Do you think that being further back in the Shoutout Comp gives you a smaller chance of winning?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Do you think that being further back in the Shoutout Comp gives you a smaller chance of winning?

So a LOT of people are very far back in the pages of the shoutout competition, including me. So do you think that being further back gives you a smaller chance of winning? After a small amount of research (which may of course be purely coincidental) I discovered that about half of the people that won the last shoutout competition were within the first 10 pages, which made it seem like they have a bigger chance. What do you think? :D :brofist:

Hey there! I'm Alex, otherwise known as Slex. You can watch my videos here: Slex
      - YouTube they're pretty fucking awesome and all that :brofist:
    • It could just be a coincidence that all of the interesting channels (in Pewd's mind) were all from the earlier pages. It takes a lot of time to look through the entries and to take note of the ones that are interesting. Then it's a case of choosing the ones to be in a vid.

Tbh, if Pewds only looked through a few pages and chose them, then it's a bit of a bad move as there have been some great entries on all the pages.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • I'm going to check out your vid BROHAN. But, it's weird guys. I have watched hundreds of entries and the main few that stuck with me most and I thought should win were all on the first five pages. There were three videos on the first five pages I thought were really good. So idk maybe some people who are on their A-game happen to be online more and end up posting quickly idk. Interesting though.
    • Well, I personally like to think that Pewds (Felix) would check out most if not all of them. You have to keep in mind a LOT of entries will be deleted for failing to meet the requirements. There are so many good content creators, and I can understand that you want to win (Let's be honest... Who doesn't!). Let's just keep it positive :3, positive thinking helps a lot too!
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • Well, Felix did say to give him 1-2 weeks of time for him (and his helpers if there are any) to go through all the submissions. That should be enough time to watch everyone's submission, decide who deserves the spotlight and make the result video. Everyone is given a chance here, so stay positive and hope for the best! :D
    • I hope that's not the case...
      I took the week to look through my videos to find clips to edit together to show off what I do...
      Been doing youtube for 3 years so it was hard to decide what to do with it all...

Not feeling good about my chances though...
      My audio was subpar cause I had to edit it on my phone cause my tv was broken...
    • Hail Kira wrote:

I hope that's not the case...
      I took the week to look through my videos to find clips to edit together to show off what I do...
      Been doing youtube for 3 years so it was hard to decide what to do with it all...

My audio was subpar cause I had to edit it on my phone cause my tv was broken...
      Never give up hope! Jacksepticeye didn't have the best cam, didn't have the best specs on his pc, but he won. You know why? Because, if you really work hard for it, and love what you do, and have fun with it. Don't give up hope!
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • jjustgreg wrote:

Hail Kira wrote:

I hope that's not the case...

Never give up hope! Jacksepticeye didn't have the best cam, didn't have the best specs on his pc, but he won. You know why? Because, if you really work hard for it, and love what you do, and have fun with it. Don't give up hope!
      thank you... I appreciate that.
      Have a great day jjustgreg :)
    • I would think that Felix would first have his mods weed out all entries that don't meet the requirement or are of quality, and then give him the choice from there. I feel like Felix is a good man so I bet he'd give everyone a fair shot. He's made good choices in the past (especially with Jack!) so I have my fingers crossed for this year!
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • No, considering there is roughly 2300 posts I noticed many people did not follow the template and rule regarding the spoiler tag. Numerous videos and channel were not about gaming, for which I assume are the channels hes looking at. Overall a sizable chunk are going to be deleted off increasing chances. its also going to depend on wether or not he deems the channel worthy of being presented to his bros.
    • Mystery wrote:

Felix will check all the submissions by himself. We have no clue how he will chose the winners, but it will be really random. He is all on it; the mod team has no influence on his choosing.
      This is good to hear... Kinda feel sorry for him going throooough all those submissions but thanks for dah info.

Rest in Pepperoni's after this is done Pewds xD
    • cheesefund wrote:

Mystery wrote:

Felix will check all the submissions by himself. We have no clue how he will chose the winners, but it will be really random. He is all on it; the mod team has no influence on his choosing.
      This is good to hear... Kinda feel sorry for him going throooough all those submissions but thanks for dah info.
      The Mods will only take care of the duplicate posters, the rule breakers and cheaters. If your post was 100% by the rules it will be seen.
    • cheesefund wrote:

Mystery wrote:

I have never heard Rest in Pepperoni's before. That is adorable. Thank you.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel