Do you have a Favorite Indie release? (recent)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Do you have a Favorite Indie release? (recent)

I feel like right now is the PERFECT time to be a gamer since we are here on the verge of the indie game market coming to life. I really like how YouTubers like Felix play Indie games and how this benefits the developers and helps them get recognition.

I personally really like the Japanese RPGmaker games like Misao, Mad Father & Blank Dream. An American made one called Stray Cat Crossing was just released on Steam for cheap and it follows the same style as the Japanese games. I played it on my channel and I see Felix has a private playlist for it so it won't be long before way more people know about it through him! That's so exciting!

Is there an indie game that you think deserves a little more love and why?
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • cheesefund wrote:

A fave indie game of mines is one i played at EGX Rezzed called De Mambo... It's made by a lovely group of ex-animation students / game devs and it's so fun to play with friends!
      It's like Smash Bro's crossed with Brick Breaker

De Mambo - A fast paced, single-screen action platformer by The Dangerous Kitchen — Kickstarter
      Thank you! I have never heard of them and now I will have to check them out. I googled their website and I like the art style. Good pixels mean so much to me in a game like this. Love love it.
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • My favourite recent indie game I've played was 'Wanderment'. You play as a blind kitten who 'sees' the world in shiny colourful particles as he runs and jumps. It's only a short game and the goal was to get home and play with your kitten friend, but it was really sweet and so beautiful. It's available on Game Jolt for anyone interested. :)
    • MissFushi wrote:

I feel like right now is the PERFECT time to be a gamer since we are here on the verge of the indie game market coming to life. I really like how YouTubers like Felix play Indie games and how this benefits the developers and helps them get recognition.

I personally really like the Japanese RPGmaker games like Misao, Mad Father & Blank Dream. An American made one called Stray Cat Crossing was just released on Steam for cheap and it follows the same style as the Japanese games. I played it on my channel and I see Felix has a private playlist for it so it won't be long before way more people know about it through him! That's so exciting!

Is there an indie game that you think deserves a little more love and why?
      I like rpg maker games too... but one game I really liked on steam this year that came out of nowhere was Citizens of Earth
      It was a very humorous rpg that reminded me of old school rpg games like earthbound.
      So Citizens of Earth gets my vote...
    • My favorite indie games would have to be:
      Super Meat Boy
      The Binding of Isaac (Bought first game for 0.5 euro and spent 500 hours+ in it)
      Rogue Legacy
      Don't starve

There's probably a bunch more, even though the games you mentioned so far seem to be more story-driven-games.
      The indie games I mentioned as more about the actual gameplay. Not saying I don't love story-driven games though.
      I think all of those mentioned are good :D. To add to the list of "RPGmaker"-games I'd say Alice Mare was pretty good :D
      Yes when I was born 23 years ago my parents named me Felix in the hopes of being able to "copy" Pewdiepie later in life.
    • GamingFelix wrote:

My favorite indie games would have to be:
      Super Meat Boy
      The Binding of Isaac (Bought first game for 0.5 euro and spent 500 hours+ in it)
      Rogue Legacy
      Don't starve

There's probably a bunch more, even though the games you mentioned so far seem to be more story-driven-games.
      The indie games I mentioned as more about the actual gameplay. Not saying I don't love story-driven games though.
      I think all of those mentioned are good :D. To add to the list of "RPGmaker"-games I'd say Alice Mare was pretty good :D
      All of these are aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome games
    • Toridori wrote:

GamingFelix wrote:

I've clocked up over 300, but dayuuum! 500+? I'm impressed! :D
      Yeah the first game takes so little space and was one of the few games I could play without internet when I lived at home xD.
      Rebirth is really good too though. I recommend them :D
      I kinda got too many games nowadays so don't really have time to play it :)
      Yes when I was born 23 years ago my parents named me Felix in the hopes of being able to "copy" Pewdiepie later in life.
    • GamingFelix wrote:

Toridori wrote:

GamingFelix wrote:

I've clocked up over 300, but dayuuum! 500+? I'm impressed! :D
      Yeah the first game takes so little space and was one of the few games I could play without internet when I lived at home xD.Rebirth is really good too though. I recommend them :D
      I kinda got too many games nowadays so don't really have time to play it :)
      It's funny, when we were younger it was, "I have no games to play!"
      Now we're older it's, "I have TOO MANY games to play!" :D
    • Toridori wrote:

My favourite recent indie game I've played was 'Wanderment'. You play as a blind kitten who 'sees' the world in shiny colourful particles as he runs and jumps. It's only a short game and the goal was to get home and play with your kitten friend, but it was really sweet and so beautiful. It's available on Game Jolt for anyone interested. :)
      Omg! I know Andy who made that game!! It was SO fantastical!
      Have you tried his other games? The toaster one was really fun too~
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • MissFushi wrote:

Toridori wrote:

My favourite recent indie game I've played was 'Wanderment'. You play as a blind kitten who 'sees' the world in shiny colourful particles as he runs and jumps. It's only a short game and the goal was to get home and play with your kitten friend, but it was really sweet and so beautiful. It's available on Game Jolt for anyone interested. :)
      Omg! I know Andy who made that game!! It was SO fantastical!Have you tried his other games? The toaster one was really fun too~
      I've played the mobile one and watched a friend play the toaster game, they're so random but so much fun! :D
    • Duke wrote:

GamingFelix wrote:

Duke wrote:

A recent fav indie game is "Going Nowhere" , it has a nice vibe to it, and it's really nice to chill to.
      I played it. But I got stuck xD
      well XD kinda approves the name, you are "Going Nowhere" lol
      Haha that's true xD just got very frustarted with it
    • GamingFelix wrote:

My favorite indie games would have to be:
      Super Meat Boy
      Rogue Legacy
      Don't starve

DAMN this looks like a great collection I definitely need to check these ones out as I've only heard good things of them all.
      Going Nowhere is really something I've been pumped to give a try as well, but as others have said, I'm probably gonna end up getting stuck as well xD
      Chipsflickan's YouTube Channel (I promise it's worth a look)