New users and How Other Users act after they are granted admin chat powers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• PPP | FlameX wrote:

SCP-Mr.StewL wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

Nonononono no voteban/votekick , that would flip the shoutbox over since then everyone can screw someone over... mass abuse incoming.
    Yeah. That wasnt a good idea after all .

I actually got votebanned from one of my favorite Gmod servers for nothing ._. , due to some clan raiding party
    so Voteban/kick fails. How about adding Cenzure
    "My Tongue is sharper than any of the swords you have"
    Stewl
  • SCP-Mr.StewL wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

SCP-Mr.StewL wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

Nonononono no voteban/votekick , that would flip the shoutbox over since then everyone can screw someone over... mass abuse incoming.

I actually got votebanned from one of my favorite Gmod servers for nothing ._. , due to some clan raiding party
    I'm not a fan of censorship as the most of you know, so please don't do that.
    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
  • Okay. So here is my Plan. I made a Chatzy for pdp.net which can be used in case the shoutbox is un useable. Or there is someone that we dont want to talk to.

us6.chatzy.com/52741242044022

This is the Chatzy Link . I will make 2 more Users of it a Admin

Poroner wrote:

Wtf I am gone for one day cuz I had the pc for fixing and the forum is going to hell xD
    anyway I agree with stool,I read almost all of the thread and I have one question,how the fuck did timmy get admin powers for a limited time?
    Dont ask me.... I dont fucking know
    "My Tongue is sharper than any of the swords you have"
    Stewl
  • Before you read this you need to know that im not here to offend anyone or start any drama.
    I am just giving my opinions. Love yu all.

Okay. I have pretty much read everything written here.
    I pretty much agree with M here, but some parts i do agree with you Stool.

Stool, you know you did EXACTLY THE SAME as some users do now. Flooding the chat.
    And i know you improved your behavior, but it really doesnt give you the rights to complain about something you did yourself for a quite while ago.

"And sorry for calling names but I'm not mature enough to shut my mouth." - Stool
    If people actually spend alot of time reading the shoutbox, they should know that there are actually 2 major shoutbox-killers.

"Timmy uses the shoutbox for roleplaying too much" - Outlander
    Yes, i do agree on that, i told him that there is a RP forum, but then he said that "he wasnt RPing"

" they should read this too "Forum Guidelines" " - H4x
    This could be something good.
    When joining the forum, you get automatically redirected to the Guidelines thread.
    It might be something good.

"when they come on and ask "OMG IS PEWDIE HERE ?"" - Valkyrie
    One nice tip: IGNORE THEM.

"spam that box i don't feel like talking in there anymore mostly because when i type something it's gone in 5 sec." - Dano
    We arent supposed to not feel welcomed when we enter the site. To be honest, i actualy scroll down and sigh everytime the page opens.

"users who were active on here since the beginning won't be seen as any better than the new users that register every day are."
    This is very oftenly misunderstood and misused.

"That's true, maybe we need to sharpen the shoutbox rules ?" - Dano
    Lets open the shoutbox rules, shall we? I will give opinions and some improvements on the rules.

=========================================================
    - Keep the swearing down. *
    I have never seen someone enforcing this rule. Try to do that from now.

- No racist comments towards anyone. *
    This rule is pretty rock hard and any human being would stop a user attempting this.

- No spamming, this will result in a 3 day ban if you do not stop within 3 warnings. *
    There are tons of definitions of SPAMMING. Define them crystal-clearly so people cant misuse the rule because the exact definitions arent stated. But thats how i think.

As we know, there are something as a spam-prevention. You need to wait 5 seconds before posting something new. If this is possible, something like this should be added.

If someone triggers the message 3 times in a row, their spam-prevention time increases to 30 sec under 3 minutes. So if triggering it, you can only write 6 messages in 3 minutes. I think its somehow fair.

- You ARE allowed to self promote yourself, but please do not go overboard.
    Define how you can go overboard. Its all about simplifying the rules so even a complete moron understands to 100%.

- For links to livestreams ask for interest before posting.
    Enforce this more. Define how many times a person can post a livestream-link before getting a warning or a ban.

- Try to have a conversation and not shout Pewdie quotes constantly.
    This rule are pretty much never used in the shoutbox because the quotes have stopped pretty much.
    But it still is there and if it happens, be determined to make the "quoters" to understand.

- Speak English in the public areas of the forum, or at least keep foreign languages to a minimum.
    People pretty much understand that english is the main language. If people talk in foreign, someone would most likely tell them that keep it english in the box.

- For doing Roleplays, please use this section of the forum.
    The RP's in the shout have pretty much disappeared. But if happens and people get told that here is something like a forum for it.

- This shoutbox is NOT... I repeat NOT a free advertising service. You have 2 sub forums to advertise... do it there. If you don't comply with this one after warnings you will face a 3 day ban.
    I really wonder how this one can be improved.
    =========================================================

TL:DR There is no, read it all.
    PS: this might be the most serious thread i never written of this length.
  • Br0han wrote:

SCP-Mr.StewL wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

SCP-Mr.StewL wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

I'm not a fan of censorship as the most of you know, so please don't do that.

We are not like sovjet/communist Russia.... or are we?

• Indirect request

Okey, here is whats bugging me cause apparently something went on while i was asleep. How did Timmy get to be a mod? WHY him?! I stress on why, for example leafy, viking, Or heck, even james would have been a better option. Third...
    I completely agree with what all of your are saying, the shoutbox has been under much abuse from, a certain variety of people, i myself take pride in being random, i just cant help it i was born this way, but never do i spam, stressing on a word, i only use the consecutive letters, caps, only 1 word per sentence unless everyone else is doing it and my posts are getting lost between the tides of fat posts.

Lastly, Somewhere is the last page or so is some new person that just joined, hang her profile up somewhere for the new idiots to know that he/she should be their role model even if its for their god damn 2 minuet stay to shout out groupie messages and yap with their totally unoriginal and plagiarized names.

Sorry for the excessively long rant. Just wanted to get this off my chest. ^^

Click the pic if you don't understand.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ShatteredSoul: Omission of data. ().

• today some ppl were with me on Chatzy we talked. TimmyBitch and another guy got Admin powers....

CHATZY.
    The unofficial one aswell, which isn't managed by the mods here. Do it's nothing to do with this forum in essence.

He did NOT get mod powers on the forum.

Just because people haven't been really realising this...
    So uh. I write
  • Vics wrote:

oday some ppl were with me on Chatzy we talked. TimmyBitch and another guy got Admin powers....

CHATZY.
    The unofficial one aswell, which isn't managed by the mods here. Do it's nothing to do with this forum in essence.

He did NOT get mod powers on the forum.

Just because people haven't been really realising this...

thank you for busting this myth , since otherwise it would have been plain bs.

• i have a feeling this thread will de rail

i think we have evrything sussed thanks to our highness br00tal

everyone listen to him and we will go far
    need to email me about something? [email protected]
    need to email my dev team with some questions about the game? [email protected]
    want to get the latest updates on our progress?
    twitter.com/DecapitatedTree
    facebook.com/pages/Decapitated-Tree/402265469867737

if you want to be part of the dev team send me an email or message
  • Lol, CHATZY XD i should have known, but where praytell did he figure out about that unofficial chatroom and i have no clue, is it awesome people only or something? Cause im pretty sure on a scale from 1 to 10 between me and timmy, he is a 1 and im the 10 on the awesome scale. :P *is being totally mean and skittles*

Click the pic if you don't understand.
  • No No No Bro what I hate are fans who just repeat pewdie's jokes and think its funny,, the ocasional time it may be funny but them doing that is making the joke less funny, at least add som variety to it like I saw Chompee do once by telling a joke about ''SH%# in the toilet and forget to flush, then blame it on your older sister and its really awkwardnese" but hearing "bARRELS" and "I DONT CAAAAARE" over and over from fans isnt funny, but I agree fangirls are a hassle too.

at least I have been original by making a magic lamp named Tiffany and hating doors *just cuz I make things talk doesnt mean I am trying to be like pewdie, I used to do it when I was 5 and my brother hates when I do it*

Poroner wrote:

Wtf I am gone for one day cuz I had the pc for fixing and the forum is going to hell xD
    anyway I agree with stool,I read almost all of the thread and I have one question,how the fuck did timmy get admin powers for a limited time?

I HAD ADMIN POWERS 8| WHEN!?!?!? ;( aw man and I didnt us em
    Signature not included