Nostalgic Games

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Nostalgic Games

I stream every once in a while and sometimes we have the coolest conversations in the chat. Recently we had a conversation about games that gave us the best memories and why. I loved hearing peoples responses so much that i decided to give it a try on this forum :)
      (First time posting so some feedback would be great too!)

Post as many nostalgic games as you want, and try to give a reason for why they are.

Here are mine:

Sonic Adventure
      This game was the first video game I was ever introduced to, my father handed me the controller of the Sega Dreamcast we had and let me play, I dont remember much about my first time playing all I remember is the giant whale that chases you while you run on a bridge being destroyed by it. It was the most cinematic and thrilling thing I had ever experienced and I think that was the day I not only became a Sonic fan but a gamer too. After some family problems I no longer get to see my father anymore, but playing this game always reminds me of him and brings back amazing memories. I still play this game every other year to feel the nostalgia flowing through my veins lol.

Pokemon: Soul Silver
      As a kid I wasn't allowed to play Pokemon. (I know, how could you deprive a child of the blessing that is Pokemon? I don't know, it just happened) But as I got older I began to smuggle whatever games I could in my backpack, I would rip off the stickers of the cartridges so when my mother found them she wouldn't know it was Pokemon. After smuggling FireRed and Pearl I knew that this series (Pokemon) was one of the greatest game series of all time. One day while exploring a Nintendo Power magazine (RIP Nintendo Power </3) I found a sneak peak of the newest Pokemon game: Pokemon SoulSilver. It had cleaner looking graphics than previous titles, and a whole new feature... Walking with your Pokemon!!! I was freaking out, I knew I had to purchase it. I sold some of my older games to people at my school, and accumulated the money to purchase the newest Pokemon game. From the second I opened that box I knew this game was perfect, it had a freaking PokeWalker!! I popped that thang on my P.E. shorts and ran laps in school full of joy knowing I was leveling up my Pokemon. (I'm sure my teacher thought I was on drugs, but that's besides the point) I really wish we could see more Pokemon games like this, the game made you fight your way through 8 gym leaders (ok.. we've seen this before..) but after you completed them and beat the Elite Four, you got to revisit the Kanto region and fight a whole other 8 gym leaders! The game was so full of content my 12 year old self took ages to soak it all in, and every minute of it was priceless!

Those are some of my Video Game Nostalgia stories, if you liked them, let me know!
      If you have some of your own, post them so I can read them!
      Thanks for reading, if people seem to like this I have a few other stories I'd love to share :D
      Yaay! Where's my cookie?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Linklight ().

• Awesome!
      I remember playing the hell out of Shenmue 2 on the original Xbox! ^^
      The story and fighting mechanics in this game where way ahead of it´s time!
      Couldn´t stop playing! Sadly I didn´t owned an Dreamcast, so there was no chance I could play Shenmue 1!
      Gladly the devs delievered Shenmue 2 with a DVD where you could rewatch the events of part 1! That´s the way to go!

:thumbsup: GET THE KICK OUT OF GAMING :thumbsup:
    • GamingKick wrote:

Awesome!
      Couldn´t stop playing! Sadly I didn´t owned an Dreamcast, so there was no chance I could play Shenmue 1!
      Gladly the devs delievered Shenmue 2 with a DVD where you could rewatch the events of part 1! That´s the way to go!
      Haha really?! That's so awesome! You must be totally excited for it to be making a return!!
      I just love being a part of something bigger
      :D
    • Toridori wrote:

Croc on the Playstation 1 - I got that and a PS1 for Christmas when I was about 5 years old. It was the first game that was officially mine and not my older brothers, and I played it so much! Wish I still had it, wouldn't mind playing it again and I'm 23 now! :D
      Oh yeah I totally remember the Croc game. It's pretty fun to play even now. Just has some annoying camera angles sometimes if I remember correctly. I used to play Ape Escape on the ps1 too. Such a fun game :D
      Yes when I was born 23 years ago my parents named me Felix in the hopes of being able to "copy" Pewdiepie later in life.
    • GamingFelix wrote:

Toridori wrote:

Croc on the Playstation 1 - I got that and a PS1 for Christmas when I was about 5 years old. It was the first game that was officially mine and not my older brothers, and I played it so much! Wish I still had it, wouldn't mind playing it again and I'm 23 now! :D
      Oh yeah I totally remember the Croc game. It's pretty fun to play even now. Just has some annoying camera angles sometimes if I remember correctly. I used to play Ape Escape on the ps1 too. Such a fun game :D
      Yeah I remember that too! Used to end up with me falling off the ledges, so annoying. I also remember Ape Escape, my brother loved that game. I miss being a kid. :P
    • Toridori wrote:

GamingFelix wrote:

Toridori wrote:

Yeah I remember that too! Used to end up with me falling off the ledges, so annoying. I also remember Ape Escape, my brother loved that game. I miss being a kid. :P
      I still got a ps2 and I still play some of those games :D
      You can also get emulators and play them on your pc :)
      Yes when I was born 23 years ago my parents named me Felix in the hopes of being able to "copy" Pewdiepie later in life.
    • GamingFelix wrote:

Toridori wrote:

GamingFelix wrote:

Toridori wrote:

I still got a ps2 and I still play some of those games :D You can also get emulators and play them on your pc :)
      I may do that for old times sake, haven't played Croc for more than fifteen years! :)
    • Linklight wrote:

Sonic Adventure

This game was the first video game I was ever introduced to, my father handed me the controller of the Sega Dreamcast we had and let me play, I dont remember much about my first time playing all I remember is the giant whale that chases you while you run on a bridge being destroyed by it. It was the most cinematic and thrilling thing I had ever experienced and I think that was the day I not only became a Sonic fan but a gamer too. After some family problems I no longer get to see my father anymore, but playing this game always reminds me of him and brings back amazing memories. I still play this game every other year to feel the nostalgia flowing through my veins lol.
      Such a cool thread and damn this really brings back some really awesome memories for sure! :D I never had the chance to try this out on the Dreamcast, but when I read Sonic Adventure I came to think of a game that I was playing all the time on the Gameboy Advanced, the Sonic Advance. Almost same spelling lol. What a great game that was however. Sonic has always been a great friend right! :)
      Chipsflickan's YouTube Channel (I promise it's worth a look)
    • NinjaNultrix wrote:

GamingKick wrote:

Awesome!
      Haha really?! That's so awesome! You must be totally excited for it to be making a return!!
      Hell yeah! ^^
      Best announcement on this years E3! It was about damn time!

:thumbsup: GET THE KICK OUT OF GAMING :thumbsup:
    • Chipsflickan wrote:

Linklight wrote:

Sonic Adventure

Such a cool thread and damn this really brings back some really awesome memories for sure! :D I never had the chance to try this out on the Dreamcast, but when I read Sonic Adventure I came to think of a game that I was playing all the time on the Gameboy Advanced, the Sonic Advance. Almost same spelling lol. What a great game that was however. Sonic has always been a great friend right! :)
      Sonic generations is pretty ok. It's on steam and has a bunch of old levels from old games. I only played it a little but a friend of mine did whole game and said it was great :D
    • oh ily for making this post lol, for me it's:

All of the sly cooper games, ah man the thought of those games make me tear up I actually cried when I played the newest one on my ps vita (lol) but the reason is because I remember I used to just ply crash and other games on my ps2 and Nintendo 64 but I wouldn't ever be super pumped about them, but then I got the first sly cooper and I fell in love with video games, from there on I have played games with a passion.

TF2 (console) I got this game for my Xbox 360 now this wasn't too long ago but it brings me great joy because now as an MMO player it was my first online game on console, and other than club penguin at the time

Last but not least Wizard 101 I know what you're thinking but no I'm not gay, but this game was just amazing I easily played for 6 years on multiple accounts, creating friendships, casting spells, and getting addicted to micro transactions. The reason I have this in the list is because thinking back to that long ago, those friends easily made me who I am today also on the subject of wizard 101 RIP Katrina 1995-2010
    • Oh dude, nostalgic games are all my domain. Since i grew up with the most of the gaming console eras at the same time (8bit, 16bit and 32bit), i have a giant domain of games that are nostalgic for me.

My earliest games were NES and DOS games, and ones that really stand out as memories are Wild Gunman, Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros, Jungle Book, Contra all on nes ,and Doom , Wolfenstein 3D, Prince of Persia, Secret of Monkey island and many more on dos...

Then i was introduced to some sega genesis games like of-course Sonic, Aladdin and such classics, ToeJam and Earl , and those are really nostalgic for me.

And finally the PS 1 games, ahhh, i spent a most of the time playing this ones, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy , Tekken 3...

So yeah in general there are a lot of games i feel nostalgic about, and to be honest most of them still play really good today.
    • back in the days playing ps1 crash bandicoot series figuring out that all the coloured gems are strangely puzzled, going through all the levels getting blown to bits as angel crash plays the didgeridoo. falling through bottomless pits only to have the shoes come back, being turned to ash by flamethrowers and torches, being stung by bees as crash's hands swell up bigger than his body, those were the days. also gaming was a bit less intense back then too and i really enjoy the vibes i get while playing older games its just more relaxing.