Shoutout competition issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• naturalprimex wrote:

lol am desperate for this, worked to hard ;(
    Like Aim said, don't rely too much on it. Ofcourse we all want to win, but if you work hard and love doing what you do, you'll get there eventually! If you don't win this one, who says you won't win the next one? As long as you don't lose hope, it will all be okay!
    Plus, like I mentioned before, see this also as an opportunity to find collab partners! there are around 5-10 winners, there are a lot of people who didn't follow the rules... Soo... 10 winners out of 2000, those are way bigger chances than an actual lottery!
    Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
  • jjustgreg wrote:

naturalprimex wrote:

lol am desperate for this, worked to hard ;(
    Like Aim said, don't rely too much on it. Ofcourse we all want to win, but if you work hard and love doing what you do, you'll get there eventually! If you don't win this one, who says you won't win the next one? As long as you don't lose hope, it will all be okay!Plus, like I mentioned before, see this also as an opportunity to find collab partners! there are around 5-10 winners, there are a lot of people who didn't follow the rules... Soo... 10 winners out of 2000, those are way bigger chances than an actual lottery!
    I was thinking about this actually, like winning would be the same as the lottery but you are right, our odds are even better than the lottery, even drastically so! I doubt half of those entries will even be accepted. One must wonder, why did so few people apply when I know there are at least 50k small active youtubers.
    But looking back to 2013, I was making videos then too but didn't know about the shoutout so many people probably didn't even notice. Luckily now I follow big youtubers (and I had my viewers tell me about it) so maybe we are in a situation 1000 times better than a lottery?!
  • I had a few of the people who watch my channel tell me about it as well. Going back to the topic tho there are a lot of down votes/thumbs down for no other reason then people thinking that it will make whoever they thumb down is going to look bad. I have been thru the list and found a few awesome youtubers that I didn't know about because they had such small channels and I love it because now I have more to watch :)
  • I can tell some people are being salty. Someone went through and disliked a bunch of my videos and it started with the one I posted in the contest. I wish there were not people like that but it's the sad truth. I won't let them stop me though~ ;)
    4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
    I publish a video daily.
    Not going to give up.
    Not going to stop.
    1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
  • I have notice it too, and this is my first time being in one of these, I literately have no clue what i was really doing, so I just followed the rules and instructions, I will admit at first i thought votes up mattered some, but then a friend told me, that ya it don't really do anything, after that point i just been going through and watching a lot of other people summisions, and if I really like it, Ill point them up even if it doesn't do anything, some times i even message them telling them good luck, or ether if they win or loose i still think they will go far.
  • I've actually subbed to a few people through this. >v< I keep trying to find people around the same subs as me (1.30k) I enjoy little channels a lot when the quality is there. This contest is actually a really nice way to find good content. Sneaky Pewds.
    I publish a video daily.
    Not going to give up.
    Not going to stop.

My Channel
  • Sad to see that many users have disliked so much good content, just because it was on the first page. Some even deleted their submissions because they felt attacked; that's absolutely not what we want to have! Next time we'll get things all sorted out and make sure that everyone gets the same fair chance, while still feeling safe between so many bro's ;V
  • Mystery wrote:

Sad to see that many users have disliked so much good content, just because it was on the first page. Some even deleted their submissions because they felt attacked; that's absolutely not what we want to have! Next time we'll get things all sorted out and make sure that everyone gets the same fair chance, while still feeling safe between so many bro's ;V
    I came here to have a good time but now I feel so attacked. - Tumblr xD
    On a serious note though, I am gutted to hear that some deleted their submissions. Thanks for trying your hardest to make things better though :D
  • Yeah, I don't think that the likes/dislikes do anything.... I don't make YouTube videos but thought it would be fun to go through the submissions and I'm glad I did! There are a ton of you who make really great content! I am surprised at all the Minecraft/COD videos though. From watching pewds, he always says he hates both genres. But whatever. Good luck to you all, I'm positive he's going to go through all of them since I think Ohm was on page 40-something out of the 60 something in the last competition. I'm also positive there will be 10 of more winners!!
  • The Cricket wrote:

Yeah, I don't think that the likes/dislikes do anything.... I don't make YouTube videos but thought it would be fun to go through the submissions and I'm glad I did! There are a ton of you who make really great content! I am surprised at all the Minecraft/COD videos though. From watching pewds, he always says he hates both genres. But whatever. Good luck to you all, I'm positive he's going to go through all of them since I think Ohm was on page 40-something out of the 60 something in the last competition. I'm also positive there will be 10 of more winners!!
    I was suprised when I saw people submit Minecraft & COD videos too. I am glad I am not the only one. He said you need a variety of content to win so I am sure those people would of had other game videos they could submit or...they should not have entered. ;o;

e.e I like Minecraft too butttt rules are rules.
    I publish a video daily.
    Not going to give up.
    Not going to stop.

My Channel
  • DoubleXLGamers wrote:

MissFushi wrote:

Does anyone else think he may announce winners on the day his game releases?
    That's what I am thinking because we haven't heard anything about it for some time now. It would be cool if he did it around the time his game came out.
    I feel like he might be too busy in L.A. to look through all the content, so I'm expecting him to do it after he returns home, but if he does announce it when his game comes out that would be cool!

Although I didn't sign up for it because I don't have enough subscribers, I'm still excited to watch because I had friends sumbit their work.
    :) Bleep Bloop Achievables. :)
    Heres my YouTube!: DevRoxToo
    And my tweeter: DevRoxToo
    :D
  • One thing you need to know if you try to stand out on the internet, is that you will get haters. Even I, with just 34 subscribers, got a nice little comment on one of my videos stating("Just kill yourself"). It's the internet where we are anonymous, or at least we think. It brings up the worst in people. Death threats, horrible "opinions", flaming and so on and so on. The best thing to do is completely ignore them and don't give in to their toxic behavior.
    Visit my YouTube channel TerrionGaming !!
  • I have gotten 1 mean comment in my whole year on YouTube. I know I will get more but I am surprised by just the one so far. They said they would come to my house with a gun and stand outside my window and come in and see me when I went to sleep. So yeah, there's that.
    I publish a video daily.
    Not going to give up.
    Not going to stop.

My Channel