A multiplayer game i am making, want to take a look? (and win alpha passes)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Poroner wrote:

HipsterSlendy wrote:

Oh wow cool, What do alpha passes do exactly?

They allow you access to the alpha state of the game,the 1st version,it's not done yet (fixed bugs and full graphics) but it's still fun,just like with minecraft when it was in alpha and beta state,now it's the complete game.

This alpha state will even be "worse" then the alpha one of minecraft due to the possible lack of animations, AI etc. , but hell , would love to see a game improve from time to time and see it evolve multiple times. currently loving the progress made with project zomboid and I had never expected that they would look it that good , I actually bought project zomboid due to the fact I like retro looking games and it was very unique (being the current best zombie outbreak simulation game on the market while not even done)

Seeing it evolve from this :

to this:

And now this :

Oh well , done with the Project Zomboid fanboyism thingy , I think the multiplayer game has some potential and it would be very disappointing if something that promising goes to waste. The least thing I could do is flushing traffic forward for you
      , I hope some of them considered contributing though :V

The post was edited 1 time, last by PPP | FlameX ().

• i shared it on the interwebz like you so kindly ask :) game has lots of petential cant wait till i can play it :3

*BROFIST*

...................__
      ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
      ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
      .........\.................'...../
      ..........''...\.......... _.·´
      ............\..............(
    • Going to share it on Facebook, reddit and a russian GTA zombie loving site.

Will give links when I upload.

Reddit : reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/v…king_survival_experience/ Upvote for more recognition.

Russian GTA zombie loving site : fotl-clan.ru/index.php?topic=43401.msg912584;topicseen#new

I also shared it on facebook.

Scatman, fat man, black and white and brown man
      Tell me 'bout the colour of your soul.

If part of your solution isn't ending the pollution
      Then I don't want to hear your stories told.
      I want to welcome you to Scatman's world

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Dude ().

• Hello awesome bro's!

You are all AWESOME!

And protag22 frigging rocks! Thank you a lot bro!
      This is just going to be a quick reply, but i'll try and awnser any questions as quick as possible. For the last few months my schedule has been: get up - shower - work- eat- building the game - sleep. I am currently doing everything that has to do with the game, but i am not very good at animating or a super programmer hence why i started the funding campaign, to pay an upcoming animator and programmer to help me. I think the game deserves to get polished.

Ok, so people asked about the alpha passes and what they will do. Firstly, with the alpha pass you will get the alpha build of the game and a free game when its ready because of the hard work test playing it. It will hopefully have animated enemies, consumables and creatures to hunt working already. In the alpha the main thing will be working out the kinks in the programming, if the systems work right and ofcourse to see till what level i can crank up the visuals while keeping it running on most computers and have it lag free, because its a really big world and will (hopefully!) have hundreds of players at the same time roaming the world.

The people with an alpha pass will ofcourse also be invited to the beta test, the beta will focus largely on gameplay, to see if the area's are balanced, locations of spawnplaces and so on.

I hope that makes things a bit more clear. If you have any questions (or if i have missed yours) feel free to post it in this thread or shoot me a pm. I will get back to you as quick as possible. Again thank you all for spreading it around, it will help me get the game out quicker and more polished.
      I wish i could do it all myself, but some stuff i just can't do and i rather let someone else do it then try and do it myself and make it suck.
      THANK YOU BRO'S!
      :thumbsup:

Give me all your money or Sluggy gets it!

The post was edited 1 time, last by blunderinggames ().

• BETA PASS AS WELL... dude i will not let you down

if we join forces we SHALL RULE THE WOR.... errr i mean END BOREDOM
      need to email me about something? [email protected]
      need to email my dev team with some questions about the game? [email protected]
      want to get the latest updates on our progress?
      twitter.com/DecapitatedTree
      facebook.com/pages/Decapitated-Tree/402265469867737

if you want to be part of the dev team send me an email or message
    • *is surprised he got one* oh cool...well I look forward to testing it if you want or whatever, I have a lot of freetime now that its summer

*if you look at my name you can tell I dont care about myself but I have a high self esteem so derp I am surprised an awsome peice of shit like me got one :D* <--- dun make sense
      Signature not included
    • blunderinggames wrote:

You bro's are too AWESOME!

Because of that i will give away way more alpha passes just for my bro's. All the people above this post will defenitly get one. I will pm you during the weekend, since i am very busy with the game. For the rest of you awesome bro's i will give away 5 (!!!!) more.
      All you have to do is make some noise about the game and funding campain.

That is all you have to do, i don't expect you to do actual funding but ofcourse it would be awesome if you did, but you will need paypal or creditcard.

Thank you all very much again bro's, we will do an special alpha test day with only bro's :thumbsup:
      That's awesome Blundering, I hope you reach your goal of 20,000 dollars ;)
    • blunderinggames wrote:

Hello awesome bro's!

You are all AWESOME!

And protag22 frigging rocks! Thank you a lot bro!
      This is just going to be a quick reply, but i'll try and awnser any questions as quick as possible. For the last few months my schedule has been: get up - shower - work- eat- building the game - sleep. I am currently doing everything that has to do with the game, but i am not very good at animating or a super programmer hence why i started the funding campaign, to pay an upcoming animator and programmer to help me. I think the game deserves to get polished.

Ok, so people asked about the alpha passes and what they will do. Firstly, with the alpha pass you will get the alpha build of the game and a free game when its ready because of the hard work test playing it. It will hopefully have animated enemies, consumables and creatures to hunt working already. In the alpha the main thing will be working out the kinks in the programming, if the systems work right and ofcourse to see till what level i can crank up the visuals while keeping it running on most computers and have it lag free, because its a really big world and will (hopefully!) have hundreds of players at the same time roaming the world.

The people with an alpha pass will ofcourse also be invited to the beta test, the beta will focus largely on gameplay, to see if the area's are balanced, locations of spawnplaces and so on.

I hope that makes things a bit more clear. If you have any questions (or if i have missed yours) feel free to post it in this thread or shoot me a pm. I will get back to you as quick as possible. Again thank you all for spreading it around, it will help me get the game out quicker and more polished.
      I wish i could do it all myself, but some stuff i just can't do and i rather let someone else do it then try and do it myself and make it suck.
      THANK YOU BRO'S!
      :thumbsup:
      Yo Blundering, could I take a look at your models for your creatures?

I'm not a pro animator but i have done some animating

Also are your characters rigged?
    • Ah nice blundering! What you said about the "Hundreds of players roaming the world at the same time" Sorta reminds me of ArmA 2 since the world is almost 25 square miles large and it supports quite a bit of players.

If you do plan on implementing it then good luck with the net code and you might want to implement a feature that offers more than one server to go on and that your character is persistent throughout the servers. I.E like DayZ mod if you log out on one server and log into another your character stats, equipment, and position are saved.

Of course that would take a lot of power on the servers end but definitely worthwhile
    • Blundering , I may have a nice idea to get some people on the bandwagon for the game and some money in the progress...

- Small 3d android games , just small games , I have played for example a nice horror FP point and click game which was really really short for example. It had only 1 small (bath) room with some items scattered around. now you may think that the game was pathetic, but I have to say it was brilliant. The game had some scare triggers (ghosts) but they were based on brush which a texture which had an alpha channel (long short short : transparent background). Although the game was really small in nature , it was entertaining as hell and I couldn't wait due to anxiety for the next part. sadly the next part costed money so I didn't get it. (but it would have been worth it) xD

> Excellent starter for building "fame" if you have the proper knowledge (and I think you have), people need an app for everything nowadays.
      ---
      - Twitter , would even work better with the above combination. Twitter keeps you in touch with your "fans" and interested easily with just posting a few lines. This can be real handy if some people look for certain games. Proper/Viral #tags usage is adviced.

> Would be epic in combination with an auto reply bot , but your account may be terminated due to spamming though , so not entirely recommended
      ---
      - Facebook Fanpage + like4like service, nothing beats the good ol' marketing. It is in human nature that if something gets more likes/attention , that it is better. So why shall we not make "abuse" of this by logging in on a like 4 like service and draw in more attention?

> Works best in combination with a 2nd facebook account on a VPS with a Firefox plugin running for it.
      ---
      - Mouth to mouth , Although this may be the oldest and maybe even now the "worst" way on how to make your things popular. It still works like a charm if you have a lot of friends and a bunch of charisma, I would suggest to interact with your friends and show the current status about your game , and if they "wowing" at the things you have done or can , then you have struck gold. Since that person will likely talk about it later on some moment at another friend (if he has some ofc.) and that person might be interested as well and so on and so on. Although I wouldn't recommend this if you do only this.

> Old but gold (sometimes)
      ---
      - Build a (community) website , website building can be fun and time consuming , but if done right and looks flashy. It might attract people , be sure to post your nicest concepts on the website and keep it nicely up to date, A forum would be handy for your fanbase (if any) to talk about your games and other stuff. It will also allows you to keep in touch with people closely and build interest.

> Works best in combination with several social media plugins to keep the content fresh. but not really recommended for starters. get some interested people first.
      ---
      Well , I personally recommend the Android games pretty damn much for starting small. And will post some more things later on when I get with some more. I hope it will help you out.