What do you think of LGBT people & rights?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• What do you think of LGBT people & rights?

As a LGBT person myself, I have always had a strong opinion on LGBT people and their rights ever since I knew what the word "gay" really meant. What do you think of the world and how they treat LGBT people? What are your opinions on the major countries and their response to LGBT people and their rising campaign for marriage rights?
    • Well, I really don't give a shit if two people of the same sex married each other, but I don't see why it should be regarded as 'normal' in society (ie teach it to kids in school, get more gay couples in movies, etc.) Because since they claim being gay is completely normal, there's no reason to do that because it'll just make kids grow up while being insecure about their sexuality. If it truly is normal, and gay people are born gay, then we should leave the kid alone until they become sexually mature and decide for themselves.

Transgender people though, are a different story. From what I gathered, they are people who believe they are, for example, 'a girl born into a boy's body'. That's like saying I'm an astronaut trapped in a fat NEET's body, or 6'3" born into a 5'9" body. I actually had a phase once where I thought I should've been a girl. Needless to say, it was bad. Very bad. Don't even get me started on people who have 'preferred pronouns'
      I'm not going to go too much into detail about my opinion, but if transgender stuff somehow became normal in society, I am immediately going to kill myself. That should give the general idea.
      Please, just be what ever you want, but don't try to make it normal. If you're upset about people saying "You're a WHAT?" When you tell them you're whateverthefuckyoumadeup sexual, you should see why it's not normal. I'm looking at you, tumblr SJWs.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
      Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
    • I don't really agree with you but you do have a good point. I wasn't really focusing on the normality of different sexualities/transexuals but it's a good topic to be raised.

People often 'overcompensate' for things like homosexual couples and movies and whatnot. They same thing happened with racism - when people were trying to include black people in movies and make them wise and faultless. The problem with homosexual issues in the world is that people are either overcompensating for it and therefore not making it normal or completely hating on the idea of it. In my opinion, gay couples should be treated the same way as straight couples in society, meaning that in school, it shouldn't be something that has to be explained. If a gay couple appears in a story or whatnot, it should be accepted how it is, the same way that the average straight couple is automatically accepted.

The subject of transgenders isn't one that I can really give a valid opinion on, because I have never experience the feeling that I should've been born another gender. Whilst it is different to be being gay, bisexual, lesbian, asexual etc, it is similar in a way. Telling a transgender that they shouldn't have changed/shouldn't change gender is like telling a gay person not to like the same sex. They can't change the way the feel and think, it's a part of who they are. You said you had a phase where you thought you should've been a girl but I'm pretty sure that transgenders don't have phases. They feel that they should've been born in the other gender's body for nearly or all of their whole life. Preferred pronouns can be annoying and it's understandable but if a boy feels he/she should've been a girl and they dress up as a girl or have undergone operations and all that stuff, then they should be called a girl. It's similar to when someone pronounces your name wrong and you correct them.

I don't expect transgender things to become normal because it is something that not everyone experiences. I am only hoping it becomes accepted because they shouldn't be mistreated just because they were born in the wrong body, and I do believe that they were born in the wrong body and because they can change to be who they are supposed to be, it's a good thing. It's okay that you're not comfortable with transgenders though. The idea of people changing to a boy when they're "supposed" to be a girl and vice versa is pretty confronting and everyone's entitled to their opinion.

So, to conclude, I am not trying to make LGBT people seem normal. They're different and I want people to acknowledge that and accept them in society.
    • I don't think it's possible to treat gays the same way as straights, like you said in movies and stories. Blacks and homosexuals are very different. Even if it was possible, that'd be a big mistake since many kids will get confused about their sexuality and no parent who isn't gay is going to be very happy about his kid 'expirementing' with the same sex or coming out as gay. I say just let them grow up, and if the kid is like "man what the fuck man I think I don't even like girls" then someone should explain to them that they are gay.

Also I like to think that such high levels of degeneracy like transsexuals and 'pedosexuals' and high levels of hipster shit like asexuality are not a problem to society yet so I shouldn't worry too much.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
    • Well that's your opinion and it's fine. I suppose that you're straight if you think that. And it's really upsetting that you think gays should be treated the same way as straight people because they are just two people with different sexualities. Yes, they should be regarded differently because they are different but they should be treated regardless of their sexuality but by who they are as a person. Whether they're straight or not is a part of them but that doesn't mean that they should be treated only regarding their sexuality. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Yes, of course black people and homosexuals are different entirely but what I was trying to get at is that people were judged for their race before and now they're being judged for their sexuality. I'm not asking for kids to be taught you can like girls or guys. I just want people to be able to like who they like. They shouldn't be told about gay or straight people but if they like a guy, they can like a guy and if they like a girl, they can like a girl. I don't think straight should be regarded as the normal sexuality and then if you're gay it's still okay but you're not normal. I want it to be that your sexuality doesn't matter.

Also it's really sad that you think of them as degenerates. They're people just like you and me and you have no right to treat them like that. In terms of problems to society, I think your attitude towards them is a much bigger problem than they will ever be.
    • Okie lemme speak now. Zarah, first of all, when you said,

"I don't think it's possible to treat gays the same way as straights" and "Blacks and homosexuals are very different",

I wanted to point out that everyone, no matter what their sexual preference is or their race is, all people are the same. I have no idea what religion you believe in but if you believe in Christianity, in the Bible, Galatians 3:28 states,

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

However, if you are not Christian like me, Thomas Jefferson once said,

“All men are created equal.”

Second of all, Zarah, when you said,

"I'm not going to go too much into detail about my opinion, but if transgender stuff somehow became normal in society, I am immediately going to kill myself."

you are telling us that people who are transgender should not get the same rights that normal people in society are getting. I do not know what kind of people make up this "normal" group of yours but I think that you are being a bit bias. Of course I understand that it is your opinion; however, telling us that you would kill yourself if transgender stuff became normal in society is something that can and will offend many people who believe that it is a person's choice whether or not he or she wants to be transsexual or not.

Lastly Zarah, you said,

" If it truly is normal, and gay people are born gay, then we should leave the kid alone until they become sexually mature and decide for themselves. "

Again, I do not know what makes up the "normal" group in your case; however, I know that no one is born gay or bisexual or lesbian or transsexual or etc. However, you shouldn't judge that the LGBT are not normal because it may provoke more arguments to come.

P.S. When you said,

"When you tell them you're whateverthefuckyoumadeup sexual, you should see why it's not normal. I'm looking at you, tumblr SJWs."

That is pretty rude. No one makes up sexuality and I can't stress enough of how you consider being "normal" is. Please don't say "whateverthefuckyoumadeup sexual"

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• Eric I love your essay.
      So I think everyone should be treated equally - but I am respecting people's opinions as well because I don't want hate :) This world was created like that and there is absolutely no problem with the original world. Well, the way people were educated makes a big difference in their opinions and beliefs so people will argue over what is right or wrong. What I think is though, that each human being has their own ways, an equal amount of rights and respect. Nobody should downsize another just because of their sexuality because they are still human. They just think a little differently in their preferences to what the majority of the world are. What if the majority of people were a different sexuality like gay? How would people think then? They may think that being straight is weird then. Yes? No? Well that's just my opinion.
    • derpilivi_01 wrote:

Eric I love your essay.
      So I think everyone should be treated equally - but I am respecting people's opinions as well because I don't want hate :) This world was created like that and there is absolutely no problem with the original world. Well, the way people were educated makes a big difference in their opinions and beliefs so people will argue over what is right or wrong. What I think is though, that each human being has their own ways, an equal amount of rights and respect. Nobody should downsize another just because of their sexuality because they are still human. They just think a little differently in their preferences to what the majority of the world are. What if the majority of people were a different sexuality like gay? How would people think then? They may think that being straight is weird then. Yes? No? Well that's just my opinion.

Of course ^^ and bringing up the topic of opinion, I do understand Meringue's, Zarah's, and Derpy's opinions. However, I do not think that stating your opinions and criticizing other's opinions is a good idea. Stating your opinions is good; I don't have any problem with it. However, talking nasty stuff about others' opinions, I do have a problem with. This goes for the same with the LGBT arguments going around in the rest of the world. I do accept the people's opinions who do not support the LGBT and how if this happens, then we won't have many offsprings produced, causing higher death rates than birth rates. However, as a straight person, I have also accepted the people's opinions who support the LGBT and now, as a full supporter of the LGBT, I do think the LGBT also has understandable and logical opinions as well, such as all people are equal and can choose whomever they want to fall in love with.

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• I would treat people how they want to be treated unless that person is my friend then I am going to treat them how I like to treat them If a guy want's to be a woman then I would treat her as such we shouldn't talk to the carcass called body we should talk to the person within that body so what i am trying to say is I don't care of what you are made of what I do care is what kind of person you are, and people shouldn't be treated the same everyone is different there isn't a single person in my life that I treat "normally"
      <3 Life Loves you <3
    • "I wanted to point out that everyone, no matter what their sexual preference is or their race is, all people are the same."
      True. But when I say 'normal' I mean society's 'normal'. Which is being straight. And you shouldn't care about that. But getting used to gays in society is going to be hard because of all the conflicting opinions. Times change, though. Maybe one day it'll be normal, just like how blacks became normal. Keep in mind though many people still hate blacks.

"you are telling us that people who are transgender should not get the same rights that normal people in society are getting. I do not know what kind of people make up this "normal" group of yours but I think that you are being a bit bias. Of course I understand that it is your opinion; however, telling us that you would kill yourself if transgender stuff became normal in society is something that can and will offend many people who believe that it is a person's choice whether or not he or she wants to be transsexual or not."

That's because they don't demand normal rights, or rights that are very easy to give to them. Let's ignore the people who don't get a sex change, and focus on the ones who do. They demand that I for example treat a MtF transgender as a real female. Of course I can't do this. Just that it has a hole that represents a vagina now (Do some research on that by the way, holy shit.) doesn't mean that they're a woman. Lots of the things I like about females aren't there, and just knowing that this person used to be man makes it very hard.
      Now, the ones who don't. Of course this is much more different, but still the same: If I am a 5'6" male, and told you that since I consider myself a 6'3" woman, you must treat me as such as in don't scream when I enter the girl's bathroom and to look above me when speaking to me because I am 6'3", despite being a male and 5'6", and that if you don't do that you're oppressing me, what would you think?

"I know that no one is born gay or bisexual or lesbian or transsexual or etc"
      I never looked too much into this, but I seem to recall actual gay people claiming that people don't simply just 'become' gay.

"That is pretty rude. No one makes up sexuality and I can't stress enough of how you consider being "normal" is. Please don't say "whateverthefuckyoumadeup sexual"

I was referring to how many sexuality's are being created. It's unofficial, but right now you could call it LGBTPPQA. That's a bit ridiculous don't you think?
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
    • "Times change, though. Maybe one day it'll be normal, just like how blacks became normal. Keep in mind though many people still hate blacks."

Of course there will still be hate towards people. White people are hated just along with black people any other race and that is because humans are faulted. The same type of thing is going to happen with gays but all I'm trying to do is appeal to people who actually have common sense and don't hate someone for the people they like or what gender they choose to be.

"That's because they don't demand normal rights, or rights that are very easy to give to them. Let's ignore the people who don't get a sex change, and focus on the ones who do. They demand that I for example treat a MtF transgender as a real female. Of course I can't do this. Just that it has a hole that represents a vagina now (Do some research on that by the way, holy shit.) doesn't mean that they're a woman. Lots of the things I like about females aren't there, and just knowing that this person used to be man makes it very hard."

First of all, you should treat them as a female if that's what they want. Regardless of whether they get a sex change or not, they're asking you to call them a female or a male and that's not really that hard. They're not asking a very difficult thing of you. So I don't see why you can't do that. Maybe they're not a "natural" woman in your view but they've still undergone things because they believe they were supposed to be a woman, so at least give them some respect. You don't have to like them and you don't have to associate with them but you shouldn't go around saying that they shouldn't be the way they are and that you don't like them.

"If I am a 5'6" male, and told you that since I consider myself a 6'3" woman, you must treat me as such as in don't scream when I enter the girl's bathroom and to look above me when speaking to me because I am 6'3", despite being a male and 5'6", and that if you don't do that you're oppressing me, what would you think? "

Of course it is a bit ridiculous for a male to change his height to something it's not, but do people actually do that? As far as I know, most transgenders or people who feel they should be the other gender don't do that sort of thing. I can't answer what public bathroom a transgender should use if they're not actually sex-changed. Yes you're right about the height difference but I think that those situations are pretty rare.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just think you're being pretty rude considering you haven't gone through anything that they have. It's pretty ridiculous for you to say all these things as a straight male who has no worries of what society thinks about his sexuality or gender.
    • You're right actually. It's not very hard to just call them a her and hide my dislike. Keep in mind I am a very rude person, and I like to speak what I think. It's very unlikely I'll meet a trans person anyway.
      I'll stop arguing now since I feel like I'm just trying to justify my hate. Also the height thing was kind of a joke man, just referring to how ridiculous some of them are.

You're wrong though, I do have to hide from society's eyes every single day in my own way, but It's unrelated to sexuality.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
    • Zarah It's ok man. Of course it's our own opinions. We don't judge. And I feel you Zarah. I am a Hikikomori myself in school and has had many problems in life in regards to stress. We're all in the same path ^^ but just be optimistic and stay happy and healthy and you're going to be fine. ^^

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• Fair reminder time...

This is an Off Topic section where you are allowed to talk about all the things you want. Just have in mind the rules about non discrimination go here as well. As long as this thread contains a healthy topic discussion, it will exist on this site as any other thread. However, the first time we see the hating message of any kind, you will be in trouble. If more than one person proceed with the inappropriate replies and it turns into a, let us say "my middle finger is longer" kind of argument, entire thread will be shut down.

Thank you ;3
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!