Pewdiepie and the walktroughs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Pewdiepie and the walktroughs

Ive been a bro for a loooong time now, when I first watched a pewds video he hadnt reached the 200.000 subscribers. And one thing I really liked about the channel was that the gave a personal, very funny touch to every gameplay/walktrough to every "true" game he played. And this is where I start the real deal of this thread:
      What happened!?
      All I see now on pewdiepie´s channel are derp games. I am bread, all those bugged af survival games, fnaf, 3 free games, catapult simulator, and so on. And whenever he plays a game with some depth, he plays it all on one single video. Why is that? I really dont enjoy what happened to the channel, and mabye it is because the longer a playtrough goes, the lesser views every video gets (no Im not saying he is a sellout, I would also be pissed off if my fans told me to make playtroughs and then dont watch them after hours of recording and editing), but I cant be the only one out there to notice this, am I? I feel like he left out his most valued quality: gameplays that had something distinguishive among the other channels that only play and record themselves playing the game. No commentary at all.
      I want to know what you guise and gurlz think. Do you REALLY miss playtroughs/walktroughs/those kinda things or your more of these kinda derp videos he has ben uploading recently?
    • Well here is my two cents worth.
      Yes the channel has grown and ebbed into something different. When he had less subs it was easier to please more of them. He does all his walkthroughs in one take because it allows him to put more variety on the channel. I mean he also puts up another video that day and then the people who watch know to look for the second part and the people who don't watch don't care. Do I wish the channel would change back to what it was? Nope. I know what it was then and I know what it is now and I like them both. Sure I would like it if Pewds did more walthroughs in the sense that he played longer games and made shorter episodes but hey, he is doing what makes him happy and that is all I care.
      Please don't get offended by my opinion because it is just that, an opinion. It isn't an attack towards you or you opinion because I respect what you think.
      I'm dying on the inside and he doesn't seem to care
    • Annasoar wrote:

Well here is my two cents worth.
      Yes the channel has grown and ebbed into something different. When he had less subs it was easier to please more of them. He does all his walkthroughs in one take because it allows him to put more variety on the channel. I mean he also puts up another video that day and then the people who watch know to look for the second part and the people who don't watch don't care. Do I wish the channel would change back to what it was? Nope. I know what it was then and I know what it is now and I like them both. Sure I would like it if Pewds did more walthroughs in the sense that he played longer games and made shorter episodes but hey, he is doing what makes him happy and that is all I care.
      Please don't get offended by my opinion because it is just that, an opinion. It isn't an attack towards you or you opinion because I respect what you think.

Its ok dw I get its an opinion. I just wish he played more games with some actual depth instead if doing the same things on different derp games.
      Idk, one of the greatest things about the walktroughs was that he found how to made a horror game, or a game like the last of us, into something hilarious.