Pewdiepie: Brothers, A Tale Of Two Sons Playthrough

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Pewdiepie: Brothers, A Tale Of Two Sons Playthrough

For some reason there's not an official comment thread for this video. But I just really wanted to say: THIS is what I call a game! I played it a while back and I do think it's one of the masterpieces. It gave me that same feeling as when I first played Ico. The gameworld is gorgeous, it's packed with charm and detail and it really does feel like going on an epic quest. And I'm not ashamed to say I cried a little at the end.

I've been anticipating Pewds playing this for a long time, especially when I saw a private listing for it on his channel. I'm so happy he finally put it up, the video did not disappoint!

Everything about this video is wonderful, going on the 'journey' with Pewds, his commentary (he seemed really natural), that he played (or left the video intact) in one sitting - it's true that splitting this particular game into episodes would break the atmosphere and immersion.

He mentioned, near the end, about it feeling weird now only having to control one character. I don't know if this was intentional on behalf of the developers or not, but I feel it's symbolic of a part of you (a sibling) being gone. You get so used to the dual controls throughout the game that when you no longer need it - you feel it. It's a harrowing reminder of what was lost.

I really hope there's more games and videos of games like this in the future :)

That was actully beautiful, Felix. Thankyou :thumbup:
    • I completely agree. Probably one of the best games ive seen! It really spoke to me. Im an older brother and funnily enough me and my brother look extremely alike to those characters, probably around the same ages, and my brother is blonde unlike me and my dad, and also can't swim. The idea of the adventure with the two looking out for eachother and helping one another is how i could imagine if it were my little brother and I in their shoes so it almost felt like i was the older brother in the game. It was so well made and will really bring out the emotions of any family of two brothers like mine who can relate. The ending really had me in tears too. Hope you play more games like this if they come out pewds. It really brings up crazy emotions

Keep it up Pewds :thumbsup:
    • ALL THE REFERENCESSSS

I'm like a hardcore lord of the rings fan so all that references got me like 8o 8o 8o 8o
      Love the complete playthrough of this game. I'm really not adverse to more longer videos honestly, though i know pewds shortens his videos to fit the majority of the viewers needs. Long playthroughs like these are so nice and i'm glad pewds still does them. :D
    • I knoow. It was just too beautiful and epic and amazing...I can't put it on words. I really hope Pewds keeps playing more games like this, one that tells a story and stays with you long after it's ended. Too many emotions. I still can't get over that ending, and those characters, and everything actually. Thanks Pewds for taking us on this journey :brofist:
    • I completely agree. I really enjoyed watching this game play through. The full episode really does add to the journey along with the game play. I feel that these types of games don't get uploaded enough because it is too lengthy for a majority of his viewers or the viewers prefer the more nonsense type of games. That's how I feel anyway. I would love to see more games like this.
    • for a project for english, I argued to my professor why this game should be a movie ( I mean it's really cinematic to begin with and swedish director Josef Fares collaborated on it). he wasn't familiar with the game so I showed it to him and he thought it looked amazing!
    • banana_milkshake wrote:

for a project for english, I argued to my professor why this game should be a movie ( I mean it's really cinematic to begin with and swedish director Josef Fares collaborated on it). he wasn't familiar with the game so I showed it to him and he thought it looked amazing!

hmmm as a movie. That would be interesting to see. I feel like a big part of why the game was controlling two characters at once. Then when the brother dies, it leaves you feeling weird and empty when only controlling one character. If it were a movie, it would have to someone include that feeling with the viewers. What was your approach on that?
    • Yea I was looking for the thread and was about to make one! This is the goood. Where pewdiepie like actually focuses and the viewer can follow. All his recent shorts are so soo f'd up ADHD I can't get into it. I miss those epic story playthroughs. :P ty for sharing/uploading this Pewds.

:brofist:

The post was edited 1 time, last by caras ().

• Yea I watched it with a friend ( and we are both emotional ...so yea) it's a good game and I think I wanna play it. I can use pewds video if I ever get stuck! ( especially with all of those extra achievements ( like the ball down the well ><)
    • For me it was the feels. I am really glad that Pewds played this game because we got to see another side of it. There is only so many jokes you can make about a sorta serious game. We saw a more story oriented pewds. I would love if he would do more games like this because I really like the contemplative side of pewds. But that is just my opinion.
      I'm dying on the inside and he doesn't seem to care