Worst Videogame You Ever Played?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Worst Videogame You Ever Played?

We all know that there are some great games out there, with an awesome story, incredible gameplay, and very positive reviews and rates...
      But what about the dark side?
      Have you ever bought a game, with all the hype, and then realised it was a gigantic pile of stincky ****?
      Post a picture of the worst game you´ve ever played, the name, and the reason why you think it was a horrible game. Ill start:
      Metro 2033
      The concept of the game is good, but there are 4 things that piss me off on this game:
      1: The stealth is straight broken in every single dificulty level. Once you kill a guy with your knife (if you manage to kill him 1 shot) the rest of the enemies on the surrounding mile will inmediatly know your location, weaponery, blood type and date of birth, and after that they will snipe you across the map with their incredibly presise shotguns.
      2: The ammo as money concept for me is stupid and confusing, making the game to be a constant headache even on easy dificulty.
      3: The gas mask make no sense, as the timer on your screen doesnt count your filters left, but the time you have left. Plus, you cant buy them, and if you get stuck on a part of the game your pretty much screwed.
      4: There is a moment where there is no indication to orientate you whatsoever. You have a compass that is supose to tell you the way, but yeah, seems it ran out of battery coz it doesnt work at all.
      Please let me know about the worst game you´ve ever played.

• If you have ever played or heard of this game I am sure you can understand why.

1. The controls make it a pain to even play.
      2. Glitchy textures that hurt your eyes if you play for too long.
      3. It is just about unplayable.
      (And people now of days have a fit about games like Sonic 06. If you ever played this game it makes Sonic 06 look like a good game.)
      There is so much more wrong with this game, but why don't you play it yourself and see everything wrong with it for yourself.
      ♥♥♥♥♥
    • I'm really careful and picky about what I buy so I can't say I've played anything truly bad.

But one sticks out, and it's kinda controversial, but Final Fantasy 13. It's the only game I never bothered to finish, because I lost interest in it completely. I love FF so there was also the huge letdown factor. But basically walking on a linear path with repetitive battles pressing X. Devoid of charm, atmosphere, interesting characters, gameplay or anything I gave a damn about. I kept hoping it would get better, 24 hours in and still not once ounce of enjoyment later, I quit it. Then I heard people saying "Oh, it gets better and opens up". So I gave it another chance... only to be greeted with a boring giant Calm Lands-esque area and still nothing to do. At that point it was over for me. So much so it killed my faith in the series.

Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness was kind of bad too, but that's a strange one. I got it at release and it was clear the game was totally unfinished, bug-ridden, horrific controls, lack of difficult puzzles (oh if only I had known how simplified Crystal Dynamics would later make these games lol), every death due to the vile controls or the game just glitching out (Lara randomly drops dead from nothing at times). I can sort of remember my overwhelming hatred for the game, evidenced by my replacing the sleeve with own custom one renaming it "The Shittiest Game Ever Made".

BUT! Over the years I've come to really appreciate and enjoy TR:AOD, for all it's buggy unfinishedness became part of it's appeal, and it's potential started to become evident had Core not been forced to release before it was ready. I found whole areas and other content gutted out from the game but still hidden and accessible on the disc, so its literal tomb raiding with that game, and that's what I now love about it.
    • I'll go with FFXIII too. Not the worst game EVER but the worst FF I ever played, for sure.

I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series but this one is just... the worst. No storyline (I mean, there's one but it's really disapointing ), the characters are emty (especially Lightning...) and the scenario is boring. It's just going to point A to point B... All the time. And a lot of fight. Luckily the fights are really good, entertaining and stuff... But it starts to be boring after the 6541th... Or earlier. It's supposed to be a RPG, not a "beat'em all" so it's not the point. Plus, the graphics are really good, no one can't disagree with that, I guess, but it's not enough. It's like a book with a beautiful cover but a terrible story. And that's what FFXIII is about.

Some people actually liked it but I didn't. I couldn't even finish it. And I always finish my games... But this one ? Not at all. I watched the ending though. And again, very disapointing. I still can't believe they did an other one. (And even two O_O)

If you want a great Final Fantasy check out FFVI, FFVII or FFX.

• I hope I don't get any hate for this, but Rogue Galaxy has to be one of the worst ones. Well, I wouldn't say the worst. It's actually one of my favorite games. But there are a few downsides to it. I mean, I liked the characters and the plot wasn't too bad and I like the battle sequences. They're pretty easy and not as difficult to handle. The things I didn't like about the game was that the ending was just like, "WTF?" and you didn't have that feeling of satisfaction that you accomplished when completing the game and I think it progressed a little too quickly for my taste. You can also unlock outfits for each character, but some of which you had to get from completing missions or you just find them in treasure chests. (Some of them require a key and there are some stages where you will need said key, but you will eventually get to back track and open them once you get them.) I never did get to complete any of them. I only ever did get 5 or 6 outfits, but not for everyone. :( You don't even have enough space for anything. But you have this frog that combines two weapons together, as long as it's two of the same type of weapon. That's probably the only coolest thing in the game besides some of the characters. (Emphasis on some.)

Another thing about the game is that when deciding on who you want in your party, you cannot remove the main character. You can move him around but he HAS to stay in the party at all times. I don't know why that concept even exists but it's stupid. What if you're tired of looking at him and just want someone else? There is apparently some romance that goes on between one of the two characters, but you never see any of them actually interacting to a point where you know they will be a couple. But you have a random special attack that you activate to make it seem like they are lovers. It doesn't show you any of the factors that they are interested in one another. You don't even feel the chemistry, it's like the writers just randomly said, "Hey, why don't we make these two fall in love without showing any hints to the player whatsoever and they'll just go with it?" How about no?

I'm not even sure if I should even consider this RPG material because throughout the whole game the main character makes the decisions himself, you just answer riddles and pick a place to go. You don't pick a response and there is only one ending. At some point, a character even betrays them but only for a short time before going back to their side. I don't understand what they were thinking when this game was made. $14.99. I spent $14.99 on this game and it wasn't even worth it. Even a multiplayer FSP that doesn't have a storyline has more of a plot than this.

I last checked in Amazon; it's almost $70. Don't buy it. Not worth your time OR your wallet. But, if you really wanna play it, I say go ahead. It's not too bad once you get around to it, though. Everything else about it just annoys me.
    • Dragon Age 2 is definitely up there, everything about the game was just awful compared to Origins. The Story is bland and felt unimaginative, The "mash A to win" gameplay was just horrid, and a many of the characters were black and white without depth.

Watch Dogs is possibly the worst and honestly the only major reason for that is the purposeful downgrade of graphics (and framerate) done to PC to make the xbox one and PS4 versions look good. There is actually a mod that is only a few kilobytes that brings the game back to the E3 graphics and bumps up the framerate by unlocking a few of the texture files.
    • Moosemallow wrote:

I hope I don't get any hate for this, but Rogue Galaxy has to be one of the worst ones...

I kind of agree. I mean I finished it, and it was okay, and there were some genuinely enjoyable parts. But there was also SO much I hated about it as well. And the main character had quite a lot to do with that, compounded by - as you said - you can't move him out of your party. I literally even let him die and stay dead at the end of a battle once to try and get rid of him, but nope he magically resurrected.

So... I absolutely HATED the main character. And that he's always there, irritating me by moaning away with a whiny voice while exploring areas - the hate just grew and grew and it started to reflect in my feelings towards the game as well. Hating a main character is never a good sign seeing as you're gonna be stuck with them the whole game.

The final boss fight too - lmao!! There's often jokes about "my final form" and how end of game bosses always have at least one form, but this game took the piss! There was, what, about nine "forms", one way or the other? I think it was kind of great how you have to split up and each character takes out a different part of a boss, but what really got me was just how long it was, with no opportunity to save in between. So you have this massive chain of fights, long unskippable cutscenes in between, basically I'd advise anyone not to do what I did and think "Oh ok I'll just finish this game off tonight because I'm at the final boss" because about THREE HOURS LATER, with no ability to save and shut off, it was about 4am and I just wanted to go to bed!!!

There was definitely some very hateful things about that game. The battle system gets really repetitive as well after the 2000th fight in those symmetrical towards...

There's some cool parts. But I agree it's not one of the best in its genre.
    • DA2 was pretty horrid, being so bland and the button mashing was annoying, but there is no game that ever gotten me as angry as this one. PS2-Dragon Rage.

I love dragons, and dragon games..And i wanted this to be great!! But this, this was just so infuriating. Not only were the controls very weird, and made it unnecessarily hard.. There was just so much wrong with it. If the game didn't die.. OR freeze, it would get you stuck in a wall, usually one you weren't even near.. Sometimes timers would break and you would get stuck in progressing, destroyed 14/15 buildings.. with none left to destroy.. This is my number one worst game ever, it made me break a controller in frustration after a corrupt save made me freeze inside a rock right after it loaded.. And i don't call a game bad that quickly.
    • Fruken'Fracker wrote:

Dragon Age 2 is definitely up there, everything about the game was just awful compared to Origins. The Story is bland and felt unimaginative, The "mash A to win" gameplay was just horrid, and a many of the characters were black and white without depth.

Watch Dogs is possibly the worst and honestly the only major reason for that is the purposeful downgrade of graphics (and framerate) done to PC to make the xbox one and PS4 versions look good. There is actually a mod that is only a few kilobytes that brings the game back to the E3 graphics and bumps up the framerate by unlocking a few of the texture files.

Dragon age is not my type of game: I dl dragon age: origins it for free from this origin promotion and played it a little bit...
      Its too slow4me, at least on single player, its kinda annoying that you completely trust your strategy instead of my individual skill (Im more of skyrim, I have like 10.000 hours on it)
    • PsychoNefilim wrote:

Fruken'Fracker wrote:

Dragon Age 2 is definitely up there, everything about the game was just awful compared to Origins. The Story is bland and felt unimaginative, The "mash A to win" gameplay was just horrid, and a many of the characters were black and white without depth.

Dragon age is not my type of game: I dl dragon age: origins it for free from this origin promotion and played it a little bit...
      Its too slow4me, at least on single player, its kinda annoying that you completely trust your strategy instead of my individual skill (Im more of skyrim, I have like 10.000 hours on it)

If you want a game that really does show skill, I recommend Dark Souls 1 and 2, Dark Souls 1 is one of my all time favorites because of the combat, atmosphere, and story. The combat between two players can last between 5 seconds or 5 minutes, depending on how good the two players are, there armor, if one parries, if they roll constantly, if they are reactive, spells, etc. It is faster paced than Skyrim (at least if your like me and play Skyrim on Legendary with mods that increase the difficulty). Along with being the most rewarding game I have ever played as well, as some "minor" enemies can kick your sh*t in if you do not understand how to fight them correctly, but you can easily take them out in seconds as well because of the same reason.
    • Fruken'Fracker wrote:

Quote from PsychoNefilim: “Quote from Fruken'Fracker: “Dragon Age 2 is definitely up there, everything about the game was just awful compared to Origins. The Story is bland and felt unimaginative, The "mash A to win" gameplay was just horrid, and a…

The thing is Im not really that fan of, you know, commit suicide LEL Dark Souls is a very original way of killing yourself, since its pretty much hardcore farming with devil may cry like bosses. It looks like a great game if you have the patience.
      But I really dont.
    • Okuu wrote:

My list as there are multiple :
      Display Spoiler

All Slender games.

And the game that was absolutely a molestation of a franchise and a pure and broken cashgrab (even worse than CoD).

As I said I didnt like dragon age origins because its way too slow for me. Resident evil 5 was the beggining of the end of resident evil, and re:orc was just a complete piece of worthless trash. It makes no sense at all.