Indie Game: "Papers, Please"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Indie Game: "Papers, Please"

Papers, Please is a pixel puzzle game that " focuses on the emotional toll of working as an immigration officer, deciding whom to let in and whom to exclude from entering the fictional dystopian country of Arstotzka."

Gameplay:
      You are an immigration inspector at the Country of Arstotzka. You can approve, deny, detain, shoot, and bribe people at your own will. It may either be because you feel sorry for a certain innocent citizen, or be as merciless to terrorists and smugglers as you fellow dystopian countrymen.
      Quoting form Wikipedia: "The player inspects arrivals' documents and uses an array of tools to determine whether the papers are in order, for the purpose of keeping unwanted individuals, such as terrorists, wanted criminals, or smugglers, out of the country. When discrepancies are discovered, the player may interrogate the applicant about the discrepancy, and possibly demand further information, such as fingerprints or a full body scan. There are opportunities for the player to have the applicant arrested and the applicant may, at times, attempt to bribe the inspector. The player ultimately must stamp the individual's papers to accept or deny entry and then call for the next person in line; only at this point is the player told of any mistakes they may have made by way of a warning slip." More

Papers, Please Gameplay

Buy on Steam
      : Papers, Please
      "Congratulations.
      The October labor lottery is complete. Your name was pulled.
      For immediate placement, report to the The Ministry of Admission at Grestin Border Checkpoint.
      An apartment will be provided for you and your family in East Grestin. Expect a Class-8 dwelling.
      Glory to Arstotzka

The communist state of Arstotzka has just ended a 6-year war with neighboring Kolechia and reclaimed its rightful half of the border town, Grestin. Your job as immigration inspector is to control the flow of people entering the Arstotzkan side of Grestin from Kolechia. Among the throngs of immigrants and visitors looking for work are hidden smugglers, spies, and terrorists. Using only the documents provided by travelers and the Ministry of Admission's primitive inspect, search, and fingerprint systems you must decide who can enter Arstotzka and who will be turned away or arrested."

In my opinion, "Papers, Please" is a promising pixel game. I have the option to choose whichever I deemed fit for a citizen or foreigner, while considering my family and salary of course. The storyline is good, but what excites me most is the many endings I may have.

Anyways, go check out this game bros! I hope Pewds plays this next time too! :brofist:
      щ (*ㅇ△ Φ☆)ノ

The post was edited 2 times, last by chuubunny ().