Advice on becoming a YouTube Gaming Channel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Advice on becoming a YouTube Gaming Channel

First of all, I am sincerely sorry if this looks like spam! I hate posting on forums, but I just couldn't get any criticism or way to get advice on YouTube. I upload daily content, and am just another YouTube Gaming Channel. Its just that I don't get any comments, so don't really know what to upload or who to reach. I currently do Destiny videos, and get a regular 10 or so views on most uploads, with 180 or more on occasional videos. No one comments though, and I need advice on how to gain active subscribers, as well as how to improve my content. I understand there is so many of these on the forums, but please take the time to give me some pointers. :brofist:
      Gaming News and Commentaries @ Liquidation_iLy!
      ^_~
      :brofist:
    • To have a good gaming channel...
      1. Open for suggestions :D
      2. Try different games like Antbassador and the like. (Antbassador is kinda frustrating and funny.)
      3. Check the game popularity rankings. Take the less popular game and make it skyrocket to the top! :D
      4. Make it popular to other countries! Usually YouTube vids are shown at a your country first then it spreads all over the world when it becomes popular to them.
      5. Enjoy it! :D It doesnt matter on how popular you get. As long as people can relate to you and that's the most important thing. :D
      ~ Pokemon Fans unite! ~

• Ok, I'm not a gaming channel or anything, but here are my 2 cents.
      It requires a fair amount of work. You need to proactively be marketing your channel, but also don't take it too professionally. Engage with people and talk with them, ask for opinions, start random events that allows, and don't be formal, be light and friendly :D

You need to build up communities proactively, so that you can get certain exposure to a small amount of people, from there on if they like your content they'll spread the word, if not they'll tell you what's wrong :)

Also, don't play games people like, unless you like them as well. It is boring to watch someone getting bored at a game. Or worse faking his reactions and trying to convince people that he enjoys it (on that point be hones at all costs).

Here are a couple of things you could do:
      • Play multi-player games with different people, could be fellow YouTubers as well :)
      • It's not for everyone, but go to gaming and YouTubers conventions and talk to more people that do what you do.
      • Collaborate with game devs, artists, musicians, etc to help you for your channel or ask the community (even better)
      • Start various competitions and events and allow people to engage in activities, then feature their works (they'll advertise your channel when they show off to their friends ^_^)

Being a YouTube gamer is really more about people and less about games, find ways to work with people.
      Also do edit, and edit well.