How do you guys deal with jealousy?

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I've seen jealousy completely destroy some relationships because both parties were putting restrictions on each other (don't sit with this girl, don't talk to this boy, phone check every week, etc)
      I think the best weapon against jealousy is communication, let your SO know when something is bothering you, and at that point the SO should be understanding and avoid things he/she knows makes you jealous.

I smack you with my petals
    • LilyWhite wrote:

I've seen jealousy completely destroy some relationships because both parties were putting restrictions on each other (don't sit with this girl, don't talk to this boy, phone check every week, etc)
      I think the best weapon against jealousy is communication, let your SO know when something is bothering you, and at that point the SO should be understanding and avoid things he/she knows makes you jealous.
      Really, phone checks? That borders a dictatorship.
      Visit my YouTube channel TerrionGaming !!
    • jpetri wrote:

I know couples who have each others facebook password so they can go in and check the messages. That's just stupid.
      The key to a healthy relationship is trust and honesty. If something bothers you, say so!
      I always tell this to people:
      "NEVER see you partner's Facebook. You'll be a happier couple because of this, trust me.
      Yes, I'm a dog. And I type.
      It's not that impressive when you see it in real life.
    • nashmishah wrote:

What if you already tell your partner that you are feeling insecure when she gets overly close with other boys, but the next time she did it anyway? What should I do?
      Draw the line. If she doesn't respect your wishes after talking about it, you both have a different idea about a relationship. Either talk it through, or draw the line.
    • I don't think you can actually get rid of jealousy, or it will require you to have a very large control over your feelings. You're definitely not the only one to react like that, I personally get jealous very easily, but I try to convince myself that I'm just having a dumb reaction, but I know it's not easy to contain jealousy :c
      FEED MEEEEEEEEEH
    • nashmishah wrote:

So, draw the line as in, break up? Pretty noob in this stuff.
      Nah, I think before definitely breaking up, you could just make a little break, like you're still together but not really as a "real" couple, you just keep your distance with her to see if you really should continue. If she doesnt make any efforts in this relationship, then it's not worth it :/
      Cool kids don't turn around when there is an explosion behind them.
      And if they're wearing glasses, it's even cooler.

• Thank you so much for your advices. I just wanna let you know that we're both "taking a break" from each other and I'm fine with it. Again, thank you and I hope this thread helped other people as well. Feel free to continue posting questions related to the question that I asked and me & the other members of the Forums will do our best to help you find the answers. :)

K. Peace out!
      ~Dash :)
    • Mairym wrote:

nashmishah wrote:

So, draw the line as in, break up? Pretty noob in this stuff.
      Nah, I think before definitely breaking up, you could just make a little break, like you're still together but not really as a "real" couple, you just keep your distance with her to see if you really should continue. If she doesnt make any efforts in this relationship, then it's not worth it :/
      exactly.
    • I get jealous pretty easily. But I've learned that communication is key; SO beating up whoever is flirting with my partner won't get me anywhere, but talking to them about it's affecting me will.
      Talking, listening, understanding, compromising and executing are all very important. You have to communicate your feelings and your thoughts, but you have to be willing to listen and take in everything your partner is saying, to understand what they mean. If there's a conflict it's imperative you come to a compromise and execute without fail any plans you've agreed on.
      And if your partner cares for you at all, he/she'll understand and will be willing to discuss this with you and help but you at ease. You have to be careful not to make it sound like you're not attempting to be trusting, though. It really hurts to find out someone you love doesn't trust your judgement and loyalty...

If he/she gets really defensive, it MAY mean that they're in an uncomfortable place. Usually this could mean that you have every right to be jealous and your partner isn't satisfied with your relationship. But don't read into this too much, because this might mean he/she's just really worried that you're going to end the relationship, too.

Another thing you can do is let it go, take a deep breath and just trust your partner to do what's right. Stay committed to the relationship and trust that they will do.

If you really can't be trusting or work things out, maybe it's better to set the relationship aside for a little while. Take a breather and get your priorities all figured out, then decide where you'd rather want him/her in your life. If you have any doubts that can't be worked out, well, maybe you guys are better off living your lives separately.

Not every relationship will work out, but always give your 105% when trying to make things work if you want your partner to try at all.
    • Hey, is being jealous normal or what? Because sometimes I do see people in a relationship but they don't seem to mind that their partner is getting close with other guys(or girls). Yes, I have heard that some people have tried to make their partner jelly by getting close to others, but did any of you really did that? If yes, why? I really want to understand it though (like legitly wanna know).
    • I think of it this way. I trust my girlfriend, I have no reason to be jealous because she wouldn't do anything bad. If she did, she was not the type of girl I should've been with from the beginning and I deserve better. Also, someone's boyfriend or girlfriend should tell the flirter that he or she is not available. This is sometimes hard because flirting isn't always obvious or the person being flirted on doesn't see it that way. My girlfriend got mad at me because a family friend of hers was talking to me and I just assumed she was trying to know me better so I kept the conversation going. She saw it as her flirting with me, I just saw it as a conversation. I know you can't change your mindset immediately, but I hope that helps.