Thoughts on #GamerGate

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Thoughts on #GamerGate

For the past two moths there's been some sort of a "movement" called #GamerGate which claims to be fighting against corruption in gaming journalism, while others (journalists of course) call them a movement of hate and sexism. Any thoughts from you guys?
    • I really really don't give a shit. I just live on and do the stuff I want and the stuff I usually do currently. If they want to fight about nothing, then let them. It's not going to change me anyway. There are a lot (and I mean a lot) of other problems people have which have a way higher priority than this GamerGate thingy.

If people/media want to call me a queer for playing Touhou, k, whatever you want.

If people/media call me sexist for playing games with scarcely clothed females, I would lol hard.

etc. etc.

• At the end of the day there's always going to be sexism for as long as males and females are stereotypically seen as two different things, and I doubt we'll ever see a time where everybody is bisexual and there are just clothes instead of "men's" and "women's" sections.

Mainly I can't understand why the game industry gets even taken seriously.
    • bearybear wrote:

At the end of the day there's always going to be sexism for as long as males and females are stereotypically seen as two different things, and I doubt we'll ever see a time where everybody is bisexual and there are just clothes instead of "men's" and "women's" sections.

Mainly I can't understand why the game industry gets even taken seriously.

I actually wanted to started pointing in a direction who cause the majority of the GamerGate crap recently, but pointing fingers is quite rude. But leaving pictures is a whole other thing.