Players with Disabilities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Players with Disabilities

This thread is for discussing how real-life disabilities impact gameplay, I had the urge to post this because of my past experiences

If you have a disability, you can talk about activities you find difficult, and how you have adapted. Or, you can share how your experiences in games have helped you in real life. If you do not have a disability, feel free to share stories of your friends or comment on other posts.

Disabilities can generally be grouped into one of two categories:

Invisible Disabilities - This includes physical disabilities that affect internal organs as well as autism, mental health problems, and learning disabilities. Millions of people struggle daily with disabilities that are not at all apparent to others.

Visible Disabilities - This includes physical deformities, such as limb loss, that can often result from birth defects or accidents.

Some disabled players might have introverted or short tempered personalities. Certain disabilities, like dyslexia, may affect players' ability to read and respond quickly to chat. Deaf players may find portions of the game difficult without sound. A disability requiring frequent treatment could prevent someone from playing long games or events. Color blindness or vision impairment would make it difficult to see small things too.

What can you do to help? Be sensitive and friendly to others. Don't make fun of people who are slower than you or struggle with certain activities in the game. If someone tells you that they have a medical or psychological problem, encourage them to seek help from a trusted adult or counselor.

For example, when we're playing online, it's easy to forget that there are real people behind all of the characters you meet in-game. I hope this thread spreads awareness and serves as a reminder that players come from a wide variety of backgrounds. If you'd like to chat regarding this feel free to PM me.

You may post! :)