Shoutout competition issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Just noticed that this thread existed and figured throw in my two cents.

First off, that's a hell of a hate comment MissFushi, sheesh talk about vicious people on the internet sometimes.

Next, when I originally heard of the Shoutout Comp I got so excited I was waiting anxiously to get home from work just to post on the thread and cross my fingers. I even made a video (like a few others I've seen because I was curious of their channels) and did some news about my new job, some fan mail and the Shoutout Comp. I don't even think the +1's help at all, I don't honestly even know what I was thinking, I may have harmed myself more than helped if anything, but we all make mistakes especially when we're scared/excited.

Lastly, I don't think the -1's are going to effect anything at all in the end. I feel that Felix will be entirely fair and has been relaxing in his down time watching each and every video just to take a deep look at everyone's channel to see which ones he enjoys and thinks deserves attention. Whoever wins, whoever loses, just keep making your awesome content no matter what because this isn't the end of the world, it's just a potential boost to finally come out of the shadows of Youtube!

Good luck everyone, keep smiling and have a wonderful weekend.
    *Big Hugs*
    Cory
    Please keep smiling and have a wonderful day!
    :brofist: *Big Hugs and Bro Fist!* :brofist:
    Cory of DontWatchMePlay
  • Im entering, even though there is not a big chance for me to win, but why not give it a shot? My dream is to get at least 100 subs on youtube. I have 30 subscribers right now, which i am totally grateful for! Good luck to all entering, i know how much everyone wants to win!!!
  • Actually, that 500 subs cap was by Felix, not by anyone of the mod team. Reason with that is also given: to make you stand out more. 500 subs is for some unreachable, while for some it's merely a fraction. It's to separate the mediocre content from the neat content.

(besides, the ones that we deleted had like 2 or 3 subscribers. some about 200, but for the most part lower than 50.)

Also, I thought the 1st of October there's gonna be the video. Excited yet?
  • Brace yourself... Fangirls are coming

On a serious note, people who downvote users who put hard work into their channels are absolute idiots. They probably think like this: " OMG, HE SUX. DOWNVOTEZ5LOOOOOLS "

Best thing to do is ignore and report. These imbecils aren't worth the effort of insults
    I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
  • Mystery wrote:

Actually, that 500 subs cap was by Felix, not by anyone of the mod team. Reason with that is also given: to make you stand out more. 500 subs is for some unreachable, while for some it's merely a fraction. It's to separate the mediocre content from the neat content.

(besides, the ones that we deleted had like 2 or 3 subscribers. some about 200, but for the most part lower than 50.)

I think it's safe to say that everyone is excited. But people shouldn't forget that if you do win, you aren't guaranteed to get 7 million subscribers. Most likely what would happen is you'll get a kickstart, and it's up to the creator to keep it going. Everyone wants to win, obviously, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.
    Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by jjustgreg ().

• Mystery wrote:

I won't lie, yes I am, but I'm doing the best I can not to overthink it at all and just keep pushing on like normal. A few people definitely agreed that this is not the end of the world, so there's no reason anyone of us should hold our breath until we pass out and forget why we are on Youtube in the first place.

To Educate
    To Entertain
    To Troll
    Etc.

I am just grateful to be a part of this competition, I'm not going to lie, I've been praying for one since I heard he previously did two of them and that's where Jacksepticeye got his amazing breakthrough. Once again though, good luck to everyone and just keep going strong, win or lose!

*Big Hugs*
    Please keep smiling and have a wonderful day!
    :brofist: *Big Hugs and Bro Fist!* :brofist:
    Cory of DontWatchMePlay
  • MissFushi wrote:

I have gotten 1 mean comment in my whole year on YouTube. I know I will get more but I am surprised by just the one so far. They said they would come to my house with a gun and stand outside my window and come in and see me when I went to sleep. So yeah, there's that.
    Thats really messed up .-.

I get a lot of hate on YouTube but I just block everyone who posts comments like that lol. :P
    :) Bleep Bloop Achievables. :)
    Heres my YouTube!: DevRoxToo
    And my tweeter: DevRoxToo
    :D
  • I've had a little bit of hate too but it's only ever when you have a bit of success, (a few views etc..) some not-so-wise people get jealous and all they can do is strike out.
    If you understand that, it's hard to feel anything but sorry for those people.
    If I had a big sub base (I've got 500ish) I'd tell people to be really nice to the ppl who throw insults around, they obviously need the attention more than us happy folk.
    But Miss Fushi...wow that's pretty harsh!! hehe my worst one said something like "no one likes you, just go kill yourself".
    Which i know is a lie cos I'm pretty sure at least my dog thinks I'm freakin AWESOME!
    Anyway, I'm super pumped for the comp too - can't help checking the forums everyday hehe...
    Don't think I'm in with much of a chance, there was just so many good entries! But you gotta put yourself out there right?
    Best o luck dudes.
  • Pewds has a LOT of submissions to go through. 117 pages of people posting their content. On top of that, he's filming, away from home, and had to focus on the release of his game. He's a busy dude :) But he's also the best xD
    Follow your dreams with reckless abandon. Don't let anyone stop YOU from being you.
  • I have looked at several of the contest entry channels on here. I really think it is amazing that everyone is so creative. Everyone seems to have a great personality. I am not sure why the first page has received so many dislikes. I personally think everyone should be supportive. Because we will all feel better in the long run. :)