cybernetic enhancements, would you use them if you could?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• cybernetic enhancements, would you use them if you could?

So I was talking In the chat when a friend mentioned virtual reality that needed a link with the neural system and I mentioned how you would need a device that was already connected that could act as a port and grant easy access to the neural system they acted like an operation like that was worth it and that they would do it but I was not sure so that gave me the question: would you want a cybernetic enhancement? would you modify your body just because? ?(
      I guess my answer is no I mean what ever I do I wan't it to be me and not thanks to a machine or a program.........but still how many people would actually made modifications to it's body just for fun?
      <3 Life Loves you <3
    • Well personally for me, I wouldn't modify my body for fun; rather for medical or emergency purposes. For example, let's say when you are at war and a bomb goes off infront of you and you are in a critical condition. Just like Terminator 4, replacing half your body with a cybernetic enhancement (in this case a robot part) will actually help you live. Of course it would be interesting to have cybernetic enhancements in your body; however, I would not like to do it for fun because of the fact that doing it for fun might cause greater risks for you.

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• Yeah I prefer to keep my body as it is. I mean ok It would be cool to have cybernetic enhancements but only out of need. If I were to lose a hand or leg anyways then I would say: "Bring that bionic arm right now". Cause I don't think it's a good idea to cut split your hand just for "fun" :P