Do you consider yourself an Extravert, an Introvert, or an Ambivert?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• yudodis wrote:

I consider myself as a Duck

yudodis wrote:

What's the difference between the three?

Quack then yudodis :P
      Extraverts are people who "recharge" energy by spending time with other people,. They can be outgoing, great at small talk, and usually speak their minds or act on impulses. They usually love making friends.
      Introverts are people who "recharge" energy by keeping to themselves or having "me" time. Often thought to be shy, Introverts tends to think before they speak and prefer to stay away from small talk but love deep conversations. Introverts tend to be social will a smaller, yet often closer group of friends.
      Ambiverts may have both qualities from both of the above. Often Ambiverts lean a little more towards one side of the spectrum but they can be a balance between the two "-verts".

very nice explanation!
      Im an Ambivert! I think?
      Thanks Bro! I something learned today
    • yudodis wrote:

yudodis wrote:

I consider myself as a Duck

yudodis wrote:

What's the difference between the three?

Quack then yudodis :P
      Extraverts are people who "recharge" energy by spending time with other people,. They can be outgoing, great at small talk, and usually speak their minds or act on impulses. They usually love making friends.
      Introverts are people who "recharge" energy by keeping to themselves or having "me" time. Often thought to be shy, Introverts tends to think before they speak and prefer to stay away from small talk but love deep conversations. Introverts tend to be social will a smaller, yet often closer group of friends.
      Ambiverts may have both qualities from both of the above. Often Ambiverts lean a little more towards one side of the spectrum but they can be a balance between the two "-verts".

very nice explanation!
      Im an Ambivert! I think?
      Thanks Bro! I something learned today

It was my pleasure :) Anytime, dude!

xSakura wrote:

I think i'm introvert. Not cool bro ;(

Why do you think so? I think it's cool that you are :)
    • I was previously an extrovert, but it all kind of went to shit when I moved countries. I suppose you wouldn't guess it, if you knew me, cause I won't push you away if you approach me, to avoid being rude, but in my head I think "oh my god do I really have to talk to you can't you see that I'm holding a book right now does it look like I want to speak to you?" I really can't stand stupid people, and I just can't enjoy a conversation with someone about what some celebrity did or whatever. There are plenty of people I talk to everyday, but I show a superficial me, and hide the deeper stuff. The best times are when I'm alone and have something to entertain myself with, but people tend to think I look lonely and approach me, which is annoying. Meeting new people is draining, maybe cause I'm just too lazy to carry a conersation.

I smack you with my petals
    • I'm actually very introverted, even though I have a lot of friends. It's kind of hard that way, because I don't particularly like being around people for long periods of time, and can quickly get bored with someone (not overall, of course). I don't mean to be rude, so I feel pretty guilty whenever I do become disinterested. Maybe my relaxed demeanor is sought out by others as a means of balancing their own emotions?
    • Sorry for the late reply, I've been kinda in and out due to being busy.

LilyWhite wrote:

I was previously an extrovert, but it all kind of went to shit when I moved countries. I suppose you wouldn't guess it, if you knew me, cause I won't push you away if you approach me, to avoid being rude, but in my head I think "oh my god do I really have to talk to you can't you see that I'm holding a book right now does it look like I want to speak to you?" I really can't stand stupid people, and I just can't enjoy a conversation with someone about what some celebrity did or whatever. There are plenty of people I talk to everyday, but I show a superficial me, and hide the deeper stuff. The best times are when I'm alone and have something to entertain myself with, but people tend to think I look lonely and approach me, which is annoying. Meeting new people is draining, maybe cause I'm just too lazy to carry a conersation.

Which country did you move from? If you don't mind me asking.
      I think a lot of people feel this way, to be honest. Do think you get enough "me time"?

NeonNotes wrote:

I'm actually very introverted, even though I have a lot of friends. It's kind of hard that way, because I don't particularly like being around people for long periods of time, and can quickly get bored with someone (not overall, of course). I don't mean to be rude, so I feel pretty guilty whenever I do become disinterested. Maybe my relaxed demeanor is sought out by others as a means of balancing their own emotions?

Question for you: does your relaxed demeanor cause people to try to get reactions out of you? For example, annoying you on purpose?
    • NoizeXP wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been kinda in and out due to being busy.

LilyWhite wrote:

I was previously an extrovert, but it all kind of went to shit when I moved countries. I suppose you wouldn't guess it, if you knew me, cause I won't push you away if you approach me, to avoid being rude, but in my head I think "oh my god do I really have to talk to you can't you see that I'm holding a book right now does it look like I want to speak to you?" I really can't stand stupid people, and I just can't enjoy a conversation with someone about what some celebrity did or whatever. There are plenty of people I talk to everyday, but I show a superficial me, and hide the deeper stuff. The best times are when I'm alone and have something to entertain myself with, but people tend to think I look lonely and approach me, which is annoying. Meeting new people is draining, maybe cause I'm just too lazy to carry a conersation.

I think a lot of people feel this way, to be honest. Do think you get enough "me time"?

Moved from Murica. I honestly feel like I should get more time alone.

I smack you with my petals

The post was edited 1 time, last by LilyWhite ().

• How did I miss this thread? This is the best science ever next to philosophy c:

I am an introvert, an INFP among the many types if you may. Which is actually the same personality as Mayer Briggs herself if you can believe that. I'm still surprised myself<_<
      Who's your real life healer?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pvt Lederhose ().

• NoizeXP wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been kinda in and out due to being busy.

LilyWhite wrote:

NeonNotes wrote:

I'm actually very introverted, even though I have a lot of friends. It's kind of hard that way, because I don't particularly like being around people for long periods of time, and can quickly get bored with someone (not overall, of course). I don't mean to be rude, so I feel pretty guilty whenever I do become disinterested. Maybe my relaxed demeanor is sought out by others as a means of balancing their own emotions?

Question for you: does your relaxed demeanor cause people to try to get reactions out of you? For example, annoying you on purpose?

Actually, yes; especially annoying me on purpose or stating something "amazing" (which I, in turn, shoot down sometimes). It might be a given that they usually fail, however, cause I'm not really easily surprised. Maybe they feel competitive to when I shoot them down? Not sure, but overall, yes, they do often try. I always figured this is the case for everyone, but maybe I should pay more attention. Maybe it really is just me, haha.
    • Pvt Lederhose wrote:

How did I miss this thread? This is the best science ever next to philosophy c:

I am an introvert, an INFP among the many types if you may. Which is actually the same personality as Mayer Briggs herself if you can believe that. I'm still surprised myself<_<

Pvt Lederhose, I've just taken some time to research that and I believe I may be an INFP as well. I need to look more into it but I've got to say thanks for showing me these personality types!

woah bear wrote:

i am an introvert, i may come across shy but really i prefer observing than contributing and being by my self seems less daunting than being around other people but i'm not extremely antisocial and i do have friends whom i am comfortable talking to.

I've read that as introverts we tend to become "over-stimulated" when it comes to being around groups of people and therefore we feel more comfortable assessing our surroundings rather than being shy, which is actually possible for extraverts to be as well. Do people tell you they thought you were shy when they first meet you?

NeonNotes wrote:

Actually, yes; especially annoying me on purpose or stating something "amazing" (which I, in turn, shoot down sometimes). It might be a given that they usually fail, however, cause I'm not really easily surprised. Maybe they feel competitive to when I shoot them down? Not sure, but overall, yes, they do often try. I always figured this is the case for everyone, but maybe I should pay more attention. Maybe it really is just me, haha.

We tend to assess "amazing" claims before giving an outward reaction. This could mean something truly has to be amazing for us to consider it. But I'm not some super expert and it goes into psychology and whatnot lol
      Let me know what you find out, I'd be glad to hear it :)
    • NoizeXP wrote:

Pvt Lederhose, I've just taken some time to research that and I believe I may be an INFP as well. I need to look more into it but I've got to say thanks for showing me these personality types!

No problem at all! I made an entire thread about this topic if you care to join. I could use some company in there <_<

Let's find ourselves together!

link v
      MBTI Personality Assesment/Enneagrams
      Who's your real life healer?
    • Pvt Lederhose wrote:

NoizeXP wrote:

No problem at all! I made an entire thread about this topic if you care to join. I could use some company in there <_<

Let's find ourselves together!

link v
      MBTI Personality Assesment/Enneagrams

Check your thread :P

yookaj wrote:

Used to be an Introvert in high school. Then an extrovert for one year in college then an introvert till my 3rd year in college. Then became an ambivert (occasionally leaning to introvert) in my last year of college up to this day.

It's interesting that there would be so many changes in your -version. I wonder, did you feel overstimulated during your high school and those college years? Did you really love having company and felt recharged during that one year of college?
      I don't mean to pry so answer to your comfort, of course :)