Excessive content cutting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Excessive content cutting

In the past Pewds had no problem playing games, getting stuck in them or doing random stuff, and still releasing the whole video. Lately though it seems to me that his videos are becoming more like a TV show than a gaming channel, anything that he doesn't consider worthwhile is cut out, regardless of us who would gladly watch the whole gameplay. I don't know about the rest of you, but I got sad watching his Catherine let's play, where not only is a lot of content cut out, but it almost seems like he's purposely not playing anything besides what's necessary to advance the plot in order not to bore us or something. Sadly, it seems that Pewds is afraid that by doing exactly the same thing that made him so popular in the first place he will be making boring videos...

If there are enough bros who feel this way, maybe we can try and convince him to start using his other channel for putting out whole unedited videos there. I'd REALLY love to be able to watch Pewds in all his glory. It's very hard enjoying Pewdie when his videos are beggining to look like something made for people with attention deficit disorder. He was always at his best, IMO, while giving his random commentary on stuff while otherwise just normally playing the game as he would alone, but now it's almost like there is quota of jokes, punchlines and "awesome" things he needs to fill, and anything else is redundant.
    • ^100%.

Well not exactly... ^^ I basically agree with you but I think that *unedited* videos would still be boring for us.
      He has to find the right balance, and while I did work great on all his other videos, I am also a bit frustrated about Catherine where some puzzles were cut heavily.
      :brofist:
    • Piano wrote:

^100%.

Well not exactly... ^^ I basically agree with you but I think that *unedited* videos would still be boring for us.
      He has to find the right balance, and while I did work great on all his other videos, I am also a bit frustrated about Catherine where some puzzles were cut heavily.
      I understand, while I personally wouldn't mind watching whole unedited videos there are others who likely would. It would be ideal if he edited content the same way as during his Amnesia days. As far as I remember, the only things he edited out then were parts when he was stuck for a really long time, or when he had to redo things.

It's unfair, because while people who are bored can always skip parts, there is no button for us who would like to see it all. I'm afraid that Pewds consider his target demographic easily bored, and that he will probably never go back to the way he was. Using his Pewdie channel for less edited videos, on the other hand, would be a great solution for all. Not only would he have views from two videos of the same game instead of one, but he would also cater to more of his fans than he is now. Of course, I'm mainly talking here about the let's plays of the "real" games, I'm guessing that not many people mind him heavily editing games with almost no story and simple gameplay, like goat simulator and such.
    • Yeah, the cutting seems a little out of place at times. Going with the Catherine example I think it's okay when he cut out puzzle parts on which he's stuck, or else I'd lose my voice shouting "MOVE THE OTHER BLOCK PEWDS" at my screen. But then in some areas he'd get to the end of a stage, walk over to some sheep to talk and-pow!-suddenly he's leaving to the next stage. Why the cut? I totally wanted to know what the sheep said, and it couldn't have taken more than a minute.
      What's my secret ingredient? Duck tape of course!
    • Second that. Though personally, to me, up until now, other more recent playthroughs usually felt fine and didn't really seem too heavily edited. Actually, the same goes even for the first couple videos of the Catherine series as well – those still seemed fine to me.

But the more recent Catherine videos really did feel very rushed and, well, kind of... stressful? (I wonder if it's just the cuts, or if it's maybe also a little because Pewds actually is a bit stressed right now, with his upcoming book and all the stuff that goes along with it, on top of making and editing videos at his usual rate?)

Anyways, I really wish he didn't cut out or skip conversations, which I'm reasonably sure most bros would actually want to watch. I, for one, certainly find them very interesting and not boring in the least!

For my part, I would have even enjoyed watching some more of the puzzles :) Of course it makes sense that he cuts out passages where he really gets stuck or has to replay a part, but aside from that, even the puzzles felt a bit too heavily cut for my taste in the last few videos.
      Because I think it's usually always fun to watch when Pewds is doing it, simply because of the awesome commentary alone – I don't really mind if he's moving the right blocks or not :D
    • I'm not really a fan of Pewdie anymore, but that is mainly due to the way he does his videos nowadays. Not trying to hate, but I miss his older playthroughs. I know some users got into Pewdie's content back when he had 1,000,000 or less subs and he played games for fun/Fridays with Pewdiepie. Horror was also a good part of this equation. There is only so many horror games that exist, and so other games have to be a part of his channel. Some games like Lucius (idk game genre, so apologies) and Happy Wheels were well received by the viewers. However, games like the surgery games weren't that entertaining as other youtubers have already covered those games.

tbh, he should balance it with a mix of proper playthroughs without the edits and cuts and those weird videos he does every now and again.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • I agree too. I still watch his videos but it almost feels like a chore now. I dread checking his channel and seeing that one (or both) of the daily uploads is some 7 minute video that's actually 5 minutes not including the intro/outro, and more like 2-3 minutes of ACTUAL game play, cutting out all the random zoom ins of his face and random things like that. A couple of those things would be FINE, but his videos lately are edited like youtube poop videos or something.

I miss when I could just sit down and watch a 15-20+ minute episode that maybe only had a couple edits in it, and I could chill and enjoy "playing" a game with him.. He seems to abandon story based games he started and play phone apps and stuff now.
    • I've had my moments when I was on my pewdiepie high, but it never lasts long. I just can't do it anymore. I still watch his video when a buddy of mine comes over but only because he loves pewdiepie and laughs at every joke he makes, while I sit there looking like a grumpy old man who just wants those pesky kids to get off his frickin lawn. Sometimes I'm surprised I'm still subbed to him. There are only two people I watch on Youtube like it's my job anymore. Those two are Crayotic and SeaNanners. Always been a big fan of Cry ever since I first saw a video of him and pewds, but Cry's videos aren't the point of this post. I agree with you, I think he should go back to how he was when he used to play Amnesia and stuff. not saying play horror games but go back to making videos like he used to.

EDIT: *****We also need to remember it is not our channel, and if he chooses to go down this route with his channel and keep it the way it is we have to live with it.*****

When bubbles attack.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zed(Kiri): Added something. ().

• In that catherine lets play, im sure i remember him saying (not the exact words but the total statement) " im so into this game that i remain silent and forgot to comment" and also puzzle wise for me it's pretty boring to see him solve all way through while we watch. Catherine's good in story for me and that's what i was goin for. I got excited too in the first part i saw catherine but thr puzzles along the way bored me.

Well that aside, i think it's a good cut though. We ddnt miss any story (aside from that wrong upload he did on catherine haha) and it's a good way to not spoil the game since i want to play it (the puzzles) myself too after his playthrough.
    • I really agree with you. I feel like the videos are shorter than before, due to the fact that he "absolutely" wants to make 2 videos per day, to keep entertaining people. Maybe he got a whole lot more of subscribers when he began to make jokes 24h/24 etc, that's maybe the main reason he wants to keep doing jokes and be entertaining instead of playing to show us the games: maybe he thinks that people are here only to see his reactions, see him play and that maybe most of them don't care that much anymore about what game is being played. And that's kinda sad if I may say so.
      For instance, I got really disappointed when the 8th episode went out. There was no link between the previous video and this one, and since I really got into the story I knew something was missing. I had to go watch another video from someone else to see what happened during the day which was missing, before watching Pewds play. And I mean, why was it missing? It doesn't make sense. And that's when you think that maybe people are only here to see his reactions, not following the main story, just seeing if he got skills, and how he reacts when he fails. I mean, of course it's distracting, but damn lots of us are really interested into the story itself, and thats a shame to have to search elsewhere to find content that should have been in the video we were watching. There wasn't such an issue in the Corpse Party playthrough for instance. He didn't cut it, but it was another type of gameplay. In Catherine, it's normal to cut when he fails a lot and stuff. But he cut a whoooooole damn stage in the Catherine video. Montage error? I don't know. And since there was no update since yesterday, we can't truly know.
      I feel sometimes likes he's pushing himself to be funny or to do stupid things. Ok it's funny and all, but he can also be himself, idk. Thats why you love people, isn't it? For who they are. Maybe he got pressure because of his status of "most popular youtuber ever", but thats no reason. It would really be appreaciated if he would go back to how it was before. But people change, and maybe he likes it the way it is now. We can't do much apart from saying what we're thinking about this, but it won't change a lot :/
      Cool kids don't turn around when there is an explosion behind them.
      And if they're wearing glasses, it's even cooler.

• cutting scenes is what he wants to do bcuz all scenes that he cuts are boring that's why he's trying his best to keep his videos alive and funny on youtube, when i feel bored of watching his videos, i will discuss it in chat here on forums, also his videos are the most entertaining ones to me bcuz other youtubers don't edit in their videos a lot like pewds, he knows how to keep his fans smiling all time :brofist: