Favourite Independent Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Favourite Independent Game

Out of curiosity what has been your favourite independent game, either through kickstarter or something that has just popped up through steam?
      Mine has to be Project Zomboid. If you're a zombie survival nut like my self this game absolutely NEEDS to be in your steam library. It's that good I used a chapter from the zombie survival guide as a tactic and it worked brilliantly!

So yeah, what's your favourite Indie game?
    • Re: Favourite Independent Game

Mine would be Toribash. Been playing it for 3 years and I can't seem to shake it off (no pun intended) because of its unique gameplay as a fighting game.

Instead of having the same old preset move, you can make your own. Your punches are probably never going to be the same.

My favorite part is probably the replay system and singleplayer. Basically, you have 500 frames on default (30 seconds?) to play around with 2 Toris (characters). It allows you to make some sick looking shit.

Oh, and it's not limited to just fighting. You can skate, play soccer, dodgeball, or basketball, parkour, race as cars, become animals... The possibilities are literally endless.

It just got added to Steam this year. With the new players, multiplayer has become more enjoyable.

Oh yeah there's multiplayer. You can spar (realistic fight) with other players, play aikido, or just go do random stuff in the servers.

However fun it sounds, there is a drawback. The game has one of the steepest learning curves in the history of gaming. Controlling your Tori like the people who made those Toribash videos on Youtube (cough) Supermoves and Overkill) takes up to a few weeks of experience to many months. Many quit the game for this reason.

Nonetheless, it is a game worth checking out. It's free so you aren't gonna lose anything for trying.
    • I would say Outlast and Dreadout as they were a step in the good direction for horror games, instead of those AAA games only full with jumpscares which get very dull easily. Those 2 used moreso the ambience to keep the dread going instead of a cheap scare which gets the adrenaline pumping for a really short period (besides that, subsequent jumpscares lose their efficiency pretty darn quickly and rather become annoying than scary.). It's sad that Dreadout wasn't that polished as Outlast was though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Okuu ().

• Hard to say just one but It's either Dust: An Elysian Tail or Cavestory for me.

Both are action platforming games but Dust has an RPG gameplay mechanic to it.
      Also both games have a unique art style.