What's the best compliment you've received?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• What's the best compliment you've received?

So what's the best/most memorable compliment someone's given you?
      It can be the little things people have said that have pushed you through hard times, reminding yourself of what you're truly worth and capable of beyond the screen of low self esteem/uncertainty.

For myself, it would be of my ability to draw. As superficial as it sounds, it helps me tell myself during the hard times during my design studies that I can do it and I should just fuck it.
    • When people thanked me for being here and giving them advices or such I guess. When you spend days, nights, talking to someone who got a shit tone of problems in their lives, when you try your best to give them the best advices you can think about, and when you learn that somehow you helped them passing through this shit period and they became "better" thanks to you, it's just heartwarming.
      Cool kids don't turn around when there is an explosion behind them.
      And if they're wearing glasses, it's even cooler.

• I am very insecure so I feel like all compliments I get are just people making fun of me which is kinda sad. But once I was singing for my friend and she started to cry and said it was because she thought it was beautiful and I mean of course you can fake tears too but you usually don't and I am extremely insecure about my singing voice so I'd say that was the best compliment I've ever received.
    • Lilooo00 wrote:

I am very insecure so I feel like all compliments I get are just people making fun of me which is kinda sad. But once I was singing for my friend and she started to cry and said it was because she thought it was beautiful and I mean of course you can fake tears too but you usually don't and I am extremely insecure about my singing voice so I'd say that was the best compliment I've ever received.
      i know the feeling, there are a lot of people who throw around sarcastic compliment although the best i can do is smile and pretend to appreciate it.
    • The best compliment I think I get is - "You worry too much." I know that sounds weird, but for someone with anxiety - it is a compliment and it lets me know that things are not as catastrophic as they seem in my head.

Also, "You're a caring person." Because honestly I feel like being a self-absorbed hermit most the time....but I'm glad I don't necessarily come off that way!
    • Well, being part of a big number of friends and family, being told that I've been "missed" because I was not able to be present at a party or an event is somewhat a huge compliment to me every time. Due to work and other priorities, being told that my absence at that time was somewhat felt even if just by one person makes me feel special and wanted. Not because I was there to be the center of everybody's attention but because my company that time was somewhat wanted and needed.

Also, since I have a youtube channel, gaining a new subscriber is always the best compliment for me. It certainly makes me feel that my videos are very appreciated; receiving complimentary comments are like the cherry on top! :thumbsup:
    • Not gonna lie, I sometimes hate getting compliments because I feel like the person saying it is laughing inside and thinking that I'm an idiot if I believe that person, especially small compliments such as "You look nice today" or "You're a good guitarist".

However, when I get to know someone and they say these types of comments, I feel glad. It could be a case of not knowing the person and believing that compliments are an attack on their part. idk
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • One time when I was 19 I worked in a grocery store.
      I was bent over stocking frozen foods.
      I felt a tap on my shoulder, turned around and saw a 50 something man looking down at me.
      He smiled and said, "They shouldn't have you stocking frozen food. Your a** is so hot you could melt them" and then he ran off.
      I was disgusted. I just stood confusing holding a pack of frozen chicken. Looking back it makes me laugh but bro...EW! xDDDD
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel