Game Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Game Suggestion

Hello bros, I would really love to see Pewds make a playthrough of Transistor.

Transistor is a game developed by Supergiant Games, who also developed Bastion. It is a linear game, so no open world stuff. However gameplay is really fun and it never gets dull. Combat system is really interesting, bringing turn based and real time combat together in a weird way.

Wikipedia entry:
      Transistor utilizes an isometric point of view. The player controls the character Red as she travels through a series of locations, battling enemies known collectively as the Process in both real-time combat and a frozen planning mode referred to as "Turn()". Using Turn() drains the action bar, which refills after a short delay. Until it is full again, Red cannot use Turn(), or almost any other ability. Red earns experience points after each battle, and may collect new powers (called Functions) from fallen victims of the Process.

Plot entry that covers only the first minute of the game:
      Red, a famous singer in a city called Cloudbank, is attacked by the Process, a robotic force commanded by a group called the Camerata. During the clash, she is transported all the way across Cloudbank and comes into possession of the mysterious Transistor—the great sword-like weapon she was to be assassinated with.

The first gameplay video that appears when I search it on YouTube, by VintageBeef. You can get an idea of the gameplay and the beautiful art style here as well as the amazing soundtrack.

As to how to get the game, store.steampowered.com/app/237930/ is the Steam link.
      The game was free for PS+ users on PS4 several months ago, might want to check it out before re-purchasing it. I also really recommend playing with a controller.