Do you think that being further back in the Shoutout Comp gives you a smaller chance of winning?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Toridori wrote:

Do you guys think that the posts without spoiler tags will be ignored then? That would be a massive chunk of people out already! I didn't know how to do spoiler tags and kept messing it up, but I eventually got it right - thank goodness I persevered if this is the case!

Pewdiepie wrote:

Put your video's in [spoiler ] tags, so the page loads faster.
      One post per submission. Multiple submissions will be deleted. Please use this thread only to post submissions.

If you post more than one submission your posts will be deleted and you will be disqualified for the shoutout contest.

Your submission still needs to follow the forum's guidelines. Mature content will be deleted.

If your channel doesn't follow the main
      three rules as above, including the 500 subs count, your post will be
      deleted. No exceptions. It is a must to follow all three rules. If you do not have any of these three main lines, your submission will be deleted.

That basically means, if you did not follow ALL the rules including the 500 subs thing, your submission is basically out.
      I can understand, because a lot of people didn't even read the rules and just posted their stuff on there. Maybe there might be some exemptions to the rule, but I can't say, because I am not the one who will be watching all the entries.

But even the posts where people forgot, or didn't know how to make a spoiler, would probably also be weeded out. I'm glad that you did succeed in putting the spoiler tag in it, otherwise it would've been really be nasty :/ But I hope this answers your question
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • jjustgreg wrote:

Toridori wrote:

Do you guys think that the posts without spoiler tags will be ignored then? That would be a massive chunk of people out already! I didn't know how to do spoiler tags and kept messing it up, but I eventually got it right - thank goodness I persevered if this is the case!

Pewdiepie wrote:

One post per submission. Multiple submissions will be deleted. Please use this thread only to post submissions.

If you post more than one submission your posts will be deleted and you will be disqualified for the shoutout contest.

Your submission still needs to follow the forum's guidelines. Mature content will be deleted.

deleted. No exceptions. It is a must to follow all three rules. If you do not have any of these three main lines, your submission will be deleted.
      That basically means, if you did not follow ALL the rules including the 500 subs thing, your submission is basically out.
      I can understand, because a lot of people didn't even read the rules and just posted their stuff on there. Maybe there might be some exemptions to the rule, but I can't say, because I am not the one who will be watching all the entries.

But even the posts where people forgot, or didn't know how to make a spoiler, would probably also be weeded out. I'm glad that you did succeed in putting the spoiler tag in it, otherwise it would've been really be nasty :/ But I hope this answers your question
      Thank you for replying! Maybe it was purposely written like that then. Technically it wasn't a numbered rule, but it was very big text and in red like the requirements, so hard to miss unless those people didn't bother reading, know what I mean? Poor Pewds.. I tried looking at a page and could barely load it due to lack of tags - think only 2 people out of 20 used them on one of the pages! D:
    • Toridori wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

Toridori wrote:

Pewdiepie wrote:

That basically means, if you did not follow ALL the rules including the 500 subs thing, your submission is basically out.I can understand, because a lot of people didn't even read the rules and just posted their stuff on there. Maybe there might be some exemptions to the rule, but I can't say, because I am not the one who will be watching all the entries.

Thank you for replying! Maybe it was purposely written like that then. Technically it wasn't a numbered rule, but it was very big text and in red like the requirements, so hard to miss unless those people didn't bother reading, know what I mean? Poor Pewds.. I tried looking at a page and could barely load it due to lack of tags - think only 2 people out of 20 used them on one of the pages! D:
      Yeah poor guy will have a tough time getting through em xD
    • I hope not, I would have been on the first few pages but I had to wait a few days to hit 500 because I was at 493 when he announced it. I hope me being that close to 500 doesn't effect his choice. Also do you guys think he will visit people's channels in order to see more of them? I made a montage but I couldn't get a lot of my old videos due to them being on an older computer T_T oh well thanks for the input thus far!
    • Hadexicon wrote:

I hope not, I would have been on the first few pages but I had to wait a few days to hit 500 because I was at 493 when he announced it. I hope me being that close to 500 doesn't effect his choice. Also do you guys think he will visit people's channels in order to see more of them? I made a montage but I couldn't get a lot of my old videos due to them being on an older computer T_T oh well thanks for the input thus far!
      I think if he chooses some of his favourite videos first, he might then go to their channels to see what other videos they have and clean up the list. But I could be totally wrong! He might just judge on the videos posted in the contest.

I know how you feel, I wish I could have used more footage, but a lot of my old stuff is TERRIBLE audio quality and it has drastically changed in a short space of a few months. :P
    • Toridori wrote:

Hadexicon wrote:

I hope not, I would have been on the first few pages but I had to wait a few days to hit 500 because I was at 493 when he announced it. I hope me being that close to 500 doesn't effect his choice. Also do you guys think he will visit people's channels in order to see more of them? I made a montage but I couldn't get a lot of my old videos due to them being on an older computer T_T oh well thanks for the input thus far!
      I think if he chooses some of his favourite videos first, he might then go to their channels to see what other videos they have and clean up the list. But I could be totally wrong! He might just judge on the videos posted in the contest.
      I know how you feel, I wish I could have used more footage, but a lot of my old stuff is TERRIBLE audio quality and it has drastically changed in a short space of a few months. :P
      I'm certain he will pick a list of maybe 30 channels and then go through them and see a few other videos to determine who wins. He said in his video that this is a small thing for him but can potentially change a life of a youtuber (I got 20 subs from having one top comment on one of his videos so it would literally change my life) so I'm sure that he will try his best to pick the best channels!
    • Has anyone else seen a boost in subscribers since posting their entry in the thread? I am on page 116 and the thread stopped at 117. I gained 26 subscribers today so far and am now sitting at 999 subs. I really think some of them came from people looking to see the last few entries and spying mine and coming to my channel. I could be 100% wrong about this but it's so coicidental since I entered RIGHT before the deadline. Anyone else experience this? 8|
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • MissFushi wrote:

Has anyone else seen a boost in subscribers since posting their entry in the thread? I am on page 116 and the thread stopped at 117. I gained 26 subscribers today so far and am now sitting at 999 subs. I really think some of them came from people looking to see the last few entries and spying mine and coming to my channel. I could be 100% wrong about this but it's so coicidental since I entered RIGHT before the deadline. Anyone else experience this? 8|
      There are people stuck in the middle, just think about it. People check the first 10 and the last 10!

The post was edited 1 time, last by jjustgreg ().

• Aw jjustgreg, I'm so sorry. Haha. You're right. I was trying to finish my montage I'd been working on all week so I didn't get it in till 1am EST US~ I thought that was a bad thing but I guess it actually helped me somewhat.
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • could be true

jjustgreg wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

Has anyone else seen a boost in subscribers since posting their entry in the thread? I am on page 116 and the thread stopped at 117. I gained 26 subscribers today so far and am now sitting at 999 subs. I really think some of them came from people looking to see the last few entries and spying mine and coming to my channel. I could be 100% wrong about this but it's so coicidental since I entered RIGHT before the deadline. Anyone else experience this? 8|
      Nope, you know why? BECAUSE I"M STUCK IN THE MIDDLE!!! *Angry fist waving* !I'm on page 43 xD. People will watch the first 10 pages, and the last 10 pages. But the people in the middle... R.I.P. *Hmm what you saay, that you only meant well... Ofcourse you did*
      not sure I'm on page 117 and I havnt gone up in subs, but maybe I suck
    • MissFushi wrote:

I had a tiny wee boost recently yeah... Quite nice haha... guess everyone is going through looking at the submissions now... My application video deffo got a big boost atleast :D. So scary hehe
    • I didn't submit, but I'm sure that they'd look through all the submissions.
      The reason there may have been a lot of winners on the first 10 pages or so is because they're more active than the others,
      thats just a guess though.

Theres a lot of talent and Im sure Pewds wouldnt be lazy about picking who to shout out to!
      :) Bleep Bloop Achievables. :)
      Heres my YouTube!: DevRoxToo
      And my tweeter: DevRoxToo
      :D
    • cheesefund wrote:

Unfortunatly it's just one winner... Such a shame because theres so many excellent applications!

Theres another thread going right now where people are discussing there fave applications :D

Pewdiepie wrote:

Thread locked. Not taking any more submissions. All submissions will be checked. The winners will be announced in the video.
      Winners means multiple. So, I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than one. My best guess would be around 10 winners like the last time, plus it gives everyone a bit more hope knowing there might be 10 winners.
    • If he picks one winner then I am not quite as confident. I am newer so I feel discouraged. Well, I hope

jjustgreg wrote:

cheesefund wrote:

Unfortunatly it's just one winner... Such a shame because theres so many excellent applications!

Theres another thread going right now where people are discussing there fave applications :D

Pewdiepie wrote:

Thread locked. Not taking any more submissions. All submissions will be checked. The winners will be announced in the video.
      Winners means multiple. So, I'm pretty sure it's going to be more than one. My best guess would be around 10 winners like the last time, plus it gives everyone a bit more hope knowing there might be 10 winners.
      OMgggggggggggggg you just made me SO happy!!! I got so nervous and sad for a moment!!
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel