Social Media

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Social Media

How long do you guys spend your time on the Internet, browsing the web or chatting with others? Has this affected anyone in your life either in a good way or a bad way? And finally, do you think that society today is too addicted on technology/social media and describe an example of this from your life. Thanks guys and have fun ^^

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• A lot...but sometimes it's good. I can share things with other and people can appreciate. However, it's not good for you're health to sit down too much...and not interact with people in real life. So therefore, I am not healthy XD Today's society is also too addicted to technology and this also incresed the rate of obesity in the world. However, there is also this side to it that it's basically just the human kind advancing further, so this advancement in technology may just be a natural advancement of the human race, even though people are also increasing in bad health linked to obesity in an increeasing rate. The development of the brain is also affected as children nowadays grow up with ipads, laptops etc. I played with toys when I was little XD
    • I sometimes spend a lot of time chatting on the internet and some days I'm not on the internet at all. This can be good as I am able to chat to different people and make friends but I'm not spending much time with the friends and family I know irl. It's not very good to keep yourself in a room when you can go and try so many different things if you go out in the world. Life is short and too many people are relying on technology to live it. I am pretty good at controlling the number of hours I spend online so I wouldn't consider myself unhealthily using technology. I know that some people are spending too much time on the internet and are missing time with their friends. I actually think the video here explains my opinion on this topic really well :D .
    • I'm not sure really. It can't be used generally. It varies upon different societies, uses, development and environments. I think it's impossible for this subject to be self-explanatory. I like to spend most of my time alone, finding solutions for my own problem's and only worrying about myself. The internet is a great getaway,It gives me a whole lot of possibility and it's the only reason our daily problem's seem to ease. You know after hard-work comes a time where you can just listen to your inner-head and nothing else. The internet give's us a whole lot of possibility, it's a whole different appliance from our daily lives.

When can we do many things on Real life without travel,exploring,Using money and witnessing many things only found in internet. We can't. Without it we must find a new method for the things we need and love. But there isn't one. That's why human's rely on internet so closely.

I hope this made sense.

The internet has effects that we can't handle and we need. It affects us with our lives. That's why we spend so much time on it. The possibilities never end!
    • I use YouTube a lot and now that I am on here I use this a lot. I can't say it has effected me positively. I just end up wishing I had friends and wishing that I was in a realationship because everyone else seems to be and then I become insecure.

But on the other hand I have met some friends online that have been pretty cool so I dunno how I feel about it.
      I'm dying on the inside and he doesn't seem to care