A serious note - My state of Pewdiepie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• A serious note - My state of Pewdiepie

Hey guys,

my name is Hustii and I am one of the many subscribers of Felix' Channel aka one of you "Bros".

I don't often post in Forums and I only submitted my entrance to the Photoshop Contest so far as a contribution to this forum - this basically means, I am being serious right now, mostly because I feel the urge to share my momentary view on Pewdiepie.

At recent events, Felix has talked about his "worst Video ever" regarding the Like/Dislike Ratio on FNAF 4.
      As someone, who has been following the videos of his channel starting early 200k-ish ~ (this is not about bragging, just to give some information or insight of my "channel" knowlegde), I at some point started to feel that Pewds was pushing himself to be funny.
      Videos such as Skate 3, which are completely about "bullshitting" and doing random/stupid stuff, aswell as giving great editing opportunities (which Felix excels at) are what crank me up the most.

I also loved the dedication in game series such as "IB", "The Walking Dead" and similar, which possessed a deep story line and pulled the viewer, and most of all, the player, into them. Seeing Felix react to these things, being a "human" by crying or shivering gave me the feeling of a person who could get in contact with the person on the other side of the screen.

This recently changed.

I am typing this mostly out of reaction to the first part of "Life is Strange - Episode 4".

Pewds' commentary or reaction not only felt dissplaced but disrespectful.
      It is NOT about him not getting into the very detail of every item in the rooms or scenaries, but his talking or rather "not getting into the mindset of the situation" - thing.

Feeling as a part of the story was a thing that Pewdiepie had early on in his videos, in the game he pricesly chose because he WANTED to play them.
      I feel as if Felix is struggling with keeping up with hypes, not playing the things he enjoys or he simple is in a state of mind right now in which he can't even enjoy the games he would normally enjoy.

I know my english isn't the best since I am a non-native speaker, so please be not too rude.

This is my view on the state of Pewds and it kind of breakes my heart not to be able to feel along with him or laugh with him.

Thanks for reading. :brofist:
    • He's probably doing what he likes the most, in the early phase he had to adapt.
      Now that the hype is settled he just play any random game just to have some fun and share that same experience.

This isnt negative, at all.
      People are totally free to say whatever they want, criticism will always happen, mainly on this type of Channels, usually, they dont give a single F*** because most of them don't even read Youtube Comments.
    • Well I guess its probably because most of pewdiepies fans are 12 or 13 year old kids who are watching pewds because he is funny and not because of the gaming experience and they would probably die if he didnt release 2 videos a day so he is kinda forced to do it as funny as possible with that experience ruining editing . Its quantity over quality now. It is sad but its understandable.
      "Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah."
    • On top of those you've given your opinion on his video of Life is Strange Episode 4 Part 1, I also find his commentary redundant. It was worse toward the end as he just talked over the characters' dialogue for minutes, let alone the times he talked so much about nothing it destroyed the atmosphere of the game.

I was on his side when he was bashed for not getting scared by the FNAF video because ultimately he's not an actor, if he's not genuinely scared I don't see why he would act like he was; and if a game follows the same routines every time it releases a "new" one, it's not worth supporting anymore. But for the LiS 4 video his talking is just too...idk I can't think of words to describe it anymore. Probably one of his worst videos on one of the best games he's ever played.
    • I just want "The Walking Dead" (by telltale). I've been searching through the forums for news, and I have to say, when I came across this, I wasn't surprised.

Pewdiepie seems less into things, and Markiplier is over reacting like a madman.

ps kenny is our lord and savior
    • I commented this on his Life Is Strange - Episode 4 Part 2 video right after I watched it, it should sum up my feelings. He won't see it because he's blocked the comments, that's one drawback of no comments that you can't see criticism and learn from it. I'm sure many people like us have a problem with the way he's playing the game.

"I can see that you barely care about this game, just drop it please. You don't ever check anything other than speedrunning through the main objectives which causes you to know only half of what's going on, keep joking around way too much, you're so detached from the game that sometimes you don't even have a clue of what you're supposed to be doing, almost completely destroy the mood of the game with your talking, cut some of the parts that weren't really useless, also couldn't help but notice you were in a hurry of quitting the game after you finished the episode, the fake reactions at the very end of the video to generate comedy didn't help either. I really like you and you truly inspire me (yeah I'm a bro), but do your fans a favor and stop posting this game, let them watch someone like Cry for this game who showcased & explored this game's potential much better, your playthrough disappointed me and it's getting worse each episode. I really hope my comment reaches you and I'm sure there are many people criticizing the way you have played this game but you don't see it because you've blocked your comments.
      Show less"
    • I watch him playing life is strange but I also watched Dashie playing it and it was so much better. I mean the part where pewds was talking about his shoes he just received I was like WTF? I will wait until he post the last episode of life is strange and then I will unsubscribe.
    • Well, a lot of Pewds' recent videos were made while he was sick, which I'm sure put a big damper on any sort of emotional commitment to his playthroughs. For a while there did seem to be an abundance of blank-stare reactions on his part. Not sure if that was a new thing he was going for or whether he was feeling under the weather for that recording.

Sometimes I do wonder if he might be getting burned out, though. Recording games and editing for hours a day can't be all that easy, and it's not like he can just up and take a long break without some contingency plan. Even a week's vacation could feel like decades in YouTube terms.
      What's my secret ingredient? Duck tape of course!
    • I may agree to the fact that he pushes himself to be funny, but that is just because he is trying to make us laugh. People compliment him all the time saying that they make him laugh, even when they are upset. Then they expect to make him laugh the next time around. He wants to fulfill our expectations.

Most of the time Pewdiepie is very funny and this works. But he is human, he isn't perfect! Sometimes he goes a bit overboard trying to make us laugh, like how you mentioned in Life is Strange. But that is because Life is Strange isn't really a funny game, so he is trying to make it into one. He doesn't have the right type of channel for this game. His videos are mostly funny and exciting, while Life is Strange is more of a relaxed kind of game.

I think also while he was playing this he rushed through some parts because the video was going to get too long, and typically the more time it takes to watch a video the less views you get. (Of course this didn't happen though, because of the number of people who wait for him to do a story based game)
    • AbbyGamer88 wrote:

But that is because Life is Strange isn't really a funny game, so he is trying to make it into one. He doesn't have the right type of channel for this game. His videos are mostly funny and exciting, while Life is Strange is more of a relaxed kind of game.

Basically this. I mean, he had series on his channel which were similar or way more involving than LiS but rushing through games is never a thing he should do.

It is just my gut feeling, that he shouldn't force himself to be funny or he will maybe one day not be able to see himself in the mirror again. And I don't want that to happen.
    • TheHustii wrote:

AbbyGamer88 wrote:

But that is because Life is Strange isn't really a funny game, so he is trying to make it into one. He doesn't have the right type of channel for this game. His videos are mostly funny and exciting, while Life is Strange is more of a relaxed kind of game.

Basically this. I mean, he had series on his channel which were similar or way more involving than LiS but rushing through games is never a thing he should do.

It is just my gut feeling, that he shouldn't force himself to be funny or he will maybe one day not be able to see himself in the mirror again. And I don't want that to happen.

I agree that he shouldn't try to be funny. He is already a funny, happy person. But I think that not being able to see himself in the mirror is a bit much. We might not be so supportive of him trying to be funny in a game that is more serious and relaxed, but lots of other bro's didn't notice or didn't care. Almost every famous youtuber tries to be funny. If you arent happy by the end of watching a video, whats the point? Even if he does continue to do this, I think that he will still have millions of subscribers supporting him every day. Most of us don't watch his videos just because he is funny, we watch them because he uploads 2 a day when most youtubers upload 2 a week, he works so hard on his videos, and he is a good person who doesn't care about money, but cares about making videos. Not many Youtubers do all of that.
      Even if he does continue to make videos like this, its his desicion, and I think a majority of the bros will support no matter what.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AbbyGamer88 ().

• In the beginning, I was so excited about this game... that I actually bought to play myself, which is something I never do. I did it because most of the time I enjoy so much when he plays it with interest, that I don't feel the need to play it myself.
      Now, I decided to do it on my own because his reactions and his lack of interest has completely disappointed me.

It's such an amazing atmosphere built so carefully and he totally ignores it to just play the most he can in one single video doing only the basic stuff to be considered a ~gameplay~.
    • I feel like everyone is overreacting about this. Little Man thinks he is being rude because of his commentary, which Is basically like every other game he plays. Eric Wimmer says he will unsubscribe because of it, which I don't think is necessary. Its only one game. And if you didn't like watching him play Life is Strange and you think Dashie is better, why wait until he posts the last episode of it? You obviously don't want to watch it. TheHustii thinks that its so bad that he wont ever be able to face himself in the mirror because of how he acted. He has been acting like that for quite a long time and he has been more successful than anyone else. CamiVoorhees is going to buy the entire game because Pewdiepie didn't do a good enough job on it. You can go watch someone else play it you know.

I feel like Pewdiepie isn't getting enough credit here. He simply wasn't interested in the game, when he is used to only choosing games he likes. But since everyone wanted to see more episodes, he put out more! He has made so many amazing videos and I think that you all could give him another chance. He has been sick for a while, and so that didn't help either. Maybe the last week or so wasn't perfect, he knows that we didn't like how he acted in the game, and he is going to try and fix it next time around. He always does. Instead of being upset about him not being interested in games he doesn't like, why dont you go and suggest him a new game better suited for him? It would be a lot more productive.
    • I dont want to unsubscribe because of life is strange I actually want to do it because of the editing. I hoped it will get better but its still the same. I mean its not a playthrough anymore there is always so much going on. For example he makes a video which is about 6 minutes long and 3 minutes of that video is terrible beatboxing and flying photoshoped things if you know what I mean. But dont get me wrong I like him, his personality and everything.
    • Erik Wimmer wrote:

I dont want to unsubscribe because of life is strange I actually want to do it because of the editing. I hoped it will get better but its still the same. I mean its not a playthrough anymore there is always so much going on. For example he makes a video which is about 6 minutes long and 3 minutes of that video is terrible beatboxing and flying photoshoped things if you know what I mean. But dont get me wrong I like him, his personality and everything.
      I don't think it's a wise choice to unsubscribe after a couple of crappy videos, it's just some special occasions that he performed horribly. He was the guy who made me fall in love with Life is Strange because, aside from the game itself, he played it well in the first 3 episodes and I really enjoyed watching him play them. Yes, he was intrusive with his commentary and random (and annoying) beatboxing was all over the place, but I'd like to give him one more chance just to see what will happen when he plays Episode 5 (the final episode.) Episode 4 was a long one too, and he did edit off many parts that I really wanted to see what happened there. (Sigh, and why didn't he edit off the time he got his shoes... I don't understand!) But he did address that he was tired and burned out somewhere during the whole Episode 4 Playthrough, so I guess that's forgivable for all those, we do have to act strange to keep ourselves awake in times we don't want to (at least I do, and if that's his reason for not doing a good job in this playthrough, I can understand it.)

AbbyGamer88 wrote:

I feel like everyone is overreacting about this. Little Man thinks he is being rude because of his commentary, which Is basically like every other game he plays. Eric Wimmer says he will unsubscribe because of it, which I don't think is necessary. Its only one game. And if you didn't like watching him play Life is Strange and you think Dashie is better, why wait until he posts the last episode of it? You obviously don't want to watch it. TheHustii thinks that its so bad that he wont ever be able to face himself in the mirror because of how he acted. He has been acting like that for quite a long time and he has been more successful than anyone else. CamiVoorhees is going to buy the entire game because Pewdiepie didn't do a good enough job on it. You can go watch someone else play it you know.

I feel like Pewdiepie isn't getting enough credit here. He simply wasn't interested in the game, when he is used to only choosing games he likes. But since everyone wanted to see more episodes, he put out more! He has made so many amazing videos and I think that you all could give him another chance. He has been sick for a while, and so that didn't help either. Maybe the last week or so wasn't perfect, he knows that we didn't like how he acted in the game, and he is going to try and fix it next time around. He always does. Instead of being upset about him not being interested in games he doesn't like, why dont you go and suggest him a new game better suited for him? It would be a lot more productive.
      I basically disagree with everything underlined. He did not talk/beatbox/edit necessary parts out/talk over the dialogues as much during the first 3 episodes as he did in the 4th episode. And he admitted long before and in this episode too that this game has the atmosphere that's chill and relaxing. Knowing that while still ruining the atmosphere (intentional or not) is not forgivable. Most other games do not have such feel to them so for me, it's more than fine to hear him talk all the time in other videos. But Life is Strange is a special occasion, it's not a game in which it is appropriate to beatbox randomly and talk over dialogues. I waited for him to post Episode 4 and especially part 2 of him playing it because every choice you choose in the game affects the outcomes and others who have played this game make different choices throughout the entire series. I watched him play the first three episodes so I know what has been done before . It hurts my brain to adapt to what has happened to the main characters while other people played it differently, that's why I waited for Pewds, so I don't need to watch someone else play the whole thing all over again because of one crappy episode.

The most ridiculous thing from your comment has to be the last two sentences I underlined. It doesn't take much to understand how much Pewds loves this game and if anyone thinks otherwise, something is wrong with them. BTW, he chose to upload the full playthrough of the first episode, and by doing that he should've known that the playthrough had to continue; if he started to dislike the game midway through, it's not anyone's fault for them to still like it and push him for more.
    • Guys why are we even judging the guy after all these awesome videos hes made. I mean yeah the jokes are getting cheesy and the beat boxing is annoying and random as hell but the guy is just trying to satisfy his fans. I'm sure their are thousands of people out their that don't mind all this but we're just over here judging him like we're his freakin creator.
    • Kawaii-diepie wrote:

Guys why are we even judging the guy after all these awesome videos hes made. I mean yeah the jokes are getting cheesy and the beat boxing is annoying and random as hell but the guy is just trying to satisfy his fans. I'm sure their are thousands of people out their that don't mind all this but we're just over here judging him like we're his freakin creator.
      There have been a lot of Youtubers, especially in the german community, who sold themselves because they wanted to satisfy everyone. I don't want him to do this for views or subscribers. I want him to do it for himself - that's what he did waay earlier, like 100 years ago in his oldest videos. He had a crappy english, he screamed like a girl, the video quality was crap and he did his "hi my name is peeeeeewdiepieeeee" intro, which was unique. I want this guy back who I subscribe to.

I don't want this to be a "Either you die young or you see yourself become someone else" type of thing.

I just don't want annoying beatboxing or hyped games be played while he doesn't enjoy them.
    • Lately pewds started playing more of non-hyped game , he balances the story based and hype based games very good.
      I mean he's playing both D4 and Life is Strange, he played Walking dead Season2 as soon as it came out and plays the new telltale Game of Thrones. But there must be some period of time when there is simply no time for him to sit down and play for 4-8 hours a day to make a playtrough of a big game, so he must do hype videos in between.
      Also idk what everybody's been talking about this so much lately , i've been subscribed to pewds for idk how long now, and i honestly don't see much difference from him then and now, except like better equipment. He played hype games back in the day along with story games.