UNTIL DAWN: thoughts about the game from gamers and watchers.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Nausicaagamer wrote:

GamingKick wrote:

The game is another good reason the get a PS4!
      Well told story and great replay value! Finished it a second time already and I have to say I don´t mind doing it again or watching Pewds play it! There are so many different choices and possible outcomes! ^^

The only down turn is that the second half of the game is a little drawn out...
      [Spoilers]The part with the Wendigo was okay, but come on...20 wendigos! [\Spoilers]
      I know this game is absolutely a good reason to get a PS4 but I don't have money to spend on that atm :( Enjoy the game for me too ;(
      :( Same here! PS4 is still very expensive! Took me over half a year to save up for it, because I´m on a tight budget too! But in the end it was worth it! :thumbsup: And I will enjoy the game for you too! ^^

:thumbsup: GET THE KICK OUT OF GAMING :thumbsup:
    • Nausicaagamer wrote:

The game looks awesome, there's no word to describe how much I want to play it X/
      But since I got no PS4 at least I can watch someone else play it...even tho I think it's just not the same because of all the different choices, don't you guys think? ;(
      It's definitely an experience you want to create on your own, it is fun to watch other people play and make their decisions but until it's your decisions that affect the outcome of the game and the characters you won't feel the same immersion. Hopefully someone will be nice and buy you a PS4 so you can find out for yourself :D
      "There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
    • As a PS4-less watcher, I felt like the game was a tad overhyped, but it still delivered the spooks and the immersion.
      Maybe because it's a cliché plot with the whole teenagers gathering in a cabin in the woods which made it felt a bit of a letdown. Graphics are top-notch though. It was really interesting watching the behind-the-scenes.

And here comes the spoilers. :pewdie:

Display Spoiler
      On a more personal note, I felt really sad that Josh was going to be a Wendigo even in the "perfect" ending. Please do correct me if I'm wrong. And I really dislike Ashley. Like yeah, I know Emily's supposed to be the bitch. But oh my bacon, Ashley is worse than Emily as the story progresses. Emily compensated her attitude with efficiency. And I thought Jess was a bitch. Nope.
    • ear wrote:

As a PS4-less watcher, I felt like the game was a tad overhyped, but it still delivered the spooks and the immersion.
      Maybe because it's a cliché plot with the whole teenagers gathering in a cabin in the woods which made it felt a bit of a letdown. Graphics are top-notch though. It was really interesting watching the behind-the-scenes.

And here comes the spoilers. :pewdie:

Display Spoiler
      On a more personal note, I felt really sad that Josh was going to be a Wendigo even in the "perfect" ending. Please do correct me if I'm wrong. And I really dislike Ashley. Like yeah, I know Emily's supposed to be the bitch. But oh my bacon, Ashley is worse than Emily as the story progresses. Emily compensated her attitude with efficiency. And I thought Jess was a bitch. Nope.

here come some spoilers
      Display Spoiler
      i feel as if they delivered an excellent plot twist when josh was revealed as the man in the mask but the whole indian curse thing with the wendigo emerging made me lose interest in the game it is as if they just lost momentum toward the end. and in the playthrough i saw josh was killed by wendigo hannah. in the end i guess it wasnt a bad game but it's not a game i would play over and over and over again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ulquiorra ().

• I thought the game was very campy but neat. I felt though once I saw Pewds play it, there was no need to play it on my channel. It is true that you can make different choices but it's more cut scenes and less gameplay than I typically enjoy. It's like watching a movie with a more active remote control.

I also predicted one of the main plot twists (no spoilers) when I first saw Sam in the bus. I was unhappy when it turned out true because I would have rather been wrong.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • MissFushi wrote:

I thought the game was very campy but neat. I felt though once I saw Pewds play it, there was no need to play it on my channel. It is true that you can make different choices but it's more cut scenes and less gameplay than I typically enjoy. It's like watching a movie with a more active remote control.

I also predicted one of the main plot twists (no spoilers) when I first saw Sam in the bus. I was unhappy when it turned out true because I would have rather been wrong.
      i find that most of the horror genre is based with predictable cliches.
      also i felt as if the game relied a lot on its brilliant graphics which disappoints me.
      when it comes to games i like games that mainly depend on gameplay. e.g. the gran turismo series.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ulquiorra ().

• As I've fully completed the game, I can say this is one of the better movie-like games out there. It's really on par, if not better, than Heavy Rain. Besides the astonishing graphics, great atmosphere and awesome audio, you really feel connected to the characters and what they go through. Though the gameplay might be nothing more than pressing the right button at the right time (isn't that what all games are about?), the game is never boring or tedious.

If I had to give one point of critique, it's the whole Wendigo stuff. I really wish they didn't go with the supernatural, as it feels lazy and not very connected with how real the characters seemed.
      Visit my YouTube channel TerrionGaming !!
    • Terrion wrote:

As I've fully completed the game, I can say this is one of the better movie-like games out there. It's really on par, if not better, than Heavy Rain. Besides the astonishing graphics, great atmosphere and awesome audio, you really feel connected to the characters and what they go through. Though the gameplay might be nothing more than pressing the right button at the right time (isn't that what all games are about?), the game is never boring or tedious.

If I had to give one point of critique, it's the whole Wendigo stuff. I really wish they didn't go with the supernatural, as it feels lazy and not very connected with how real the characters seemed.
      i couldn't agree more about the wendigo. although i disagree with the statement about the right button at the right time, when it comes to games i feel that pushing the right button at the right time is hardly what games are about in most cases of course making an exception for until dawn as it was a lot of pushing the right button at the right time.
    • Starrk1 wrote:

Terrion wrote:

As I've fully completed the game, I can say this is one of the better movie-like games out there. It's really on par, if not better, than Heavy Rain. Besides the astonishing graphics, great atmosphere and awesome audio, you really feel connected to the characters and what they go through. Though the gameplay might be nothing more than pressing the right button at the right time (isn't that what all games are about?), the game is never boring or tedious.

i couldn't agree more about the wendigo. although i disagree with the statement about the right button at the right time, when it comes to games i feel that pushing the right button at the right time is hardly what games are about in most cases of course making an exception for until dawn as it was a lot of pushing the right button at the right time.
      The "right button at the right time" was kind of a joke, of course. Because in the end, games boil down to pressing buttons. Many people argue if games like Until Dawn are good because of the type of gameplay, but I don't think you should judge a game based on that. I always ask myself: did I have a fun and memorable experience? That's all what games are about, in my opinion.
    • i suppose they do boil down to pressing buttons even if i dont like seeing it that way
      although the players experience is the most important thing when it comes to games so you do hold a valid point. when it came to until dawn it wasnt a bad game but i myself just didnt like the way the gameplay was laid out but it is what it is all i can really do as a gamer is review it for what i saw it as.
    • I did not have a very fun experience so I guess it just depends on the person. I am happy for anyone who really enjoyed it since that's what you want a game to do for people, even if it isn't my cup of tea. The graphics were stunning but...man...the end twist...well we have already all said it but those Wendigo creatures were...lackluster. I will take super twisting conspiracy over 'oh jk it's magic' anyday.

I felt like it was a RL Stine 'Choose your own adventure' book from the 90's. Did you guys ever read those? I really liked 'em.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • MissFushi wrote:

I did not have a very fun experience so I guess it just depends on the person. I am happy for anyone who really enjoyed it since that's what you want a game to do for people, even if it isn't my cup of tea. The graphics were stunning but...man...the end twist...well we have already all said it but those Wendigo creatures were...lackluster. I will take super twisting conspiracy over 'oh jk it's magic' anyday.

I felt like it was a RL Stine 'Choose your own adventure' book from the 90's. Did you guys ever read those? I really liked 'em.
      Were those the books in which you can make choices and tell you to go to a certain page after a choice? I remember reading a Mario version of such a book, haha.