Why is he called Pewdiepie? (The possible reason (PROOF))

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Why is he called Pewdiepie? (The possible reason (PROOF))

I JUST FOUND SOMETHING AMAZING

Ever wonder why Felix named himself Pewdiepie?

Follow These Instructions:
      1. Go to google translate
      2. Set the language on "detect language" in the ENTER TEXT box.
      3. Type in "Pewdiepie" (The bar on the top should say "Zulu- detected")
      4. This is where the magic starts. Switch the language on the translation box to "Belarusian". And there you go!

Who knew Pewdiepie was actually a translation from his original name??

Share you're thoughts on this AMAZING discovery!!!
    • The reasoning is a different one, he explained it in one of his earlier videos... I honestly forgot which one though. Pretty sure someone also wrote it down somewhere.

The way Google Translate works is that it gets translations by comparing literature and so on between languages. In this case it just picked up the PewDiePie is the nickname for Felix Kjellberg. It does NOT mean that it is an actual translation. PewDiePie is no actual word.
    • You have a point, but the fact that Pewdiepie is detected as a vocabulary in "Zulu", and the fact that if you switch the translation to other languages it won't work shows that his name could be translated from that language.

Your explanation would make sense if I typed Pewdiepie in the "enter text " box and the translation in English was his original name. I mean, if you type any other famous person's nickname into google translate, the translation wouldn't be their original name, but would show a direct translation from the original name.

Thanks for your reply.