Trying to build my own gaming PC

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Trying to build my own gaming PC

So I am trying to build a High quality gaming pc (since building it yourself is a lot cheaper than having someone else pre build it :P) however I am in need of help with finding a good place or site I could go to for finding some higher quality parts , does anyone know a good one? thanks for all help recieved :3 (do note im still deciding on what I want in the build as I am still fairly new to building computers xD)
      Um yeah I think words should go here :3
    • skyrim is a game with a powerful game engine and run very smooth on any pc but for a game like Watch dogs or AC Unity if you want to run in 60 FPS or more you have to build a high-end PC gaming.
      it's different, for example a co-op game like Left4Dead2 has a awsome and powerful graphic engine (source) and Runs the game on the best visual qualty with more than 60 FPS. but a game like Cod advanced warfare with IW engine can't even run the game with TXAA anti-aliasing. if you just want to play a game like Skyrim with a PC, you don't need to buy a new PC.
      DEDSECali.b Is Watching You 8->
      DONT TRY TO HIDE FROM HIM!
      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<°°°°°°••••••°°°°°>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ????????¿?????????¿??????????¿?????????¿??????????¿??????????¿?????????¿???
    • DEDSECali.b wrote:

skyrim is a game with a powerful game engine and run very smooth on any pc but for a game like Watch dogs or AC Unity if you want to run in 60 FPS or more you have to build a high-end PC gaming.it's different, for example a co-op game like Left4Dead2 has a awsome and powerful graphic engine (source) and Runs the game on the best visual qualty with more than 60 FPS. but a game like Cod advanced warfare with IW engine can't even run the game with TXAA anti-aliasing. if you just want to play a game like Skyrim with a PC, you don't need to buy a new PC.
      Haha the Watch dogs and AC Unity example works well for this situation (I was only using skyrim as an example since I couldnt think of anything else at the time) but yeah I want games like Dying light and Far Cry 4 which need a real good computer to play well to run smoothly on at least 60 fps with full graphic quality for my comp im building :P
    • I built my PC last month, and I bought parts from Newegg and Amazon.
      If you need help choosing parts, ask me and tell us you budget please.
      You could also look on sites like Best Buy and TigerDirect.
      All the sites sell stuff for pretty cheap so search around - especially on Newegg since it always has bundles.
      I would recommend a GTX 980, i5, 12/16GB RAM for high end gaming.
      <<<SR>>>

Sup Slendy?
      DIE POTATTO :thumbup:

Source Code

=| WTF is this
    • Sach McFunny wrote:

I built my PC last month, and I bought parts from Newegg and Amazon.If you need help choosing parts, ask me and tell us you budget please.
      All the sites sell stuff for pretty cheap so search around - especially on Newegg since it always has bundles.
      well Im still savng a bit more money but my budget is going to be around 900 dollars so I can have really high quality parts.
    • Tyrantking6 wrote:

Sach McFunny wrote:

I built my PC last month, and I bought parts from Newegg and Amazon.If you need help choosing parts, ask me and tell us you budget please.
      well Im still savng a bit more money but my budget is going to be around 900 dollars so I can have really high quality parts.
      Bro I personally think you would need $1500 to get really high quality parts.
      Only my opinion. Do you edit videos or anything? If not, you could save some money and get an i5 instead of an i7. Maybe get 8GB/12GB RAM, GTX 980 and a cheap case.
      <<<SR>>>

Sup Slendy?

Source Code

=| WTF is this
    • Sach McFunny wrote:

Tyrantking6 wrote:

Sach McFunny wrote:

Bro I personally think you would need $1500 to get really high quality parts.Only my opinion. Do you edit videos or anything? If not, you could save some money and get an i5 instead of an i7. Maybe get 8GB/12GB RAM, GTX 980 and a cheap case.
      well 1500 I can probably end up doing just didnt think it would be that high xD but yeah I do intend to edit videos once I figure out the workings of my video capture thing xD.
    • Tyrantking6 wrote:

Sach McFunny wrote:

Tyrantking6 wrote:

Sach McFunny wrote:

Bro I personally think you would need $1500 to get really high quality parts.Only my opinion. Do you edit videos or anything? If not, you could save some money and get an i5 instead of an i7. Maybe get 8GB/12GB RAM, GTX 980 and a cheap case.
      well 1500 I can probably end up doing just didnt think it would be that high xD but yeah I do intend to edit videos once I figure out the workings of my video capture thing xD.
      1500$ should be perfect. i7 would be more expensive but worth it. I would go for an i7 and 16GB RAM, maybe a GTX 970/980.
      The rest it doesn't matter too much, just personal opinion.
      <<<SR>>>

Sup Slendy?

Source Code

=| WTF is this
    • Sach McFunny wrote:

Tyrantking6 wrote:

Sach McFunny wrote:

Tyrantking6 wrote:

Sach McFunny wrote:

1500$ should be perfect. i7 would be more expensive but worth it. I would go for an i7 and 16GB RAM, maybe a GTX 970/980.The rest it doesn't matter too much, just personal opinion.
      yeah xD
    • Well since your budget is now $1500 I've whipped up something here that will run games very well. Now I'm assuming from the US but if you're not I will post the same build for UK
      Intel Core i5-4690K, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X (2-Way CrossFire), Phanteks Enthoo Pro - System Build - PCPartPicker (US)
      Intel Core i5-4690K, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X (2-Way CrossFire), Phanteks Enthoo Pro - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom (UK)
      Builds for CA and Australia (probably not as powerful as the top 2, so I'm hoping you're from the UK or US lol):
      Intel Core i5-4690K, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970, Silverstone KL05B-Q - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada (Canada)
      Intel Core i5-4690K, Asus Radeon R9 290, Cooler Master N600 Windowed - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia (Australia)

Now these builds will run very well.
    • DON'T buy the i7, it is much more expensive for not to much performance gain, any decent i5 will be good for you. Also do you need an OS, monitor, mouse and keyboard and is this included in your budget? And do you want a specific case, one you can easily go out with for instance.
    • I just recently bought a new PC for 1400 euros (about 1500$) and it's been working smoothly on max with every game so far, without setting 4k resolution though :P.

So, this is what I got:
      Fractal Design, Define R5 (very charismatic case which has special silence properties along with better than average cooling capabilities)
      Chieftec 700W Smart Series (not much to say, it's Chieftec so it's good quality :))
      Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2
      Intel Core i5-4690 (runs very well with everything)
      Cooler Master HYPER T4, CPU Cooler
      Kingston, 8GB, DDR3, 1866MHz, CL10, Kit of 2, HyperX Fury Black (I like the plug and play function of thsi RAM, that I didn't need to go in to bios to have it work with the motherboard at 1866Mhz)
      Giga Byte, GeForce GTX 970, 4GB, GDDR5, WindForce 3X OC (again, not much to say here, it's a 970 so it works great and I love Gigabyte's awesome huge fans:D)
      Kingston, SSDNow V300, 120GB (For the needed boot speed, of course)
      Seagate, 2TB, 7200rpm, 64MB, Sata III, Barracuda (everything goes here, keep the SSD as clean as possible)

I hope this helps. :)