Traditional media vs YouTubers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Traditional media vs YouTubers

The video above looks at the way the media bashes YouTube and the typical click bait kinda articles. The section about PewDiePie is admittedly only a smaller part of the video, but still. It's more about the problem in general.

What do you guys think about the whole topic?

(and just as a general note: the game theory videos in general are worth a watch :P)
    • wait kim kardashian making duck lips is news but we are the disgraceful race that god himself frowns upon.

honestly the youtube community is a lot more relate able as opposed to the media which mainly insults people they see as below them, and as jimmy kimmel quoted i'm mainly fighting against a group of twelve year old boys makes me raise the question does nobody else see that as jimmy being immature and juvenile.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ulquiorra: i had more to say ().

• You know when the media is better than youtube when they actually make up news stories or exaggerated them. Someone finds the antidote for cancer? They'll get a week at most in the news. People being stupid and celebrities get years in the media as a whole. It's nothing to be proud of if you're famous for making a controversial video and it get's leaked in the mainstream that is society today.

YouTube, on the other hand, is where kids, adults and teens can watch videos that suit their interests. It's not a case of finding out who's immature in the comment sections (finding them is a little bonus so you can laugh at their stupidity to scam people), but it's not about watching the video itself. YouTube can be an escape for people who don't particularly have a great life at the moment.

To be fair, the media can be stretched to cover youtube as it is a site where you can spread information, but that's up for debate. You can relate to youtube more because it's got your taste of video, but we also need the media to get information about what's going on in the world sometimes.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • 64LeeRose wrote:

You know when the media is better than youtube when they actually make up news stories or exaggerated them. Someone finds the antidote for cancer? They'll get a week at most in the news. People being stupid and celebrities get years in the media as a whole. It's nothing to be proud of if you're famous for making a controversial video and it get's leaked in the mainstream that is society today.

YouTube, on the other hand, is where kids, adults and teens can watch videos that suit their interests. It's not a case of finding out who's immature in the comment sections (finding them is a little bonus so you can laugh at their stupidity to scam people), but it's not about watching the video itself. YouTube can be an escape for people who don't particularly have a great life at the moment.

To be fair, the media can be stretched to cover youtube as it is a site where you can spread information, but that's up for debate. You can relate to youtube more because it's got your taste of video, but we also need the media to get information about what's going on in the world sometimes.
      true although it is immature for like a 45 year old to pick a fight with a bunch of as he quoted 12 year old boys,
      and there are a lot of pathetic attempts to belittle all of us. but thats just a con of media influence i guess
    • I loved the video and i really wanted to discuss it.

Well i am honestly getting sick of the traditional media, cause for so many years it has been the source of one GIGANTIC manipulation over the people. I mean when you look at the stuff that comes around on TV and then observe the society they are very tightly connected , and rarely in a good way. I mean TV is slowly dying , cuz less and less young people watch it, and over time that number will only grow.

As for them not taking youtube seriously and manipulating the younger youtube users to promote their shit, honestly there's rly no harm, cuz without tv all the things we hate about it will just switch over to the place we all love, Youtube.And i don't want that stuff flooding my favorite website.

So as long as there's TV and as long as they don't take us seriously, we are safe XD
    • People can get away with being bullies within forums, comment sections etc. on the internet by enforcing their opinions and then "defending" themselves with silly comments and rude gestures in general.

To be honest, the media shouldn't be about influencing people to be violent - both in real life and online - as the risk of causing someone to start feeling worthless about themselves becomes higher. In the end, it doesn't even matter if the other person talks shit about your favourite youtuber or someone you like, As long as you don't respond to them and ignore their attempts to get a response, the better off you'll be. Trolls aren't usually nice people, tbh.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.