Should Pewdiepie do more Full Playthroughs?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Should Pewdiepie do more Full Playthroughs?

I think pewdiepie does a great job with content. But I don't know if I'm alone about the fact thatm even if I do enjoy a lot of "one off" games, I think that full playthroughs of games are usually more pleasant to watch. I think I advocate a lot for videogames these days, and I think there's really so much potential to make full playthroughs of story based or exploration based videogames that0s being wasted by doing a bunch of videos about games like "I am bread". I think I've enjoyed much more complete series, like Dark Souls, The Last of Us, inFamous, Outlast, among others. I'm not saying it should be all AAA games (there are lots of non AAA games that could qualify for a series), but it's just how I feel. In other news, who's dying for seeing a Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2 Series? I think it would be awesome and, most importantly, HILARIOUS. Please, tell me what you think, maybe if many fo you feel the same way, this thread will gain enough traction for Pewdiepie to take it into account.
    • I agree. The longer, story based play-throughs he has done are some of my absolute favourite videos of his. But there are a couple thoughts I had about this because I had been thinking about it also.

1. (Within the past couple months) He has given us the new Five Nights at Freddy's and he played through each role in the Goat sim, and Alien Isolation for a little while (I don't think he completed it)

2. It seems like he is trying very hard to be more interactive with the Bros. I feel like maybe that is what he is focusing on instead of spending all his time playing longer story based games. IndiesVsPewDiePie and Disney Infinity: Fan Toy Box Comp are a couple examples of that.

3. I just don't think he has that much time, honestly lol. Maybe he's dealing with something and just doesn't have that much time to sit down and do play-throughs.

Those are just a few thoughts I had :) I was actually gonna make a thread about it, but you beat me to the punch lol
    • Hugo Daniel wrote:

You guys don't get the point, he doesn't have to listen to EVERYTHING you guys say, the truth is, even if he doesn't do any full playthrough he will always get millions of viewers and subscribers, probably he's bored because he always did full playthroughs (Amnesia lasted 1000 years).

a forum, a place where people discuss opinions and ideas and general discussion
      :brofist:

The post was edited 1 time, last by caras ().

• caras wrote:

Hugo Daniel wrote:

You guys don't get the point, he doesn't have to listen to EVERYTHING you guys say, the truth is, even if he doesn't do any full playthrough he will always get millions of viewers and subscribers, probably he's bored because he always did full playthroughs (Amnesia lasted 1000 years).

Proving a point?
    • Yes! But it really depends on the game, it can't be too story driven and less action or vice versa,.
      The parts should be edited enough to fit yt but enough to still contain the good stuff in the game (1 hr long letsplays are not really watched well)
      I prefer 15-20 min eps, they're not too long. but when its like 30-45 min like alien or others, then it gets a bit hmmmdsvk(<-thats a word.)
      I'd enjoy if he did a playthrough of a big game like once every 2 months. When its all just little flash games and comedic games for like 3 months w/out any big game (walking dead, last of us), then the balance of content gets bad.
      I really liked what he did about a week ago, (<--EEEEEEEYYYY *proceeds to schmoney*) when he played that two brothers game w/a full playthrough and it was like 1-2 hr long vid. I like if he did that once in a while like 1 a year.
      Anyway, his content right now is a bit iffy, but I heard he is starting a playthrough, following the time to vote video. So, I'm looking forward to the upcoming playthrough. Votes are leaning towards corpse party
      a lot right now, So excited!!
      FABULOUS :brofist: IN :brofist: TRAINING

• Hugo Daniel wrote:

caras wrote:

Hugo Daniel wrote:

Proving a point?

The point being this is not a direct demand that he play more playthroughs, this is just a discussion. We are more than aware he doesn't have to do whatever we talk/complain about.
    • I believe he should. Recently his videos have become more of quanity over quality. Yes it is cool to have several videos a day but i want the old pewds back. His old videos were all fantastic because of its length and quality. Now they are just short videos just so he can upload more videos a day. One thing i enjoy though is his playthroughs. The playthroughs remind me of his old videos. For example his Walking Dead playthrough. When i got home i would always get on youtube and go right to his channel just to watch the next episode. That is the feeling i want for all of his videos. Now though i rarely even watch his new videos. I just watch the old ones because personally i enjoy them more.
    • heart-on-my-sleeve wrote:

Hugo Daniel wrote:

caras wrote:

Hugo Daniel wrote:

Proving a point?

The point being this is not a direct demand that he play more playthroughs, this is just a discussion. We are more than aware he doesn't have to do whatever we talk/complain about.

Sherlock?

My commentary is part of this discussion, that was solely an opinion, my opinion, which is completely valid, people just tend to get buthurt.
    • I would love it if he would since then, he usually gets more into the games and is more serious about them. Which is really why I subscribed him at first for, not to see him randomly being immature and quite annoying. I could go sit in a mall and watch 12 year old talk about random immature stuff and it would be pretty much the same thing as pewds mostly does nowadays. Just not funny or entertaining. So yeah, I would love it if he played more longer games, although I guess it does not matter too much I guess. After all, I am no longer his target audience and can simply watch videos by other people.
      You are now one day closer to eating your next plate of nachos.
    • I am giving my "yes" vote for full playthroughs! Alien was amazing and now my favourite one! When I saw new vid which was longer than statistic 15 min I was in heaven watching and eating snacks. I hope Pews is gonna do full playthrough for Dying Light, I am waiting for that as for some kind a premiere in cinema. :P