Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch! [outdated]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch! [outdated]

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is launching 10/23/2015!
      Guild Wars 2 for new Players
      Guild Wars 2 is without doubt one of the MMOs with the friendliest communities ever and it has been free-to-play since 09/01/2015. Arena.net has been working a lot during the last few months to get old inactive players aswell as new players into the game by creating attractive content for new players. Currently you can create a free-to-play account, that is restricted in some ways of the game, but mostly just to prevent massive manipulation of the ingame-economy by existing players creating farming accounts. The free-to-play account still offers all key features of the game like:
      • living world events (dynamic, interactive gaming experience. Your choices and actions have a real effect on the world around you)
      • personalized story line (to be honest, the personal story is pretty boring compared to the lore of the whole Guild Wars Universe)
      • character customization (choose out of 5 races and 8 professions what you want to be)
      • PvP (you can start playing PvP, no matter you are experienced or not, start to fight others with everything unlocked in the PvP Lobby - gear doesn't matter, personal skill does!)
      • WvW (compete with other servers in epic fights for camps, towers and keeps - experience large fights up to hundreds of People fighting each other on large battle ground)
      • World Boss events (you will Encounter massive fps Problems due to the high Player number)
      I'd definitely recommend each and everyone of you to try out GW2 if you have 25GB free on your harddrive and are looking for a good MMO, since it is free-to-play and without subscription-fees. In case you decide to buy the full Version of the game it's "pay once, play until Arena.net servers are down and the company goes bankrupt."

Create your free account now: ArenaNet

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Content
      Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is the first expansion coming to the game and will be launching on 10/23/2015. The Setting of Heart of Thorns will be connecting to the recent events of the Living World Story Season 2. So if you unlocked the Living World Season 2 chapters but however haven't played them by now, definitely do it before considering to play the Heart of Thorns Story.
      If you happen to not have the Living World Season 2 Chapters unlocked, there will be a NPC in the Heart of Thorns starting area that will explain everything what happened that you need to know (I can confirm this, because of gamescom gameplay preview and the two Beta-Weekend-Events).
      What will be coming to the game on 10/23/2015:
      • Mastery System (HANG GLIDING!! Precursorcrafting etc.)
      • 4 new maps (These are 4 maps incredibly dens in content because of multiple levels in height)
      • Elite Specializations (new usable weaponclasses and new skills for each of the professions)
      • the 9th Profession and 3rd heavy armor class: the Revenant
      • Guild Halls (instances that the guilds can customize, upgrade and hold activities in)
      • new PvP gamemode (Stronghold)
      • new WvW map
      • new challenging Content (10-man raids, new Fractals)
      • legendary backpieces and legendary armor that can be aquired by finishing the 10-man raids
      • new set of legendary weapons
      For more details check the official Guild Wars 2: Guild Wars 2

Please leave replies and hope to see you ingame.

Legendary Fractal Wings

The post was edited 3 times, last by haiClass ().

• Ectre wrote:

Disregard all that and join <Bush Inspectors>.
      That way people won't make fun of you.
      Also, we're better.
      I never heard of a guild named Bush Inspectors, not saying that I know all the guilds in the game, but I'm sure it is a great achievement to be better than a guild with one active member, plus it is not about being better than anyone else. I did not stated: "Hey join Broarmy we the best dudes around", what I wanted to say is: "GW2 is free-to-play, try it out, join the guild if you want to play with us." However if you are looking for a elitist guild try getting into Attuned[att] or Death and Taxes[DnT] MLG grandmaster Dano.

Ectre wrote:

Yeah I'm still there, just not representing
      You haven't been playing for 5 months, 3 weeks and 1 day, I doubt that you are still "there".

Mystery wrote:

Got GW2 for my bday a year ago

played it for 15 minutes

didn't get the point of the game

gg/hl3 would be lost again.

I'd rather play some other games than MMO's never really got the appeal of them.
      Well ok if you don't like MMOs in general that's ok, but I hope that you haven't decided that it's a game not worth playing (free-to-play) after spending 15 minutes of your precious time to dive deep into every single piece of game content and experienced the challenging endgame content.
      The first time I played GW2 was boring as hell, after i bought it, because, mKeRix wouldn't stop to tell me to, but 3 days after I deleted me first character and started creating a new one, I currently have 4 Level 80 characters and still a lot of things to do.

The post was edited 1 time, last by haiClass ().

• haiClass wrote:

Well ok if you don't like MMOs in general that's ok, but I hope that you haven't decided that it's a game not worth playing (free-tp-play) after spending 15 minutes of your precious time to dive deep into every single piece of game content and experienced the challenging endgame content.
      I actually bought it too, not feeling like checking it out again. I'm not a fan of MMO, not my genre. Might have more content, but I cba to reinstall because it took me 6 hours to get it running.