things easily when we're very busy with our life, and this is one of them. After he's done with all the book tour, settles everything, comes back to his sweet home and relax for a few days, then it would be the appropriate time for him to start checking the submissions. So, I estimate that he'd be back home somewhere in the coming few weeks. Don't quote on me for that, as I do not know if he has any more future plans.
    I completely agree. Although I would love a single tweet or something updating us and giving us an ideas as to where the contest is at, you know? Just keeping us on the same page :)
  • I personally think it will still gonna happen, though the possible theories are:

1 - he has completely forgotten about the shoutout (sidequest) due to the LA netflix series, game and book releases (mainquest).
    2 - he has already done a video about it but scheduled its publishing in a near future.
    3 - he hasn't made the video yet because of the overwhelming number of entries and he still needs time to check them all personally.
    4 - sadly he won't do it anymore, because of reasons #1 and #3 combined (too much work).
    but my guess is #5 - he hasn't made a video yet because of a bad timing due to his busy schedule.

Anyway, I highly doubt he forgot or won't do it anymore cause I noticed he seems a really organized person since he schedules recording, video publishing and events well. Or probably he's just waiting for the right moment; I think when he gets back to sit down again and record new stuff after all those "mainquests" taken care of, he will do it. Plus he still hasn't made an official video thanking his fans for the 40 million subs (though he just mentions it in his vlog). Maybe we just need to be a little more patient after only a few more days or week and more importantly focus more on doing our thing on youtube instead of depending too much on the outcome of the shoutout competition where winning is still a very slim chance. It's November or never :D
  • gamer_rye wrote:

I personally think it will still gonna happen, though the possible theories are:

1 - he has completely forgotten about the shoutout (sidequest) due to the LA netflix series, game and book releases (mainquest).
    2 - he has already done a video about it but scheduled its publishing in a near future.
    3 - he hasn't made the video yet because of the overwhelming number of entries and he still needs time to check them all personally.
    4 - sadly he won't do it anymore, because of reasons #1 and #3 combined (too much work).
    but my guess is #5 - he hasn't made a video yet because of a bad timing due to his busy schedule.

Anyway, I highly doubt he forgot or won't do it anymore cause I noticed he seems a really organized person since he schedules recording, video publishing and events well. Or probably he's just waiting for the right moment; I think when he gets back to sit down again and record new stuff after all those "mainquests" taken care of, he will do it. Plus he still hasn't made an official video thanking his fans for the 40 million subs (though he just mentions it in his vlog). Maybe we just need to be a little more patient after only a few more days or week and more importantly focus more on doing our thing on youtube instead of depending too much on the outcome of the shoutout competition where winning is still a very slim chance. It's November or never :D
    "Sidequest" "Mainquest" verbiage for the win, yo.
    Stay Pooshy!
    MoodPoosh
    - YouTube
  • gamer_rye wrote:

netflix
    Not Netflix, but YouTube Red, just to make this clear. :P

As far as the competition goes... I know it's hard to wait because of excitement and all, but I can assure you that this is still in the works and winners will be chosen. It just takes a bit of time due to the amount of people. Sadly I can't give you an ETA yet, best is to just move on with your regular life. You'll see it on his channel and over here once we announces the winners :)