[REALLY IMPORTANT] PewDiePie Fake accounts EVERYWHERE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• [REALLY IMPORTANT] PewDiePie Fake accounts EVERYWHERE

Ok. so I just went into Youtube to check a pewdiepie video and found this:

Seems like someone is making bots, and re-uploading/redirecting Pewd's videos.
      At first I said: "well, they can't have all his videos, can't they?", surprisingly, I found that THEY HAVE MORE THAN 190 VIDEOS EACH.
      This is getting outta control, and what is even worse, people are falling for that, since they're commenting, subscribing, and maybe clicking on other links.

I don't feel like I am a big part of this community, but I wanted you to see this, and stay aware of this.
      Thanks and care 'bout what you watch!
    • It's sad people try and profit off him and other big Creators. Educating the younger fans to not click on scams or fake videos is the best way to handle it. That and reporting videos.

I always worry about the younger kids when I see those scam comments or accounts. When I was little I wasn't the wisest little pumpkin either. X(
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • MissFushi wrote:

It's sad people try and profit off him and other big Creators. Educating the younger fans to not click on scams or fake videos is the best way to handle it. That and reporting videos.

I always worry about the younger kids when I see those scam comments or accounts. When I was little I wasn't the wisest little pumpkin either. X(
      Thats the first thought that always comes to mind for me, too.
      Is the little children who look at the comment section 3:
      :) Bleep Bloop Achievables. :)
      Heres my YouTube!: DevRoxToo
      And my tweeter: DevRoxToo
      :D
    • DevRoxToo wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

It's sad people try and profit off him and other big Creators. Educating the younger fans to not click on scams or fake videos is the best way to handle it. That and reporting videos.

Thats the first thought that always comes to mind for me, too.Is the little children who look at the comment section 3:
      Well said guys.
      I really hope for the sake of this awesome community and for YouTube in general that Google or YouTube for that matter comes up with a solution to get rid of all the fake account/bots on the site ASAP, cuz as far as I know, this is just getting more and more common.

Keeping my silly fingers crossed :>
      Chipsflickan's YouTube Channel (I promise it's worth a look)
    • Chipsflickan wrote:

DevRoxToo wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

Thats the first thought that always comes to mind for me, too.Is the little children who look at the comment section 3:
      Well said guys.I really hope for the sake of this awesome community and for YouTube in general that Google or YouTube for that matter comes up with a solution to get rid of all the fake account/bots on the site ASAP, cuz as far as I know, this is just getting more and more common.

Keeping my silly fingers crossed :>
      I've been reporting every one that I've seen!
      :) Bleep Bloop Achievables. :)
      Heres my YouTube!: DevRoxToo
      And my tweeter: DevRoxToo
      :D
    • Hi bros, I think Felix has already addressed the exact same problem with the fake pewdiepie youtube accounts and comments in this video (at exactly 1:08 mark):

I do understand the frustration you bros have with seeing these multiple pewdiepie accounts that impersonate him by copying his contents (videos, links, channel art and icon), so just imagine how Felix have to deal all of these all by himself (frankly speaking, stolen views he could and should have monetized for himself). Unfortunately, even as concerned bros as we are, we can't do much about this situation as we cannot report this so-called "impersonation" ourselves because we don't legally represent Felix. (See picture below, achieved by going to the fake account's About tab and clicking the report flag.)

[Note: This issue could also be reported as SPAM AND SCAMS but requires a lot of paperwork (you should state the type of spam/scam, link video URLs, select multiple videos to report, state the time the spam/scam starts in the video, etc... in short it requires time and a lot of work, considering also the fact that your report might not also be taken seriously by YouTube itself.)]

So, for now, all we could just do like Felix said in the video is to help him out in the COMMENTS section, sadly in this "impersonation" aspect we could not be much of a help. Let's all hope YouTube will prioritize and eventually fix this issue not only because it's Pewdiepie's (the biggest youtuber's) problem but for the benefit of all youtubers, both veteran and emerging yt stars. Thanks for reading :brofist:
    • The way youtube is going at this moment in time (in my opinion), there will be more impersonation channels that aren't necessarily Pewdiepie. There will probably be some for Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Entoan etc. Like some of you have pointed out, this is a serious issue when it comes to profit and views. However, the copyright for each video posted by the "fakers" should be recognised with youtube's section about copyright. In one part of the section, it says this: it is possible to use a copyright-protected work without infringing the owner’s copyright. These channels have been appearing since the first known popular youtubers started to get recognition for their videos. However, there is the point where fair use comes into play, but that is mainly revolving around a "loophole" with copyright (such as Walt Disney using past works of literature, including Alice in Wonderland, to create the films we know and love today that are branded as DISNEY).

"If Pewdiepie has been giving permission to these fake accounts to upload these videos, then we've been making a big fuss over nothing."
      Also, since when do big youtubers grant permission to impersonators?! They don't. That's what youtube sees. "Oh, new video of a faked channel of Pewdiepie. That's fine. What's this, a new music video but it sounds like Hey Jude!? DELETE AND CLOSE ACCOUNT"
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • Tophat Guitarist wrote:

Also, since when do big youtubers grant permission to impersonators?! They don't. That's what youtube sees. "Oh, new video of a faked channel of Pewdiepie. That's fine. What's this, a new music video but it sounds like Hey Jude!? DELETE AND CLOSE ACCOUNT".
      Sad truth. YouTube's copyright and Content ID policies are messed up ||