Let's Share Awkward Stories!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Let's Share Awkward Stories!

Hey Derrr~!
      I feel that this week has been an especially weird one for me... as I seem to have forgotten how to behave properly in public~~ leading to some very painful social interactions ||II || II||

So~! Kindly remind me I am not alone in this perpetual torment~ and let's share some of our worst awkward moments!
      ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    • As my username says... I am an awkward person!

One time after going to Taco Bell with my kinda crush and some friends, we were walking back to the dorms and knowing how Taco Bell seems to effect people he mentioned how he would be occupying the restroom for quite a while... So, we were saying good bye and I thought it would be totally okay to say a little too loudly...

"DON'T POOP TOO HARD!"

|| Like... Who does that?! Except for awkward me.... That is only one day out of like everyday of my life!! And everyday for me is awkward so...
      Just know you can't be as awkward as me! :|
    • awkwardlybekah wrote:

As my username says... I am an awkward person!

One time after going to Taco Bell with my kinda crush and some friends, we were walking back to the dorms and knowing how Taco Bell seems to effect people he mentioned how he would be occupying the restroom for quite a while... So, we were saying good bye and I thought it would be totally okay to say a little too loudly...

"DON'T POOP TOO HARD!"

|| Like... Who does that?! Except for awkward me.... That is only one day out of like everyday of my life!! And everyday for me is awkward so...
      Just know you can't be as awkward as me! :|

Ah~~ I can't stop myself saying whatever is on my mind either.... it is a sickness right? ha
      But then again, it's only awkward if he didn't laugh.... and if he didn't, well he shouldn't take his poop too seriously imo! ;)
    • Ugh yeah... it's just... I don't even know why it happens. I once barked at the postman. Another time my neighbour said "good morning" and I screeched "UUUGH!!! Eat my nipples!" while simulating pulling them off and popping them in my mouth. I got back inside and was like what. the. actual. fuck????

Just talking with people is really awkward.

Fortunately other people are like it too, but it always feels like I'm the only one who has those issues and everyone else seems comfortable and knows just what to say in social situations X/
    • jellystripes wrote:

Ugh yeah... it's just... I don't even know why it happens. I once barked at the postman. Another time my neighbour said "good morning" and I screeched "UUUGH!!! Eat my nipples!" while simulating pulling them off and popping them in my mouth. I got back inside and was like what. the. actual. fuck????

Fortunately other people are like it too, but it always feels like I'm the only one who has those issues and everyone else seems comfortable and knows just what to say in social situations X/

Barking at a postman is pretty funny 2bh... I imagine it was his first topic of conversation that night ^^
      And yes, you are most definitely not alone in these weird awkward outbursts!!
      Just the other day I had quite a similar incident when I was travelling on a packed bus. This toddler was crying in a very forced and annoying way, but instead of pretending not to notice like everyone else, I began mimicking it.... very audibly! Worse bit was that when the toddler stopped.... I didn't :| :| :|
      If you could only see the death stares I got....

Oh well! At least we make life that much more interesting being that much more socially inept! ^^
    • NICOCO wrote:

jellystripes wrote:

Ugh yeah... it's just... I don't even know why it happens. I once barked at the postman. Another time my neighbour said "good morning" and I screeched "UUUGH!!! Eat my nipples!" while simulating pulling them off and popping them in my mouth. I got back inside and was like what. the. actual. fuck????

Barking at a postman is pretty funny 2bh... I imagine it was his first topic of conversation that night ^^
      And yes, you are most definitely not alone in these weird awkward outbursts!!
      Just the other day I had quite a similar incident when I was travelling on a packed bus. This toddler was crying in a very forced and annoying way, but instead of pretending not to notice like everyone else, I began mimicking it.... very audibly! Worse bit was that when the toddler stopped.... I didn't :| :| :|
      If you could only see the death stares I got....

Oh well! At least we make life that much more interesting being that much more socially inept! ^^

lmao that's hilarious!! I would have been laughing hard if I saw that going on (& babies/small children can be really annoying, I can't hide it like some people and end up just making frustrated or disgusted faces, mostly at their parents, when they're throwing tantrums in public).

There's something to be said for tact, especially in sensitive situations. But then I also think on the other hand if everyone says what's on their mind we all know where we stand with each other and in a way that could facilitate understanding.
    • ​lmao that's hilarious!! I would have been laughing hard if I saw that going on (& babies/small children can be really annoying, I can't hide it like some people and end up just making frustrated or disgusted faces, mostly at their parents, when they're throwing tantrums in public).There's something to be said for tact, especially in sensitive situations. But then I also think on the other hand if everyone says what's on their mind we all know where we stand with each other and in a way that could facilitate understanding.

I can't hide it either.... I don't think I have found my maternal instinct as a woman yet, which is quite pleasing to me actually haha

Unfortunately, I don't think the human race can handle complete honesty... got myself into trouble enough times with that one!
    • At my school, I headed to a food place I thought was open and it's located in a huge building which also holds our mail center and like three floors of offices and classroom...

Anyway, I walked in and... The food place was closed.

So to make sure I didn't look stupid, I decided to check my mail... And on the way I dropped my dinosaur of a phone and it came apart... So to play that off I just decided it'd be best to just leave before it could get any worse...

I headed up to the second floor and desperately pulled on every door and they wouldn't budge!! I was about fed up so angrily I climbed to the top floor... And it was the exactly the same thing.

Defeated, I headed down the two flights of stairs head hung low as I stared my walk of shame and... I tripped on my way out, then I tripped on my way into the dorm, and then I told my roommate this long, pathetic story.... And she told me...

The door were push doors.... Push doors? Really!? A PUSH door...

UGH!!
    • One time, in the 8th grade, in my english class, I was telling my story and I swung my hand out and ever so gently ...I uh.....caressed(?) a guys crotch. What made it even worse was he was my best friends boyfriend, and his seat was next to mine....so yea.
      But wait, it doesn't end there.
      About two days later, I was telling a joke, and moved my hand out and the SAME FREAKIN GUY HAPPENED TO BE WALKING THERE, AND I DID IT AGAIN.
      but wait, there's more....
      About a week later, (in the same class as before) I moved my hand out to tap my friend and ask for a pencil, but, my GROSS WEIRD ENGLISH TEACHER WAS WALKING THERE I DID IT YET AGAIN...
      My teacher then just held up his hangs and said "Whoaa" and didn't even back up. It was really embarrassing and weird.
    • awkwardlybekah wrote:

At my school, I headed to a food place I thought was open and it's located in a huge building which also holds our mail center and like three floors of offices and classroom...

Anyway, I walked in and... The food place was closed.

So to make sure I didn't look stupid, I decided to check my mail... And on the way I dropped my dinosaur of a phone and it came apart... So to play that off I just decided it'd be best to just leave before it could get any worse...

I headed up to the second floor and desperately pulled on every door and they wouldn't budge!! I was about fed up so angrily I climbed to the top floor... And it was the exactly the same thing.

Defeated, I headed down the two flights of stairs head hung low as I stared my walk of shame and... I tripped on my way out, then I tripped on my way into the dorm, and then I told my roommate this long, pathetic story.... And she told me...

The door were push doors.... Push doors? Really!? A PUSH door...

UGH!!

Awwhh haha it really wasn't your day! At least there wasn't someone on the other side trying to push their way out~~ it would have been one of those all familiar yet bizarre battles of the door, when both sides are unsure how to progress further haha
      But I really love it how people just play it cool when they goof up... I've even entered the wrong lecture before, but ended up staying just to save the embarrassment of having to walk out ||II ||

One time, in the 8th grade, in my english class, I was telling my story and I swung my hand out and ever so gently ...I uh.....caressed(?) a guys crotch. What made it even worse was he was my best friends boyfriend, and his seat was next to mine....so yea.But wait, it doesn't end there.About two days later, I was telling a joke, and moved my hand out and the SAME FREAKIN GUY HAPPENED TO BE WALKING THERE, AND I DID IT AGAIN.
      but wait, there's more....
      About a week later, (in the same class as before) I moved my hand out to tap my friend and ask for a pencil, but, my GROSS WEIRD ENGLISH TEACHER WAS WALKING THERE I DID IT YET AGAIN...
      My teacher then just held up his hangs and said "Whoaa" and didn't even back up. It was really embarrassing and weird.

Haha!
      I think your hand has a penis complex.. :D
      But I wouldn't feel too embarrassed, we are by nature quite gangly looking creatures with not much spacial awareness!~ so flailing hands are quite prone to being inappropriately placed on occasion! It's just unfortunate that it happened twice on the same guy... maybe next time he comes over get out the ol' trusty rubix cube for some light hearted finger play~ sounds like they need the distraction after all :P
      Your English Teacher on the other hand, should have backed himself up!!
      ~~ his daddy dun' teach him good ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by NICOCO ().

• eddielikespie wrote:

i recently nearly lost my virginity. the only reason i didnt was because the girl changed her mind because she was friends with my ex. my girlfriend broke up with me because i threw a rugby ball at her mum whilst i was drunk. :brofist:

I think the first story is perhaps a little bit more sad than awkward... that girl sounds very contrary indeed :/
      And the Rugby ball incident.... lol~ never heard that as a feasible reason for a break up before!~~ I would've had a hard time trying not to laugh during 'the talk' ^^

Anyway, I wish you luck with your future romantic endeavours! ;)
    • NICOCO wrote:

eddielikespie wrote:

i recently nearly lost my virginity. the only reason i didnt was because the girl changed her mind because she was friends with my ex. my girlfriend broke up with me because i threw a rugby ball at her mum whilst i was drunk. :brofist:

I think the first story is perhaps a little bit more sad than awkward... that girl sounds very contrary indeed :/
      And the Rugby ball incident.... lol~ never heard that as a feasible reason for a break up before!~~ I would've had a hard time trying not to laugh during 'the talk' ^^

Anyway, I wish you luck with your future romantic endeavours! ;)

Yeah it was a rather funny break up :D thanks
    • Me and my friend were play fighting once. Was quite crazy actually and I ended up accidently kicking him in the crotch. xD To make matters worse afterwards I said ''Is it really that bad when that happens to guys? Well at least it looked like it hurt. Must have been hard.'' The silence lasted a few seconds then all of a sudden I realized and screamed ''That's not what I meant! The kick! I meant the kick!'' Then we looked at each other with poker faces for about 3 seconds and pretty much burst out laughing.
      The only way to truly escape the mundane is for you to constantly be evolving. Whether you choose to aim high, or aim low. Enjoy each day for what it is.
    • Ib is here wrote:

Me and my friend were play fighting once. Was quite crazy actually and I ended up accidently kicking him in the crotch. xD To make matters worse afterwards I said ''Is it really that bad when that happens to guys? Well at least it looked like it hurt. Must have been hard.'' The silence lasted a few seconds then all of a sudden I realized and screamed ''That's not what I meant! The kick! I meant the kick!'' Then we looked at each other with poker faces for about 3 seconds and pretty much burst out laughing.

ahahahah damn that is a bit awkward :D
    • Once I was in class and my teacher asks me why there's no one next to me, so I say "Pedro is sitting here." So she says "Who's Pedro?" and I tell her "He's my son." The class is just kind of silent as I pat Pedro's invisible head, and then I say "he's adopted." and everyone bursts into laughter.
      Still haven't lived that one down x3

I smack you with my petals