cybernetic enhancements, would you use them if you could?

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• cybernetic enhancements, would you use them if you could?

So I was talking In the chat when a friend mentioned virtual reality that needed a link with the neural system and I mentioned how you would need a device that was already connected that could act as a port and grant easy access to the neural system they acted like an operation like that was worth it and that they would do it but I was not sure so that gave me the question: would you want a cybernetic enhancement? would you modify your body just because? ?(
      I guess my answer is no I mean what ever I do I wan't it to be me and not thanks to a machine or a program.........but still how many people would actually made modifications to it's body just for fun?
      <3 Life Loves you <3
    • Well personally for me, I wouldn't modify my body for fun; rather for medical or emergency purposes. For example, let's say when you are at war and a bomb goes off infront of you and you are in a critical condition. Just like Terminator 4, replacing half your body with a cybernetic enhancement (in this case a robot part) will actually help you live. Of course it would be interesting to have cybernetic enhancements in your body; however, I would not like to do it for fun because of the fact that doing it for fun might cause greater risks for you.

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• Yeah I prefer to keep my body as it is. I mean ok It would be cool to have cybernetic enhancements but only out of need. If I were to lose a hand or leg anyways then I would say: "Bring that bionic arm right now". Cause I don't think it's a good idea to cut split your hand just for "fun" :P