The befores and afters =/

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The befores and afters =/

If pewds ever reads this, I'm just inputting a simple opinion.

I kinda miss the old long series games. I get that pewds is trying to encourage the smaller community of game makers/indie makers/flash/unity games and all, but I really do miss those long horror or anything games series. Heck, I even was waiting for the "life is strange" series to play. that seemed interesting even for a demo (?) Even the corpse party one was entertaining with all those disturbing CG images in game. Seriously we need more longer series ones.
      I really do miss those long 20min+ videos.

That was when it was entertaining funny, and made me smile. not really the senseless random 5 minute games.

Does anyone agree with me? :c
    • I feel he might have shot himself in the foot. He started making these short videos that he could then heavily edit which is easy and quick. The editing made it funny more often than not. The shorter videos, even with heavy editing are easier to make and can be cranked out at a faster pace since many fans seem to go into cardiac arrest when he doesn't post at least one video a day. I remember him mentioning in passing for the longer videos such as some of the dark souls ones that it took forever for them to render or upload or whatever else. Plus going through all the footage has to be a nightmare (you have to re-watch everything you just experienced which is beyond boring I would imagine). He's obviously getting burned out and I completely understand where he's coming from in those regards. He's just one guy with a very demanding fanbase. So you either get quantity or quality. It's nearly impossible to get both.
    • All good things must come to an end at some point. There's no denying that. The reason he became popular (imo) was because of his connection to the games he played in the past. Especially Amnesia, because that was the game that really got his channel going. The reaction from the people who first watched his channel from this point stuck around and continued to watch him, undoubtedly sharing his videos with friends and family.

That being said, that was before the edits were used and the increase in swearing. I wouldn't mind the swearing if it wasn't paired with jokes about stuff that should not be joked about. But hey, that's just me view
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • I miss the longer series as well. But fortunately Pewds is now playing Catherine and I really like that game so far. ^^

As for the editing: I'm not so much a fan of the (over)edited video's like Bloodborn. They take a long time to make because he compressed hours of footage into videos that are only a couple minutes long.
      Personally I like footage less edited (like the Catherine series now) because I feel more of a connection. It feels more like you are experiencing the gameplay together with Felix, instead of simply watching a funny video.

But hey, I still love the channel! A combination between shorts gameplay video's and longer series would be great though. But most importantly Felix should also do what he likes to do, because when he loses passion, his channel probably won't be enjoyable for us either.. :brofist:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Corine ().

• T-Luminareth wrote:

He's just one guy with a very demanding fanbase. So you either get quantity or quality. It's nearly impossible to get both.
      I agree with you. Long-time bros though should understand that he's not some youtube gamer anymore with just 10000 subscribers but the most successful one like we all know. I too miss his old video format, like the 20min long and not heavily edited videos with casual impromptu reactions, but we must also be considerate that due to the changing times, I mean new viewing habits, a growing fanbase, new trending ideas on gaming, an increasing number of videogame commentators, etc. he needed to make some adjustments on his contents to stay original, engaging, competitive and updated. I bet (and I'm very sure) he studied very well the analytics on his channel and come to realize that many viewers have short attention span and demanded highly condensed and edited humourous videos, which demonstrate that he also knows how to listen to his bros' requests and to please them. I'm certain he's fully aware that some bros also miss his old style of making videos so he tries to make some of them like the old times, from time to time. Oh, and let's not forget that he's doing most (if not all) of this all by himself, which is truly amazing and is worth mentioning in this case. I agree on the swearing part, maybe he needs to punish himself more than the last time he electrocuted himself :P Anyways, as long as he's happy with his pace on doing videos and not compromise his personal space, we bros should appreciate him more on how he tries extremely hard to have and maintain this connection with everyone, the old and new bros. We're supposed to not tell him what he needs to do but let him do what he think is best for the bros especially for himself. :brofist:
    • gamer_rye wrote:

T-Luminareth wrote:

He's just one guy with a very demanding fanbase. So you either get quantity or quality. It's nearly impossible to get both.
      I agree with you. Long-time bros though should understand that he's not some youtube gamer anymore with just 10000 subscribers but the most successful one like we all know. I too miss his old video format, like the 20min long and not heavily edited videos with casual impromptu reactions, but we must also be considerate that due to the changing times, I mean new viewing habits, a growing fanbase, new trending ideas on gaming, an increasing number of videogame commentators, etc. he needed to make some adjustments on his contents to stay original, engaging, competitive and updated. I bet (and I'm very sure) he studied very well the analytics on his channel and come to realize that many viewers have short attention span and demanded highly condensed and edited humourous videos, which demonstrate that he also knows how to listen to his bros' requests and to please them. I'm certain he's fully aware that some bros also miss his old style of making videos so he tries to make some of them like the old times, from time to time. Oh, and let's not forget that he's doing most (if not all) of this all by himself, which is truly amazing and is worth mentioning in this case. I agree on the swearing part, maybe he needs to punish himself more than the last time he electrocuted himself :P Anyways, as long as he's happy with his pace on doing videos and not compromise his personal space, we bros should appreciate him more on how he tries extremely hard to have and maintain this connection with everyone, the old and new bros. We're supposed to not tell him what he needs to do but let him do what he think is best for the bros especially for himself. :brofist:
      :brofist: :brofist: :brofist:
    • gamer_rye wrote:

T-Luminareth wrote:

Yeah, I don't hate him. He has evolved, and that's not something bad.
      I wouldn't consider him especially original now, but I only say that because he changed youtube, and so lots of other people followed his footsteps.
      I don't think his videos are bad, by any means. What I loved were the sincere reactions, the immense jumpscares and the casualty.
      Again, he might come back to that. He will evolve more, still.
      I'm just happy he lets his full personality shine through, and that he is having fun.
      Overall, I'll just wait and see what his future would be like.

Oh, and about the attention span thing; very true. Videos on youtube are becoming shorter and shorter. I even see some you tubers apologizing for making videos that are in depth.
      Yes, I'm a dog. And I type.
      It's not that impressive when you see it in real life.