Mod abuse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Max I didnt make this thread to complain about me getting muted. I was bringing up the issue of the mods being abusive and sometimes letting people off some very direct and abusive comments said to people. Also the fact that the mods seem to break most of the rules when they should be setting the example. Anyway Ectre is changing a few things and mystery has been made a mod so hopefully this will help the issue
  • Oh, this Democracy vs. Dictatorship thing is still on? o3o
    Well, Democracy you people propose wouldn't last a day.

Anyway, all that aside, I watched this thread for a while and the reason I didn't comment anything is because I find my reaction to the situation that day fully legitimate and suitable at that point therefore have no need to bring out any apologies because of it. Make of that what you want. I believe I am tolerable enough to a lot of crap that goes on around, taking that many of you are hyperactive teenagers that judge by their own, highly subjective opinion on the matter. If it was for me or other team members judging by our personal opinion on matter, some users would be muted or banned 24/7 just cause we want them to be. THAT is called the "mod abuse" if you'd like.

I am not going to whine about how it is from time to time stressful to deal with people around here, trying to figure out what the hell are they're all about, predict the trouble and all that stuff, because nothing says I HAVE to do this. I do it because I love it...or because I am a sick masochistic. Depends on one's view ;3 Besides, this community contains fans/users from 10 to 30 years old (approx.). If you were by any chance to elect people and decide how things would be done here, do you really think an entire community of that age span would agree on a matter? Team exists to decide on things because they see the entire picture and do not go for what they would like but what would be acceptable for all. As @Ectre said, it would be impossible and ridiculous. This is a gaming community, not a Senate. Come on now.

Long story short, all had been said before, and I do not want to repeat it and make this go on any further. Let us just hope this is the last thing something like this happen. And for that to have any chance of achieving, I would suggest you take "argument to PM" part of the rules seriously. I have seen a part about the "influence on mods" somewhere around before. I dare to say, it has nothing to do with the influence. If we are on the same page, there will be a mutual respect. As much as I would love to give everyone as much respect and tolerance they think they deserve, that is not possible. But one way or another, ranting about it doesn't do any good. Healthy conversation is always welcome.
    On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
  • Bonnie the Bunny wrote:

Ritual the only problem with taking an argument to PM is it doesn't get solved. the people arguing could be at it for days.. weeks.. months.. until one of them finally just leaves or reports the person.

Fair enough. If that is too hard to handle, then contacting a team member present (or willing to help with it) would be a better option. Not only with what happened the last time but ANY argument will never end in a good matter if it is thrown just like that between other people that think they know the best solution to it. It will always turn in a pile of ranting even for the things that have nothing to do with the present problem. The less people are involved, the better. Plus, the judgment will eb more realistic without other influencing the decision because, in the end, team members are those to decide who gets the "dunce" hat.
    On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
  • This still happens today. Also there the fact that Ritual Lobotomy muted edd just so that she could "stop the argue" pisses me even more. If you want to deal with others, Ritual, Why don't you just PM them rather than muting other people in the chat so you could whine more in the chat to try cool it down? In that case as I've seen in Ectre's screenshot you should've at least say to everyone in the chat and make your own statement on the matter. But muting people so you could freely talk in it is just a DICK way to go. Honestly quite stupid.
    Kudos to edd. I admire him, especially because he happened to be a person like me who seeks justice. It's about time to get to the bottom of this because I see too many butt-licking people who just kiss mods' asses no matter what just to get attention and love like typical fangirls. This is just absurd.

Also it seems there's still no proper mute/ban timer penalty, so get that working because Mystery is just muting me for how much he desires. He also muted me for whole hour just by asking him to mute me for fun (I expected to be a 5 minute or few seconds).
  • Ger0nimo wrote:

This still happens today. Also there the fact that Ritual Lobotomy muted edd just so that she could "stop the argue" pisses me even more. If you want to deal with others, Ritual, Why don't you just PM them rather than muting other people in the chat so you could whine more in the chat to try cool it down? In that case as I've seen in Ectre's screenshot you should've at least say to everyone in the chat and make your own statement on the matter. But muting people so you could freely talk in it is just a DICK way to go. Honestly quite stupid.
    Kudos to edd. I admire him, especially because he happened to be a person like me who seeks justice. It's about time to get to the bottom of this because I see too many butt-licking people who just kiss mods' asses no matter what just to get attention and love like typical fangirls. This is just absurd.

Also it seems there's still no proper mute/ban timer penalty, so get that working because Mystery is just muting me for how much he desires. He also muted me for whole hour just by asking him to mute me for fun (I expected to be a 5 minute or few seconds).
    Your case had nothing even remotely similar to Eddie's. TBH you were being annoying, especially the day you first popped up in chat, but Mys spared you probably because you were a newcomer.

Besides, you were literally asking to be muted. And then you got muted. So why are you whining?

BTW who are the people butt-licking mods?
    Yes, I'm a dog. And I type.
    It's not that impressive when you see it in real life.
  • Was taking your reply seriously up until you started lying. You got muted for insulting a mod in chat.

Also, muting the source of the problem is ultimately the best solution, especially since that particular source likes to talk & start flame wars. The prime example being this bloody thread.

• Ger0nimo had an old account that was banned due to his childish reaction to a server shutdown that deleted some accounts, one of them belonging to a girl he wanted to roleplay in chat with.
    Just to clear things up a bit.
    All the other issues have or are being taken care of.