A Paradox ( Mind Bending QUESTION)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• A Paradox ( Mind Bending QUESTION)

A crocodile steals your son and promises to return him only if you can correctly guess what the crocodile will do with your son. Assuming the croc keeps its word, what would happen if you guessed that he wouldn’t return your son?. DISCUSS

NO COMMENT
    • If a croc stole my son, the son-of-a-bach better give him back!!! *spews profanities and inaudible words*

I don't like this question cuz..... That croc is going to be dead, so he better give me my son back or IT'S CROCODILE STEW TONIGHT!!!
      wonder if Ken knows any good ways to cook a croc....
      Eat your vegetables now <3
    • Easy, if you assume the crocodile would keep its word, it'd return the child. As stated, it'd only return the child of you guessed correctly what it'd do with the kid.Therefore, by cold logic, I can conclude that (assuming the croc will keep its word) if you guessed it correctly, it'd let him or her go.
    • Mystery wrote:

Easy, if you assume the crocodile would keep its word, it'd return the child. As stated, it'd only return the child of you guessed correctly what it'd do with the kid.Therefore, by cold logic, I can conclude that (assuming the croc will keep its word) if you guessed it correctly, it'd let him or her go.
      buuuut, the crocodile could easily trick you. If you say that the croc would do nothing to your child, he could say your wrong and eat him. if youd say that the croc was gonna eat him, he could still very easily say that he was actually going to return the child, and now has the child for dinner because you guessed wrong. What would you do if that happened?
      Drunk Security Guards - YouTube

"FUCK DA POLICE!
      FUCK DA POLICE!"
      "SCATTER!!!!!"

this video is just too perfect XD
    • Bonnie the Bunny wrote:

buuuut, the crocodile could easily trick you. If you say that the croc would do nothing to your child, he could say your wrong and eat him. if youd say that the croc was gonna eat him, he could still very easily say that he was actually going to return the child, and now has the child for dinner because you guessed wrong. What would you do if that happened?
      It's not harder than you think of it. If you're right, then he'd let your child go. If not, he's croc food. If you guessed that he wouldn't keep his word, then the assuming that he would keep it is false. Assuming he keeps his word, however, you can say he will always be true over his decisions. Therefore I can conclude that it's a fair deal. If you're right that he wasn't planning to return your child, then he'd need to give it back, no matter what he was planning to do because he needs to keep his word. If you're wrong, the child is gone. So this isn't really a paradox, it's more like a riddle that's asked very complicated. And sadly enough, Mys knows how to solve them.

/puzzle
    • He would return my son, because it would make sense to think that guessing what he will do to my son is what would happen to my son in the period of time where I attempt to guess what he will do to him. A crocodile can only either keep him in custody or kill him for whatever reason, (feeding itself/its kids) of course it could return a corpse to me as it never mentioned it would return him alive, but whatever. Logically, if he keeps his word and intends to return him alive, it would be the correct answer because what would happen while I'm trying to guess is he would be with him, and not with me, I.e: he does not return my son until I correctly guess. It would not make sense to do something to my son while he is with me, so he definitely meant doing something to my son while I am guessing.
      I just wasted over 20 minutes giving serious thought to this stupid question. Please kill me.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
      Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers