Shoutout competition issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• IamPetard wrote:

The thought of winning crosses my mind every other day now but I think its best to try to forget about it and then either be incredibly surprised or be meh once the announcement comes. I keep returning to the forum for possible announcement rumors though so my attempts at forgetting about it are miserable!
    I didn't even apply for the shoutout competition and I feel the same way xD
    I can't way to see who wins I'm really excited!
    :) Bleep Bloop Achievables. :)
    Heres my YouTube!: DevRoxToo
    And my tweeter: DevRoxToo
    :D
  • UPDATE: People are saying the winners will be picked once Pewds reaches 40 million subscribers which makes sense since the contests are usually to celebrate milestones. He's now at nearly 39,900,000 subs so if this is the case, it'll be very soon. This could be true, let's wait and see :)
  • nb1299 wrote:

UPDATE: People are saying the winners will be picked once Pewds reaches 40 million subscribers which makes sense since the contests are usually to celebrate milestones. He's now at nearly 39,900,000 subs so if this is the case, it'll be very soon. This could be true, let's wait and see :)
    Well, it did say he would announce the winners after 2-3 weeks (after the sign in ended). Then people started rumours that he would post it when the game came out. And now when he reaches 40 million? I personally think it would be best if we just simply forget about it. Don't have any expectations, so when the video does come, and you do win, it's super exciting, but it's also better when we dont win. try not to think too much about it, that's what I'm doing, and I'm just concentrating on making my content better. :P anyways, goodluck to everyone once again!

p.s. Don't get discouraged though, think about it like this. The longer it takes for the video to come online, the bigger the chances are he watched the submissions carefully and didn't rush into it. Always think positive!
    Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
  • jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

UPDATE: People are saying the winners will be picked once Pewds reaches 40 million subscribers which makes sense since the contests are usually to celebrate milestones. He's now at nearly 39,900,000 subs so if this is the case, it'll be very soon. This could be true, let's wait and see :)
    Well, it did say he would announce the winners after 2-3 weeks (after the sign in ended). Then people started rumours that he would post it when the game came out. And now when he reaches 40 million? I personally think it would be best if we just simply forget about it. Don't have any expectations, so when the video does come, and you do win, it's super exciting, but it's also better when we dont win. try not to think too much about it, that's what I'm doing, and I'm just concentrating on making my content better. :P anyways, goodluck to everyone once again!
    p.s. Don't get discouraged though, think about it like this. The longer it takes for the video to come online, the bigger the chances are he watched the submissions carefully and didn't rush into it. Always think positive!
    Good way of thinking about it! I'm just personally excited about seeing the winners because I'd like to see them grow into amazing channels like MessYourself and jacksepticeye. I don't have a chance in hell XD Just waiting to see who has deserved the ultimate shout out!
  • nb1299 wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

Well, it did say he would announce the winners after 2-3 weeks (after the sign in ended). Then people started rumours that he would post it when the game came out. And now when he reaches 40 million? I personally think it would be best if we just simply forget about it. Don't have any expectations, so when the video does come, and you do win, it's super exciting, but it's also better when we dont win. try not to think too much about it, that's what I'm doing, and I'm just concentrating on making my content better. :P anyways, goodluck to everyone once again!p.s. Don't get discouraged though, think about it like this. The longer it takes for the video to come online, the bigger the chances are he watched the submissions carefully and didn't rush into it. Always think positive!
    Good way of thinking about it! I'm just personally excited about seeing the winners because I'd like to see them grow into amazing channels like MessYourself and jacksepticeye. I don't have a chance in hell XD Just waiting to see who has deserved the ultimate shout out!
    Interesting Story: When Markiplier had about 100 subs 3 years ago, he joined the site and started a thread about his channel (back then self-advertising rules werent so strict). Cool, huh? So yeah, don't lose hope, you might just be the next Markiplier!
    Yes, I'm a dog. And I type.
    It's not that impressive when you see it in real life.
  • Horta Woof wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

Well, it did say he would announce the winners after 2-3 weeks (after the sign in ended). Then people started rumours that he would post it when the game came out. And now when he reaches 40 million? I personally think it would be best if we just simply forget about it. Don't have any expectations, so when the video does come, and you do win, it's super exciting, but it's also better when we dont win. try not to think too much about it, that's what I'm doing, and I'm just concentrating on making my content better. :P anyways, goodluck to everyone once again!p.s. Don't get discouraged though, think about it like this. The longer it takes for the video to come online, the bigger the chances are he watched the submissions carefully and didn't rush into it. Always think positive!
    Interesting Story: When Markiplier had about 100 subs 3 years ago, he joined the site and started a thread about his channel (back then self-advertising rules werent so strict). Cool, huh? So yeah, don't lose hope, you might just be the next Markiplier!
    I remember seeing a bunch of stuff about Markiplier back in the day. Some of it kinda lame and others really cool. Even if you never become the next Markiplier always keep having fun making content. Cause if you're not, why're you doing it?
  • Pewds just announced on Sunday that his book tour is finally over, and from I can see he's back to two videos a day. I'm sure he's almost back on track and will get to announcing the winners soon. I see lots of comments and tweets asking him about it almost daily. It's crazy to see how many people "NEED" to know who the winners are.

I know when I had the chance to do a small collab with Pewdiepie we talked for a bit before the game started about how he hates when people are waiting on him for anything and it makes him just want to hustle to get something done. So I don't think he forgot about the competition and we'll see something soon. Or before the end of the year....
  • AndrewHere wrote:

As long as the forum post is still up, i believe it will happen :D
    Good to see I'm no the only one who's been wondering about this!

I'm more than happy for him to take as long as he needs to go through all the submissions, there were a TON. An update would be lovely though!

I personally haven't minded the time in between. I worked so hard making a video for it because I didn't previously have a montage that showed my work efficiently - this gave me time to relax and forget about it a bit so I didn't get my hopes too high :D
  • If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well. I don't get why so many people are so super obsessed xD.
    Ofcourse, we all want to win, but in the meanwhile, we should focus on our channels. And like I've stated millions of times before, to others. Why not collab? People have said "Great idea! Collab!" And when I ask them to collab, they all ignore me. Like, that's just dickish.

Pretending to be nice and such on the forum, but when asked to collab (Which they stated they wanted on forums) Ignore you in private.

Woaw. That changed direction very fast. LOL, sorry about that.
    Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
  • way too many people are being self-absorbed about the contest. sure, the main reason most people entered was for the possibility of exposure but i really want to see the top 10 or so channels because there have to be some good ones among the 2300+ entries. i hope the winners are pretty varied this time though, like i feel like jacksepticeye does the exact same thing and plays the exact same games as felix.
    A video every day!
    Road to 9 Billion subscribers!

Click here for my channel!
  • Well see here's the thing, see I play GameJolt games and some Triple-A/Steam titles, but the point I'm making is that when you're a gaming commentator it's very hard to be original sometimes. When a popular game, like Until Dawn, came out you can only imagine that everyone wanted Jack/Felix/Mark/etc to play it because they knew it was going to be an amazing game. When stuff like that happens it's very hard to seem original, but games in general always seem to vary per player. You basically are just choosing the personality you want to play that game.

In the end, I don't think anyone's playing the same games as anyone because they can, I like to believe they play those games because that's what their fans want them to play. What better way to show your love for them by giving them what they want? I just feel sometimes it's inevitable to find the rude (not saying you) people who are like "Oh THIS game, way to copy Markiplier Jack, he's already playing Undertale!" (Perfect Example).

Also, I do hope whoever gets picked doesn't let the exposure go to their heads and forget why they made the channel in the first place...unless it was for profit, then I can't really tell them anything. Just always be yourself whether you win or lose! We all tried, that's all that matters, don't let this ruin your mood for making content and being awesome!

*Big Hugs*
    Cory
    Please keep smiling and have a wonderful day!
    :brofist: *Big Hugs and Bro Fist!* :brofist:
    Cory of DontWatchMePlay
  • DontWatchMePlay wrote:

Well see here's the thing, see I play GameJolt games and some Triple-A/Steam titles, but the point I'm making is that when you're a gaming commentator it's very hard to be original sometimes. When a popular game, like Until Dawn, came out you can only imagine that everyone wanted Jack/Felix/Mark/etc to play it because they knew it was going to be an amazing game. When stuff like that happens it's very hard to seem original, but games in general always seem to vary per player. You basically are just choosing the personality you want to play that game.

In the end, I don't think anyone's playing the same games as anyone because they can, I like to believe they play those games because that's what their fans want them to play. What better way to show your love for them by giving them what they want? I just feel sometimes it's inevitable to find the rude (not saying you) people who are like "Oh THIS game, way to copy Markiplier Jack, he's already playing Undertale!" (Perfect Example).

Also, I do hope whoever gets picked doesn't let the exposure go to their heads and forget why they made the channel in the first place...unless it was for profit, then I can't really tell them anything. Just always be yourself whether you win or lose! We all tried, that's all that matters, don't let this ruin your mood for making content and being awesome!

*Big Hugs*
    Cory
    Couldn't agree with you more man, I myself watch all of the top dogs like Mark, Pewds and Jack and I would sometimes watch all three of them play the same game at the same time purely for a variation in their commentary styles. My argument against people who say that let's plays are unoriginal and all the same would be that people don't always necessarily watch a let's player for the game that they are playing but rather the different and unique personality they add to it. I've been watching pewdiepie and mark for years now and they are the main inspiration for me to of started my own YT channel in the first place. I suppose an important thing to know for starting YouTube is just to be yourself and add your own personal touch to your videos. You don't always have to be original so long as you're having fun with it. :) I do wish the very best to those who do get picked and yeah, It's important to keep yourself grounded if you do end up winning it. It would be very very easy to let that massive increase in subs go to your head :P But I have no doubt that it's an awesome positive thing that he's doing and I look forward to seeing the winners! :D By the way, does anyone know when said winners will be announced? He has been pretty damn busy lately so I can understand that he had to put this on hold for a while in light of the game/book tours etc. But just curious :)
  • jjustgreg wrote:

If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well. I don't get why so many people are so super obsessed xD.
    Ofcourse, we all want to win, but in the meanwhile, we should focus on our channels. And like I've stated millions of times before, to others. Why not collab? People have said "Great idea! Collab!" And when I ask them to collab, they all ignore me. Like, that's just dickish.

Pretending to be nice and such on the forum, but when asked to collab (Which they stated they wanted on forums) Ignore you in private.

Woaw. That changed direction very fast. LOL, sorry about that.
    Exactly. Everyone acts as if they want to collab but in the end they don't want to.. And love your channel, you're funny :D
  • DontWatchMePlay wrote:

Well see here's the thing, see I play GameJolt games and some Triple-A/Steam titles, but the point I'm making is that when you're a gaming commentator it's very hard to be original sometimes. When a popular game, like Until Dawn, came out you can only imagine that everyone wanted Jack/Felix/Mark/etc to play it because they knew it was going to be an amazing game. When stuff like that happens it's very hard to seem original, but games in general always seem to vary per player. You basically are just choosing the personality you want to play that game.

*Big Hugs*
    Cory
    i mean of course when a highly anticipated game comes out everyone's going to play it as soon as they can. and sure, you shouldn't refuse to play a game if it's requested enough, but i feel like almost nobody makes an effort to dig really deep to find obscure crazy/neat games that people never even knew they wanted to see, they'd rather put up their 153rd episode of happy wheels or FNAF. those games are fine but i really like the weird gems like that gas pumping game a while ago.

anyway, all i really mean is that i'm excited to see who the winners are but i hope they arent just more people playing the same trending games as everyone else and that they have something new to bring. especially if they have unique non-game videos since youtube highschool and five weird stuff online is some of the best stuff on his channel, i think.
    A video every day!
    Road to 9 Billion subscribers!

Click here for my channel!