Cheating in relationship (When?)

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Cheating in relationship (When?)

Hello Bros :D I'm wonder, when do you think is that moment when you say to your girlfriend / boyfriend "you cheated on me, I break up with you". What situation or what gesture is an adultery or betrayal in relationship? Is it a kiss on the cheek? simple kiss? french kiss? We have that kind of situation - You are drunk (helicopter in your head :D) on a great party. There is your great looking friend. You are dancing with him and at some point he kiss you... You kiss him back but then you say something like "Ive got boyfriend/girlfriend I can't do this". Is that a betrayal? Maybe you can describe some problematic situation?
      "Everybody knows that something can't be done and then somebody turns up and he doesn't know it can't be done and he does it." ~ Albert Einstein
    • To me, yes, that's cheating. And no, i wouldn't accept you back.

To me, a betrayal isn't only a physical thing as you exemplify. The fact that you WANT to be with someone else while being in a relationship isn't an okay thing, am i right?

Call me old fashioned, i dont care, it's just what i think :3

I bet you can't click that dancin' Buu
    • it is cheating. oh and that "moment" varied from person to person. it kinda depends on how many "second chances" you can give the person you're in a relationship with.

and btw, being drunk is never an excuse. alcohol doesnt make you into something you're not. it just amplifies who you are inside.

"so it's impossible? good. if memory serves, we've done the impossible before"
    • It depends from person to person but in general, the mere fact you're into someone else (that's not your partner) is considered cheating. This doesn't mean you can't look at someone else and find them attractive, you can't stop that (c'mon, some people are just plain out beautiful and it's rather hard to keep your eyes off of them) but the moment you act upon your own desire to be with someone else while also being in a relationship, that's cheating.
      I personally wouldn't make it into such a big deal when it just involves a kiss (sure I'd talk about it.. I'd like to know it if my partner wants someone else rather then me) and I'd rather feel cheated when my partner would spend all their time and love on someone else rather then me. Emotional above physical.
    • I wouldn't cheat on anyone, and if drinking causes you to cheat then you shouldn't be drinking. For me, if it's flirting or a kiss, I would give you just one chance. Do it once, I'll forgive after we talk about it, figure out why you did it, what should change, your feelings toward the person you cheated with and promise not to do it again. Break that promise and do it twice, then you'll have to buy me a ton of video games and beg for my forgiveness, and we can be friends, but our relationship is probably over.
      Maybe this is a little strict but if the relationship is going well no one should be cheating, so if there's cheating involved there are probably other problems to deal with anyway :v

I smack you with my petals
    • Bros... This is amazing. I agree with every post in this thread. This is true that when you are drunk you are 100% yourself + you got courage to do things that you normally want to do but you don't do. If you are in relationship and you think about some other girl like all the time, then this is just matter of time and you will cheat her. You should give a second chance your partner ONLY if he/she admit that he/she was kissing with another person.

Miinuko wrote:

To me, yes, that's cheating. And no, i wouldn't accept you back.

To me, a betrayal isn't only a physical thing as you exemplify. The fact that you WANT to be with someone else while being in a relationship isn't an okay thing, am i right?

Call me old fashioned, i dont care, it's just what i think :3

Well... It seems that we all are old fashioned :D
      "Everybody knows that something can't be done and then somebody turns up and he doesn't know it can't be done and he does it." ~ Albert Einstein
    • As little as kissing behind someone's back is cheating imo. Although I might possibly take someone back if it was just a kiss (other factors in the relationship have to be considered). But if it was any more physical than a kiss - no way.

However I have been in two open relationships. The first one, with my girlfriend, we got to the point where it was pretty obvious I was more gay than straight, but we still really loved each other and wanted to be together. She said it was fine if I saw other guys, but NO girls (which obviously wouldn't have happened anyway). And the guy I've been with since we were 15 is a full open relationship, although I don't really consider it cheating because we both know about it. And I'm not particularly inclined anyway since I'm basically gay asexual at this point lol.

There's honesty and friendship and love which outweight sexual stuff, so it's not always black and white, but if someone is expecting faithfulness and faithfulness has been promised by a partner and they don't adhere to that - it is cheating in both definitions.

I think it's disgusting behaviour when people have been together for years and then find out that their partner has been cheating on them with numerous people the whole time. That's just gross. Don't be in a relationship if you don't want to commit.
    • When there is a connection happening with your partner or you with another person other than your partner or yourself.
      "For I am invisible in the crowd of strangers, will you ever see me in this unending sea of faceless people? Or will you too, ignore me and let me drown in this sorrow, and be forever tortured by solitude.."

• I've been cheated on by people I actually really liked,the emotional damage is very numbing.The last relationship I was in was like this,where he would tell me things I wanted to hear and then he'd tell me who he'd been with/slept with.Cheating is disgusting and it ruins relationships.Things like sex or emotional affairs are just wrong.I don't think I could bring myself to talk to you or forgive you because it makes me feel beyond ashamed,wasted, like I am the one to blame, that maybe I was never good enough for you in the first place,and that I didn't accomplish my job as a girlfriend.I just think how far your forgiveness stretches is how much chemistry you have with that person.Don't get me wrong I am a very forgiving person,it's just that if I feel like you're worth my time,I'll let you know straight up but if not,then there isn't much I can do to better that relationship.If you're cheating,you're not emotionally mature enough to handle a relationship and you have no business coming into someone's life,changing it,and then wrecking it down behind their backs,it's not fair.If you're cheating then you're only in it for the physical things and for the feeling of love,not because you genuinely want to be with that one person.