The binding of Isaac: Rebirth

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I searched the forums, while people mention the game here and there, no actual topic have been created yet!
      Now that we've got the new remake/sequel is anyone here playing?
      What is The Binding of Isaac one might ask. You could say it easily "A naked boy running around the depths of his house, killing various monsters with his tears, running away from his mom that heard a voice thinking it's a god asking her to sacrifice her son. As he goes deeper and deeper he's slowly starting to remind you of a unholy demon spawn". That kinda sums it up but there's a meaning to all this nonsense.

Edmund Mcmillen (you may know this name, the dev of Super Meat Boy) have been raised in Christian family and he explained that this affected his life in a creative way. There's alot of messed up stuff happening in the bible too and everything in the game kinda represets that. Even the main story that Isaacs mom wants to kill him, that's happening in the world where moms are "hearing the voice of god" and than killing their children.
      Now I am going to put some spoilers here furter explaining this stuff, but these are spoilers, you might not want to read this.
      Display Spoiler
      ​Isaac actually never gets into the basement of his house, the whole time he's locked in his "toy chest" being in his own made up world, that's where the player takes controll. A theory has it, that no matter what, Isaac dies in his chest as the player progresses to the point where Isaac fights Isaac and later on the Blue baby "???" when blue baby is actually Isaac dead. There actually may have never been signs of abuse from his mother, Isaac might have made that all up, thinking that it's his fault his dad left the house and his sister (possibly even some brothers) died. So he thinks he's corrupted with a sin and deserves a punishement. If you would like to read more into this, theres an article on reddit about it in more details: I am the author of the Isaac Endings Explained article that Ed said was "mind blowingly accurate". Here is my Rebirth followup! (SPOILERS!) : bindingofisaac

But puting this all aside, this game is damn fun and difficult rogue-like, where you fight through multiple levels in "zelda-like" setting, you are picking up upgrades along the way that are modifiing not only your stats but also your looks and theway your tears works (you may find yourself suddenly shooting lasers instead of tears or maybe even bombs). Also I can't forget, there's alot of poop in this game, I mean even one of the bosses is poop named "Dingle"

There are alot of secrets in this game that you unlock as you are playing and each run is different. Also, this game has its own engine, not like the original made in flash that ran poorly on anything. THis game will run on your toaster on 60fps! It's also available on next-gen consoles and PS vita. Man I'd really love to have Vita right now, being able to play Isaac anywhere I go is too temting. There are rumors around that this game will also release at least on 3DS and maybe on Wii U.

This game will suck you in with the usuall "just one more run" stuff. And is definitely the true Isaac experience. If you haven't played the original, you don't have to play that one, get this instead. It's much better and you are not loosing on anything, all of the original game and DLC is here + tons more new items and secrets to unlock. I'd personaly love to see pewds play this game, it would turn into a rage montage because new players usually have alot of trouble getting past the first few levels of the game.

Trailer: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Launch Trailer - YouTube
    • Okuu wrote:

I guess I am the only one who doesn't really appreciate the style of it. I loved the style of the flash made one way more due to the smooth lines and such.

Nah, definitely not the only one, there are more people in your group. Honestly I prefer this style more but I am not saying I don't like the original artwork neither and Edmund did that in a few months (the game was originaly designed to "fail", he never expected it to have such a big fan base.