Summer Food Ideas~

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Summer Food Ideas~

Yaay~ It is summer here in my country and it is so hot here!!! ><" Like, we could get cooked under the harsh sun! ><"""

But anyways, what is summer like in your area? What are the food that you eat traditionally or whatever you make in your country for the summer?

So hot here~
      ~ Pokemon Fans unite! ~

• Haha summers are universally hot right? XD

Summer in New Zealand is awesoooome. Because we're in the southern hemisphere summer is December to end of Feburary. It's not really a stuffy/humidity kind of hot but the sun is just super super hot. If you stood in the sun for more than 10 minutes and you weren't wearing sunscreen, you would sunburn and I'm not exaggerating.

People usually flock to the beach and eat fish and chips and ice cream all day :P Ironically even though it's so hot, barbecues are super popular in summer! It's because barbecues are an outdoor thing and winters are just too cold for that. So people will often have barbecues at their house with their friends and we'd all eat outside and drink beer or something lol. We'd usually have sausages, meat patties, onions and steak cooking on the barbecue. Salads are popular like leafy green salads, coleslaw and potato salad. We eat a lot of burgers as well. Cold drinks like milkshakes and slushies are popular too. Summer is when there's no school so everybody is really relaxed and everybody has fun! :D Summer is my favourite time of the year!