Minecraft In depth optifine tutorial

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Minecraft In depth optifine tutorial

Hey bros, If you are getting low frame rates and lag spikes, you should install optifine, this mod is VERY helpful and I am going to show you how to install optifine and the best settings for it.
      Okay to get started first you have to download the mod found here: Optifine, there will be lots of different versions of this mod, but the ones you want to download are

Optifine HD C3 Standard

And Optifine HD C3 Smooth

If you have a multi-core processor (you can check this by opening up the start menu, right clicking on computer, then clicking on properties, and it should show your computer stats there) you can download the Optifine HD C3 Multi-Core version (*EDIT you can install it even if you dont have multiple processors, it still will work if you have a single core processor)

Now that you have those downloaded, you have to install them.
      1) open up the start menu
      2) In the "search for programs and files' bar, type %appdata%
      3) open up the .minecraft folder
      4) go to bin and open up the minecraft.jar file with either 7-zip or Winrar
      5) IMPORTANT, Delete the META-INF folder
      6) copy and paste the optifine files over the the minecraft.jar, make sure you install the versions in the order you downloaded them. Ex. Optifine Standard, then Optifine Smooth

The download files will be shown as the following:
      Standard will be: Optifine_1.2.5_HD_A2
      Smooth will be: Optifine_1.2.5_HD_S_A2
      Multi-core will be: Optifine_1.2.5_MT_A2

Now that you have those installed, i am going to show you the best settings for this mod, so you can get the best performance out of it, These are the settings i use and i get at the most 350 fps (it really depends on how good your computer is, and what texture pack you use).

1) So first, you run minecraft and go to Options

2) Then you open video settings

3) then you should see "performance" in the top right hand corner, change that to Max FPS

4) next open up "performance" at the bottom, and turn smooth FPS ON

5) you can chance the quality settings, the animation settings, and the details settings to your liking

If you are having problems with the Multi-core processor version, where blocks disappear, or its glitchy, this is what you do: (you may choose either A or B for this, you dont have to do both.)

A) you have to disable "thread optimization" / "OpenGL Threading" In the NVIDIA control panel
      - To get there, you have to open the start menu, and type in NVIDIA in the "search programs and files" bar.

B) enable "vertical synchronization" (shown in picture above)

Here are some screen shots of the benefits of this mod that i get:

LB HD photo realism x256- FPS: 200- 230

Dokucraft light x32, FPS: 300-350

(Now you might not get the same amount of fps as i do, but the chances are that your FPS will be high :thumbsup: )

Well there you go bros! Optifine is installed and you can now run at a high FPS with no lag spikes! I hope this helps.
      So anyways stay cool bros! :D *BROFIST*

The post was edited 5 times, last by mega_hyp3rrr_808: Added Multi-core glitch fix ().

• no much of a minecrafter but if i decide to give it a shot i might need this...

*bookmarked*
      need to email me about something? [email protected]
      need to email my dev team with some questions about the game? [email protected]
      want to get the latest updates on our progress?
      twitter.com/DecapitatedTree
      facebook.com/pages/Decapitated-Tree/402265469867737

if you want to be part of the dev team send me an email or message
    • I try to use Optifine Multicore, but everytime I try to enter a game, it black screens. It does not give an error, it does not go unresponsive. It just black screens.
      The only thing people keep telling me to do is delete META INF. But I DO delete it before moving the files over. I do everything right, and it still gives me a black screen.
      I cannot try the Multicore fix because I do not have a NVIDIA control panel.
      Any advice? :(
    • Haen33 wrote:

I try to use Optifine Multicore, but everytime I try to enter a game, it black screens. It does not give an error, it does not go unresponsive. It just black screens.
      The only thing people keep telling me to do is delete META INF. But I DO delete it before moving the files over. I do everything right, and it still gives me a black screen.
      Any advice?
      Hmm, do you have MCpatcher installed?
    • mega_hyp3rrr_808 wrote:

Haen33 wrote:

I try to use Optifine Multicore, but everytime I try to enter a game, it black screens. It does not give an error, it does not go unresponsive. It just black screens.
      Any advice?
      Hmm, do you have MCpatcher installed?
      I did. I used to have optifine and it worked fine. Then I downloaded MC patcher...installing the MCpatcher had deleted my optifine.
      So I tried to reinstall... Like I said. Multicore wouldnt work. I uninstalled the patcher and tried again. Still nothing.
    • Haen33 wrote:

I uninstalled the patcher and tried again. Still nothing.
      Ok, try to uninstall MCpatcher and install Optifine Mult core again, but do this:

1. Temporarily revert back to the Default Texture Pack.
      2. Uninstall the HD Textures, HD Fonts, and Better Grass mods from the MCPatcher. These functions are included in OptiFine.
      3. Set Graphics to Fancy
      4. Install OptiFine and test with the Default Texture Pack to make sure everything is working.
      5. Select your previous texture pack and graphics settings
      6. Run Minecraft and enjoy

• Minecraft has crashed!
      ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7cf3a456 --------
      Generated 7/16/12 7:54 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
      Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
      VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation
      LWJGL: 2.4.2
      OpenGL: ATI Radeon X1200 Series version 2.1.8545 Release, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not create context (WGL_ARB_create_context)
      at Config.createUpdateThread(Config.java:952)
      at l.a(RenderGlobal.java:1501)
      at lr.a(EntityRenderer.java:1328)
      at lr.b(EntityRenderer.java:1055)
      at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:752)
      at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:671)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not create context (WGL_ARB_create_context)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.nCreate(Native Method)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.create(WindowsContextImplementation.java:50)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.<init>(Context.java:120)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.<init>(Pbuffer.java:238)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.<init>(Pbuffer.java:200)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.<init>(Pbuffer.java:176)
      at Config.createUpdateThread(Config.java:944)
      ... 6 more
      --- END ERROR REPORT a041e54a ----------
    • Haen33 wrote:

Minecraft has crashed!
      ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7cf3a456 --------
      Generated 7/16/12 7:54 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
      Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
      VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation
      LWJGL: 2.4.2
      OpenGL: ATI Radeon X1200 Series version 2.1.8545 Release, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not create context (WGL_ARB_create_context)
      at Config.createUpdateThread(Config.java:952)
      at l.a(RenderGlobal.java:1501)
      at lr.a(EntityRenderer.java:132
      at lr.b(EntityRenderer.java:1055)
      at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:752)
      at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:671)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not create context (WGL_ARB_create_context)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.nCreate(Native Method)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.create(WindowsContextImplementation.java:50)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.(Context.java:120)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.(Pbuffer.java:23
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.(Pbuffer.java:200)
      at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.(Pbuffer.java:176)
      at Config.createUpdateThread(Config.java:944)
      ... 6 more
      --- END ERROR REPORT a041e54a ----------</init></init></init></init>
      also you might want to ask someone who is good at java coding, unfortunately i am not experienced in it, maybe look it up on google and you might find a fix?