Pewdiebait

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• What effects do you think Pewdiebait has on the industry as a whole? 5
        It is very bad, as it encourages bad games and exploitation of content creators (0) 0%
        Ok in some cases. It gets youtubes views and subscribers after all. (0) 0%
        It has no affect at all in my opinion. (3) 60%
        It causes an influx of terrible games from undeserving developers. (2) 40%
      What are your views on Pewdiebait? This is the term used to describe games that where made intentionally for youtubers to play. Goat Simulator for example.
    • 'Pewdiebait' is actually more than just that. It's actually putting a lot of (obvious) references to pewdiepie and/or his fanbase. And yes, I think it's quite bad when a developer puts a lot of 'Pewdiebait' in a game with an excuse that he wants to show that he is a fan (whilst there is more behind this, such as recognition by the fanbase who think the game is cool only due to it and get it, which results in more exposure. ) It's an overly cheap marketing tool in my opinion.

I'm not talking just about barrels and such, as they are common objects. Moreso talking about actual pictures and the 'stephano' ripped from the amnesia game files and put in their own games etc.

It's quite bad imo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Okuu ().

• Thank you for your contribution to the thread. I started this thread to gather sources of information for my GCSE english coursework in which I got to choose a serious subject that I feel strongly about. Your input will be used as sources of research and will help me greatly to complete my work and achieve a good grade. Thank You!
    • I needed sources of information about pewdiebait and was advised to find a forum to ask educated gamers on the subject. So everyone who answered the poll helped me in gathering the research i need to write an article (purely for school work and wont actually be published) on pewdiebait.