A multiplayer game i am making, want to take a look? (and win alpha passes)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

Timmy stop being a show off,

EChondo you should change the title of the thread since people are going to think it is a rip off of DayZ, No zombies (as far as I know) just mutated insects

yeah the basic steam forum lurkers are like EET LOOK SHIT , NAME IZ GAI , EET EEZ DAYZ RIPOFF BUT WITH INSECTZ , HURR ANUTHUR ZOMBI SURVYVUL?

They don't even realise that this game didn't even hit alpha nor know on which engine it is running.

Yeah one guy said that it looked like crap and that the title splash looked hideous which brings me to a question,

stupid , they rather spend their time on steam forums being 1337 helpdesk and talk about CoD etc. then playing the actual games on steam , I would be like "wow , this is kind of amazing that only 1 person pulled this off. This actually looks promissing although I have my doubts about the name etc." but they rather be like total dicks stating it is ugly etc. without giving proper arguments for their statements. And who gives? The game is not even in alpha.

Exactly I'll take this 263km squared map over DayZ 25km squared map any day
    • gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

EChondo you should change the title of the thread since people are going to think it is a rip off of DayZ, No zombies (as far as I know) just mutated insects

yeah the basic steam forum lurkers are like EET LOOK SHIT , NAME IZ GAI , EET EEZ DAYZ RIPOFF BUT WITH INSECTZ , HURR ANUTHUR ZOMBI SURVYVUL?

They don't even realise that this game didn't even hit alpha nor know on which engine it is running.

Yeah one guy said that it looked like crap and that the title splash looked hideous which brings me to a question,

stupid , they rather spend their time on steam forums being 1337 helpdesk and talk about CoD etc. then playing the actual games on steam , I would be like "wow , this is kind of amazing that only 1 person pulled this off. This actually looks promissing although I have my doubts about the name etc." but they rather be like total dicks stating it is ugly etc. without giving proper arguments for their statements. And who gives? The game is not even in alpha.

well 263km is considerably moar than 25km :3 unless your really bad at math and numbers

anyway so what will the variety on guns be? I mean we know theres a magnum on the way but will there be Snipers (snipers might be a good way for people to camp, I think we shouldnt put that in) or Shotguns or melee weapons
      Signature not included
    • TimmyB1tch wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

well 263km is considerably moar than 25km :3 unless your really bad at math and numbers

anyway so what will the variety on guns be? I mean we know theres a magnum on the way but will there be Snipers (snipers might be a good way for people to camp, I think we shouldnt put that in) or Shotguns or melee weapons

He has some concept art for a sniper rifle on the Indiegogo gallery
    • TimmyB1tch wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

this isn't a normal FPS , besides its a 263km squared map so a sniper would not actually be wrong since the ammo and probs the snipers will be scarse as hell and maybe later for advanced features , how about weapon swaying , shooting between heartbeats , keeping your breath , taking note of distance and wind etc.? doesn't make the sniper OP anymore.

• PPP | FlameX wrote:

TimmyB1tch wrote:

Yeah it doesnt anymore, I coulkd have just seen many people just camping with snipers

I just didnt want this game to be exploited for dirty little tricks like a lot of games now a days

believe me , it won't every weapon will have its pro's and con's and even if you will get an OP weapon (which I doubt) , the other factors in the game will level that.

I.E Revolver: Deadly yet extreme recoil, and One idea I had was to input some sort of progression system to make weapon handling easier but not easy to the point where it is no recoil, I mean so it doesn't feel like you are an experienced soldier in the wasteland again
    • gogeta135 wrote:

PPP | FlameX wrote:

TimmyB1tch wrote:

Yeah it doesnt anymore, I coulkd have just seen many people just camping with snipers

I just didnt want this game to be exploited for dirty little tricks like a lot of games now a days

believe me , it won't every weapon will have its pro's and con's and even if you will get an OP weapon (which I doubt) , the other factors in the game will level that.

I.E Revolver: Deadly yet extreme recoil, and One idea I had was to input some sort of progression system to make weapon handling easier but not easy to the point where it is no recoil, I mean so it doesn't feel like you are an experienced soldier in the wasteland again
      good idea bro, I mean these are just random people right? civilians, its not like they are going to be able to do this shit easily at the start
      Signature not included
    • About the guns,

the weapons are well balanced, for example the handguns, the pistol is faster then the revolver but has less stopping power. The more powerfull revolver has a bigger kick and is harder to control. Also all the weapons have a realistic effective range and a maximum range. So there is no sniping all the way across the map.
      There won't be any "halo pistol" syndrome in this game :D

Give me all your money or Sluggy gets it!
    • blunderinggames wrote:

About the guns,

the weapons are well balanced, for example the handguns, the pistol is faster then the revolver but has less stopping power. The more powerfull revolver has a bigger kick and is harder to control. Also all the weapons have a realistic effective range and a maximum range. So there is no sniping all the way across the map.
      There won't be any "halo pistol" syndrome in this game :D

and no call of duty sniper syndrome.

• PPP | FlameX wrote:

Excuse me? I'm a Steam user first, a PewDie user second. Don't talk ill of other communities, you don't even know the Steam forums as NO ONE likes CoD there unless it's in the CoD section itself and second "1337 helpdesk"? The Steam forums can and will help anyone who asks for it, no one on Steam gloats nor do they think their better than someone else. Also, I'm sorry but who in the world actually uses "proper arguments for their statements"? Very rude and very immature.
      My Youtube Channel;
      youtube.com/user/EChondoHD

My Other Sites(Steam, Stream/Twitch.Tv);
      steamcommunity.com/id/EChondo/
      twitch.tv/echondo
    • I'm hoping for some stealth like qualities like say, muffled footsteps, Silencers (with less firepower and range of course for realities sake), holding breath when walking and/or shooting, knives can actually hurt somebody without CoD Godmodding, and there should be a knives upgrading system to where you actually can upgrade from like a hunting knife to a butchers knife up into swords and such, to get a good sword you'd have to, say be skilled with knives. I think this would be something good. If anyone sees flaws with this please state them. I'd try to figure ways around them.
      Here's my Page, go like if you wish Bros.

facebook.com/Slendyfosho
    • HipsterSlendy wrote:

I'm hoping for some stealth like qualities like say, muffled footsteps, Silencers (with less firepower and range of course for realities sake), holding breath when walking and/or shooting, knives can actually hurt somebody without CoD Godmodding, and there should be a knives upgrading system to where you actually can upgrade from like a hunting knife to a butchers knife up into swords and such, to get a good sword you'd have to, say be skilled with knives. I think this would be something good. If anyone sees flaws with this please state them. I'd try to figure ways around them.

Stealth sounds good but a progression system in terms of melee weapons? Only if it means you improve your skill with them, I don't want a pop up saying I can't use a dagger because I can't use knives well I should still be able to use them but again Progressively improving with them so I can use them more efficiently.
    • gogeta135 wrote:

HipsterSlendy wrote:

I'm hoping for some stealth like qualities like say, muffled footsteps, Silencers (with less firepower and range of course for realities sake), holding breath when walking and/or shooting, knives can actually hurt somebody without CoD Godmodding, and there should be a knives upgrading system to where you actually can upgrade from like a hunting knife to a butchers knife up into swords and such, to get a good sword you'd have to, say be skilled with knives. I think this would be something good. If anyone sees flaws with this please state them. I'd try to figure ways around them.

Stealth sounds good but a progression system in terms of melee weapons? Only if it means you improve your skill with them, I don't want a pop up saying I can't use a dagger because I can't use knives well I should still be able to use them but again Progressively improving with them so I can use them more efficiently.
      Yes that would mean you'd get better with your weapons as you go and then unlock the more damage dealing ones (not overpowered though) which in turn give you a bit of a boost with the weapons you've been using already so you don't have to stick to like a Katana or such.
      Here's my Page, go like if you wish Bros.

facebook.com/Slendyfosho
    • HipsterSlendy wrote:

The only problem with this in my view is, if you're going to be stealth then you shouldn't be using a sword for silent killing, you should be using a short blade such as a dagger. I would opt for a dagger on the belt with a katana on my back with also a gun on my back. Example from the Book of Eli where he pulls the sword from his back holstered; youtube.com/watch?v=-W1qR80oOt…=player_detailpage#t=128s
      My Youtube Channel;
      youtube.com/user/EChondoHD

My Other Sites(Steam, Stream/Twitch.Tv);
      steamcommunity.com/id/EChondo/
      twitch.tv/echondo
    • HipsterSlendy wrote:

gogeta135 wrote:

HipsterSlendy wrote:

Yes that would mean you'd get better with your weapons as you go and then unlock the more damage dealing ones (not overpowered though) which in turn give you a bit of a boost with the weapons you've been using already so you don't have to stick to like a Katana or such.

yeah but again the idea of having a Dead Island weapon thing is odd, I should be able to use a weapon regardless of previous weapon skills, I.E if i pick up a sword I should be able to use it instead of waiting until I excell at knives, and a way I mentioned earlier is to make your character use said weapon very clumsily and gradually improve with it, and to prevent someone just having max stats on all weapons the skills degrade the longer you don't use a weapon I.E I used a sword to the max then started to get a sledge hammer to the max, when you are done with the hammer, the sword skill decreases by at least 50% so people can specialize more