List of anime(s) you love all the time!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Hoan Thach wrote:

myanimelist.net/animelist/Pewdie&status=7&order=0

Let us consult Pewdiepie :D
      Given it is sort of.... dated, but hey.

On another hand, you can just look at a bunch of top 100 animes on myanimelist, most of which are pretty good.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

My favorite will be One Piece.
      too mainstream?
      Gankutsuo.

Thank you so much! And the first link is really a list of animes from Pewds?! I'm excited!

And I used to like One Piece. For unknown reason, I stopped and started to watch Bleach.
      Naruto has been in my list for a long time... I wonder if I should cross it out. :/
      :brofist: Bro-fist :)
    • Awesome! I have heard Naruto is highly overrated though. I'd suggest ones like Death Note, Durarara!, Toradora, Ouran High School Host Club and Noragami. Plus next year there are meant to be new seasons for both Noragami and Durarara! Which means it would be great timing to watch it arount this time. I also love Bleach, it's awesome. ^^
      The only way to truly escape the mundane is for you to constantly be evolving. Whether you choose to aim high, or aim low. Enjoy each day for what it is.
    • Ib is here wrote:

Awesome! I have heard Naruto is highly overrated though. I'd suggest ones like Death Note, Durarara!, Toradora, Ouran High School Host Club and Noragami. Plus next year there are meant to be new seasons for both Noragami and Durarara! Which means it would be great timing to watch it arount this time. I also love Bleach, it's awesome. ^^

My dear bro, I love Death Note!!! :brofist: :love:
      I will check out the rest of them that you suggested
      By the way, I love Ib <3 That game was such a thrill!
    • Death Note was so sad too though. ;( I'd suggest watching either Noragami or Durarara! first since Noragami has only 12 episodes and 2 ova's (only in subbed) and Durarara! has 24 with one extra episode.
      The only way to truly escape the mundane is for you to constantly be evolving. Whether you choose to aim high, or aim low. Enjoy each day for what it is.
    • Kanekii wrote:

- Death Note
      - Code geass
      - Fairy tail ( yep mainstream I know :whistling: )
      - Tokyo ghoul ( You can probably guess by my name :D )
      - Hunter x Hunter 2011
      and all the other mainstream/must have seen/old animes

Love Hunter x Hunter! And Fairy Tail is awesome (it was emotional for me at some episodes)
      Code geass...sounds so familiar. I will check all the rest of animes you suggested for me. Thank you and be FABULOUS :brofist:
    • Zankyou no Terror is about high school terrorists. It is a MUST watch! The ending is just beautiful. At first, this anime seems a lot like Death Note but they're completely different when you find out the entire story - it's more than two terrorists bombing places. You get to learn the backgrounds of the terrorists and their reasons, I think it's just heartbreaking. I am so glad I watched this anime.

Death Note is about Shinigamis, or gods of death, and an excellent, over-achieving high school student who is really bored with his life. He finds a "Death Note," in other words, a notebook by which writing a name is the method of killing. It was my first anime and another must watch. It questions your morality in a way on what you think is right or wrong. It is fun to think about as you are in the midst of a showdown. It puts you on the edge of your seat with passive action.

Ouran High School Host Club is a bit silly compared to the two anime mentioned above. OHSHC is about a middle-class high school student attending a rich school. This rich school can only be attended by hella rich students or students like Haruhi, the protagonist, an extremely knowledgeable freshman (though this student is the only student who was admissioned this way). It is also very funny, so you should watch this to get a laugh. Every episode has this nice feeling I can't describe but it's like you learn a lesson with every episode/

Watamote is about a girl transitioning into high school (in the first portion of the first episode) to a girl currently in high school as a freshman. Tomoko, the protagonist, plays games on her phone and/or computer all the time - not really social but it is extremely funny. You grow with Tomoko as she tries to become popular (she's a bit arrogant and self-centered) but it doesn't work so she's always secluded. She is just something you can't miss out on - honestly.

You've probably heard this fifty billion times but I will say it once more: Naruto! Naruto takes place in a fantasy world different from ours but yes, they have rules there too. Occupations, such as a doctor, exists there but there is also another occupation where you can be paid for: ninja. Yes, you heard me, ninjas. Naruto Uzumaki is training to become the best ninja, called the 'Hokage' in his village, Konohagakure (Konoha). He's not exactly the most intelligent nor the strongest but he has the most determination. Naruto is about the protagonist Naruto, his friends, and his life as he grows up to attempt to accomplish his one and only goal: Hokage. He's tired of the villagers ignoring, disputing, and flat out hating him for some reason he has yet to know as he follows his dreams. I honestly think that this anime is one of the best there. It is my favorite of all time and will always be held close to my heart. It's about loyalty, friendship, pain, sorrow, war, and love - true love. It's packed with action, you can ignore the fillers (the filler episodes, or in other words, episodes that are not a part of the main storyline). I cry with the death of every character and still do cry over them because it has affected my life so much. The periods of my life where I needed the comfort of someone that were so painful for me were helped by this anime. You might disagree that it's an amazing anime, you might even say it's a terrible anime but I guess it depends on the impact on what it had on you. Try it at least please. c:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is another perfect anime. It has so much action and has a great storyline that I can't even. It is honestly another one of the best anime out there. It is about alchemy. Alchemy is like a magical process where equivalent exchange is the key idea. Edward and Alphonse Elric, or just Ed and Al, lose their mother at an early age. They just wanted to see their mother again so they found a way to resurrect her through alchemy. But it fails and Ed loses his arm and leg while Al loses his entire body. His soul is retained in a suit of armor and Ed has a 'prosthetic' arm and leg. The two go on adventures to find the Philosopher's Stone which can grant them their bodies back. Once the two get more involved, they find out secrets all around them and attempt to discover the truth. It is such a great anime that if you never get to watch it, I pity your soul. If you're confused about Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I'll explain to you: FMA is partially based on the manga and once the producers caught up to the manga, they kind of just created their own storyline. I haven't watched FMA so I can't really tell you much but this: if you want to know the characters on, I guess a deeper level, you should watch FMA first. But you can watch FMAB first too - it doesn't matter. FMAB is based purely on the manga. FMAB is the anime I recommend.

Monster is, I think, rated R. I don't know if you'll be willing to watch it with the knowledge of its rating but I assure you, it's like, better than Death Note - the father of Death Note basically. It is so amazing in regards to its mysterious content and its action is just MWAH. It is about a young Japanese neurosurgeon who moves to Germany to continue his career there. He falls in love with the Director's (of the hospital he works at) daughter. He's gifted with immense talent. He has such promising future. But it all disappears from him before he could even grasp it because he decides to choose one surgery over the other. It is extremely mind wracking and so fun to figure out. It is a bit slow in the beginning like Death Note so if you want to stop watching, just know that it's worth it.

Tokyo Ghoul is another great anime, but, you'd be better off reading the manga because it isn't as rushed BUT I love it animated. Tokyo Ghoul takes place in Tokyo, Japan. In this anime, ghoul is an important term to know. A ghoul looks much like a human but in the inside is completely different. Ghouls eat humans to live. They also have powers called 'kagune.' Of course these ghouls coexist with humans in harmony - JK! It is a constant battle. The CCG is an organization branched from the government to 'counter' these ghouls with men and women who are trained.

I really have to go now so I'll just list the remaining anime down here - check them out cos they are all great!

-Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
      -Free! Eternal Summer (second season)
      -Naruto Shippuden (part 2 of Naruto)
    • Naruto012607 wrote:

Zankyou no Terror is about high school terrorists. It is a MUST watch! The ending is just beautiful. At first, this anime seems a lot like Death Note but they're completely different when you find out the entire story - it's more than two terrorists bombing places. You get to learn the backgrounds of the terrorists and their reasons, I think it's just heartbreaking. I am so glad I watched this anime.

Death Note is about Shinigamis, or gods of death, and an excellent, over-achieving high school student who is really bored with his life. He finds a "Death Note," in other words, a notebook by which writing a name is the method of killing. It was my first anime and another must watch. It questions your morality in a way on what you think is right or wrong. It is fun to think about as you are in the midst of a showdown. It puts you on the edge of your seat with passive action.

Ouran High School Host Club is a bit silly compared to the two anime mentioned above. OHSHC is about a middle-class high school student attending a rich school. This rich school can only be attended by hella rich students or students like Haruhi, the protagonist, an extremely knowledgeable freshman (though this student is the only student who was admissioned this way). It is also very funny, so you should watch this to get a laugh. Every episode has this nice feeling I can't describe but it's like you learn a lesson with every episode/

Watamote is about a girl transitioning into high school (in the first portion of the first episode) to a girl currently in high school as a freshman. Tomoko, the protagonist, plays games on her phone and/or computer all the time - not really social but it is extremely funny. You grow with Tomoko as she tries to become popular (she's a bit arrogant and self-centered) but it doesn't work so she's always secluded. She is just something you can't miss out on - honestly.

You've probably heard this fifty billion times but I will say it once more: Naruto! Naruto takes place in a fantasy world different from ours but yes, they have rules there too. Occupations, such as a doctor, exists there but there is also another occupation where you can be paid for: ninja. Yes, you heard me, ninjas. Naruto Uzumaki is training to become the best ninja, called the 'Hokage' in his village, Konohagakure (Konoha). He's not exactly the most intelligent nor the strongest but he has the most determination. Naruto is about the protagonist Naruto, his friends, and his life as he grows up to attempt to accomplish his one and only goal: Hokage. He's tired of the villagers ignoring, disputing, and flat out hating him for some reason he has yet to know as he follows his dreams. I honestly think that this anime is one of the best there. It is my favorite of all time and will always be held close to my heart. It's about loyalty, friendship, pain, sorrow, war, and love - true love. It's packed with action, you can ignore the fillers (the filler episodes, or in other words, episodes that are not a part of the main storyline). I cry with the death of every character and still do cry over them because it has affected my life so much. The periods of my life where I needed the comfort of someone that were so painful for me were helped by this anime. You might disagree that it's an amazing anime, you might even say it's a terrible anime but I guess it depends on the impact on what it had on you. Try it at least please. c:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is another perfect anime. It has so much action and has a great storyline that I can't even. It is honestly another one of the best anime out there. It is about alchemy. Alchemy is like a magical process where equivalent exchange is the key idea. Edward and Alphonse Elric, or just Ed and Al, lose their mother at an early age. They just wanted to see their mother again so they found a way to resurrect her through alchemy. But it fails and Ed loses his arm and leg while Al loses his entire body. His soul is retained in a suit of armor and Ed has a 'prosthetic' arm and leg. The two go on adventures to find the Philosopher's Stone which can grant them their bodies back. Once the two get more involved, they find out secrets all around them and attempt to discover the truth. It is such a great anime that if you never get to watch it, I pity your soul. If you're confused about Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I'll explain to you: FMA is partially based on the manga and once the producers caught up to the manga, they kind of just created their own storyline. I haven't watched FMA so I can't really tell you much but this: if you want to know the characters on, I guess a deeper level, you should watch FMA first. But you can watch FMAB first too - it doesn't matter. FMAB is based purely on the manga. FMAB is the anime I recommend.

Monster is, I think, rated R. I don't know if you'll be willing to watch it with the knowledge of its rating but I assure you, it's like, better than Death Note - the father of Death Note basically. It is so amazing in regards to its mysterious content and its action is just MWAH. It is about a young Japanese neurosurgeon who moves to Germany to continue his career there. He falls in love with the Director's (of the hospital he works at) daughter. He's gifted with immense talent. He has such promising future. But it all disappears from him before he could even grasp it because he decides to choose one surgery over the other. It is extremely mind wracking and so fun to figure out. It is a bit slow in the beginning like Death Note so if you want to stop watching, just know that it's worth it.

Tokyo Ghoul is another great anime, but, you'd be better off reading the manga because it isn't as rushed BUT I love it animated. Tokyo Ghoul takes place in Tokyo, Japan. In this anime, ghoul is an important term to know. A ghoul looks much like a human but in the inside is completely different. Ghouls eat humans to live. They also have powers called 'kagune.' Of course these ghouls coexist with humans in harmony - JK! It is a constant battle. The CCG is an organization branched from the government to 'counter' these ghouls with men and women who are trained.

I really have to go now so I'll just list the remaining anime down here - check them out cos they are all great!

-Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
      -Free! Eternal Summer (second season)
      -Naruto Shippuden (part 2 of Naruto)

You are so awesome to spend all these time typing all these for me! Thank you! :) And yes, Naruto really is an awesome anime which costed me tears through out the anime. Since I read chap 700 (the end of Naruto) in manga, I was kinda disappointed because the drawings were rushed... like the artist wanted to finish it fast. Death Note is just mind-blowing man! I love all logical thoughts of L. I will DEFINITELY check out your suggested animes! Your summaries of them are really good and made me excited to watch them. :brofist: <3
    • Black Butler is my most favorite anime ever! I always recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it because it made me look at life in a different perspective. It's hilarious, tragic and moving. The characters are all extremely memorable, and the storyline is very creative (a bit of it ties in with European history though!) It's inspired me in so many ways. If you plan to watch any new animes, please consider seeing this one ^^
    • Skully, not exactly. I thought of that the first time but I don't think that was the idea. I want you to take a closer look at Crona and then what happened to Maka on the last episode. I get where you're going but

Warning: Spoiler alert for all people that have not watched Soul Eater!

That was the Black blood inside Maka. It took me allot of wiki's and a second look on the situation in order for me to catch on ^^.
    • Ciel Phantomhive1875 wrote:

Black Butler is my most favorite anime ever! I always recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it because it made me look at life in a different perspective. It's hilarious, tragic and moving. The characters are all extremely memorable, and the storyline is very creative (a bit of it ties in with European history though!) It's inspired me in so many ways. If you plan to watch any new animes, please consider seeing this one ^^

Yes bro, I will watch every suggested animes you guys wrote in this thread. I want to reduce stressed from crappy stuffs in life. <3 :brofist:

fluffeh.monster wrote:

Hetalia is pretty awesome! :D

I'm sorry but I honestly paid attention to your Pikachu picture here more.... Just kidding! (THAT PICTURE IS ADORABLE THOUGH!!!) And yes, I will check out your suggested anime! :brofist:

Ashantiyana wrote:

Skully, not exactly. I thought of that the first time but I don't think that was the idea. I want you to take a closer look at Crona and then what happened to Maka on the last episode.

Alright, made me curious about this anime. Thank you! :brofist:

NellyFaithh wrote:

just a few of my favs:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
      The Vision of Escaflowne
      Gundam
      Magic Knight Rayearth
      Record of Lodoss War
      X1999
      Cowboy Bebop

New:
      Black Butler
      Free Iwatobi Swim Club
      Aoi Haru Ride
      Garden of Words

Black Butler... Oh gosh, every time I see that anime, *nose-bleeding* <3 :brofist: