A serious note - My state of Pewdiepie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• A new trend which arose was that he kept doing 5-6 minute videos. Which seemed to be quite out of place.
      I really don't mind only 15 minute episodes of thing, if he does 2-3 videos per day (which is already a lot)
      But having 2 or 3 videos of 5-6 minutes just seems to me as being either to busy to create better content because he is pressured to release videos every day or he just doesn't feel like it is necessary (which I don't think it is).
    • hmm, that trend arose long ago and i kinda enjoy those short 5-8 minute videos, they are usually funny,don't take up too much of my time and i know they didn't hopefully take too much of his time, plus the mere fact that he puts out 2 or 3 every day is even better for me since i like to see variety in his videos. But also equally i enjoy his long-plays, and simply like them better than the short videos. But thinking realistically , pewds can't make them all the time, that would both cut his content a lot ,he would have less videos, but work more to make them. Short videos simply are better for him to make, cause more of the bros watch them, cause of their length. Nearly everybody have 5-8 minutes to spare for a pewdiepie video, but not everyone has 15 or an hour for a longplay. And if we take in consideration that over half of the bro army is young teens and kids who generally don't care much about story games, it's not so weird that over time majority of pewdiepie's videos will be these short hype games.
    • TheHustii wrote:

Kawaii-diepie wrote:

Guys why are we even judging the guy after all these awesome videos hes made. I mean yeah the jokes are getting cheesy and the beat boxing is annoying and random as hell but the guy is just trying to satisfy his fans. I'm sure their are thousands of people out their that don't mind all this but we're just over here judging him like we're his freakin creator.
      There have been a lot of Youtubers, especially in the german community, who sold themselves because they wanted to satisfy everyone. I don't want him to do this for views or subscribers. I want him to do it for himself - that's what he did waay earlier, like 100 years ago in his oldest videos. He had a crappy english, he screamed like a girl, the video quality was crap and he did his "hi my name is peeeeeewdiepieeeee" intro, which was unique. I want this guy back who I subscribe to.
      I don't want this to be a "Either you die young or you see yourself become someone else" type of thing.

I just don't want annoying beatboxing or hyped games be played while he doesn't enjoy them.
      Amen to that brother.
      "Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah."
    • Little Man wrote:

I don't think it's a wise choice to unsubscribe after a couple of crappy videos, it's just some special occasions that he performed horribly. He was the guy who made me fall in love with Life is Strange because, aside from the game itself, he played it well in the first 3 episodes and I really enjoyed watching him play them. Yes, he was intrusive with his commentary and random (and annoying) beatboxing was all over the place, but I'd like to give him one more chance just to see what will happen when he plays Episode 5 (the final episode.) Episode 4 was a long one too, and he did edit off many parts that I really wanted to see what happened there. (Sigh, and why didn't he edit off the time he got his shoes... I don't understand!) But he did address that he was tired and burned out somewhere during the whole Episode 4 Playthrough, so I guess that's forgivable for all those, we do have to act strange to keep ourselves awake in times we don't want to (at least I do, and if that's his reason for not doing a good job in this playthrough, I can understand it.)
      He still speedran through the main objectives in the first 3 episodes, though his commentary wasn't as annoying. Truth is that he once said in an interview that the games he enjoys are very different from the games he plays for YouTube, so it's not really a surprise if he doesn't like the game. I know he has said he does, but he even said "This is a lot of fun" after playing the 4th episode and we all have seen how he played the 4th episode. I suggest him to stop playing the game and let his fans watch Cryaotic, to have a better idea of what the game is about rather than watching Pewds' speedrunning and annoying commentary.
    • A variety of opinions here. We have to agree to disagree with some, because that's who we are as a fanbase (and for some like me, ex-bros).

I'll be honest, I haven't watched the videos mentioned in the replies, but I have watched episodes where the editing skills are a bit crap and overdone. I'm not saying they aren't eye-catching (and they're done to a great standard, imo). I'm just saying that the needless edits are taking away from the actual gameplay of some videos. With regards to FNAF4, he said in a blog that he didn't find the game scary at all as he has gotten used to the scares. It's no reason why people should hate that video if he's being true with his reactions (again, this is an outside view because I haven't watched the video). Just remember that everyone, whether or not they like Pewds' video or if they're subscribed, has a different taste in the videos he produces.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • I think I'm one of the rare Bros, by that I mean I love all of his videos. I love the long playthroughs, short videos, his beatboxing, and just about everything else. I don't know if it's because it's Pewds doing it, but I just love it all. The only thing I don't love is seeing Pewds play games that he hates because his fans will like it, or changing the way he acts so his fans will like it. I mean I get that that's kind of what it's about because if he doesn't play the games his bros like then they won't watch. But i think the fact that he didn't or doesn't really mind that made him unique. I'm not sure what my point was, I did have one, but I hope that whatever rubbish i just spurted made a little sense.
    • As time goes on, youtubers change their style. This is no different to Markiplier's change from beginning his channel in a darkened room to a fancy recording room (imo), except it is Pewds' change in content. Only he can control what he does for his channel and bros should support it. Of course, that's easier said than done because some fans only want the games.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

• Tophat Guitarist wrote:

As time goes on, youtubers change their style. This is no different to Markiplier's change from beginning his channel in a darkened room to a fancy recording room (imo), except it is Pewds' change in content. Only he can control what he does for his channel and bros should support it. Of course, that's easier said than done because some fans only want the games.
      He isn't enjoying his games as much, that's not good change. Especially the Let's Plays.
    • Never said it was always going to be a good change. Like I said, only Pewds can decide what goes on his channel. If he wants to look like he's not enjoying the game, that's his choice